Song Dedication Thread v4, "Combat your commentary" Edition

RIP Gary Brooker. Is that why you posted this?

Gonna dedicate this to everyone who is feeling sad today.

Yeah since Brooker’s passing I’ve listened to more of Procul Harem. Love the albums Broken Barricades and the live one with the London symphony orchestra. Stumbled upon other versions of great songs like Conquistador and A Whiter Shade of Pale.
Thanks for asking and for the cool song you posted. Have a good weekend!

@Jackonfire This song is for you best ever mod and dear friend

(Glen Campbell is one of my favorite ever singers)

Thank you. I've always loved that song. It was written by John Hartford who was a friend of my uncle's. They were both riverboat captains who played bluegrass music. Some of my favorite memories from childhood were camping out at bluegrass festivals with the late night jam sessions around the campfire.

This is about the local riverboat he was the captain of for a while.

Thank you. I've always loved that song. It was written by John Hartford who was a friend of my uncle's. They were both riverboat captains who played bluegrass music. Some of my favorite memories from childhood were camping out at bluegrass festivals with the late night jam sessions around the campfire.

This is about the local riverboat he was the captain of for a while.

Wow thats awesome Hartford was a friend on your uncle's. I saw Glen Campbell live in 1994, me and my parents went to see him play live and he was amazing, he is such a great singer, no miming at all and no background singers, he sings it all live and will change some words on approval of the crowd, he is a really great singer

I miss those late night campfires, I used to love them, :D :D :D I have a funny memory about late night campfires, we didn't have any cool jam sessions, but do you remember Goosebumps? the books by R.L Stine? well we used to create our own Goosebumps stories and tell them around the fire and get all scared, haha it was a great time and great memories.

Great song! thanks for sharing, love it.

@Jackonfire I've been playing an entire playlist of John Hartford today because of your post, absoutley loving his music, I hadn't heard anything by him in many years, but thanks to you its reminded me of him. "Lorena" and "Steamboat Whistle Blues" are such a mood booster, love it

I love this thread, I wish more people visited it, I know it rarely gets visits, but I love this thread because some of the music suggestions I have been given have made me found some new artists that I now love, and also sometimes I was tagged in a song that I completely forgot about but I loved as a child.

Wonderful!! :D
7SyC.gif

@Jackonfire I've been playing an entire playlist of John Hartford today because of your post, absoutley loving his music, I hadn't heard anything by him in many years, but thanks to you its reminded me of him. "Lorena" and "Steamboat Whistle Blues" are such a mood booster, love it

I love this thread, I wish more people visited it, I know it rarely gets visits, but I love this thread because some of the music suggestions I have been given have made me found some new artists that I now love, and also sometimes I was tagged in a song that I completely forgot about but I loved as a child.

This makes me so happy. Music is probably my favorite thing to share. Right up there with cat pictures :)

This thread, and the Jukebox overall has been such a great addition to Sherdog. I've discovered so much music here that I probably wouldn't have heard otherwise. Music from all over the world. It truly is the universal language.

Delilah is watching you!

jaDvhPQ.jpg

Back