Song you wake up with

fingercuffs

36CFIST
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do any/all of you do that? Your first thoughts are "dammit I'm awake", but you have a track in the back of your head as soon as you come around.

I always do, and it cheers me up a bit. For a year now it tends to be Dig by Incubus which is a comfort but also reminds me of a not particularly nice time last year so I'm weening myself off. Today I woke up with

I'll keep the thread going, it'll be interesting to keep a sort of diary.

I still use a clock radio programmed to a classic rock station.

When i wake up with a song stuck in my head, it's almost always something from when i was a child and riding in my mom's car. Think Dionne Warwick.

@Gene Tunney
I lost a ridiculous amount of vinyl in a fire a few years ago, my parents bought me a special edition of Live in The City of Lights as a kid for a Christmas present. Husband found it and bought it for me again recently. After seeing you post about Summertime I'm listening to it again. Thank you.

I preprogram an alarm clock on a Classic Rock station to wake me up. Same as @Kraysla

It is weird to listen to a specific song in the morning. When I wake up I regret it and wanna go back to bed so I don't even want to listen to music until I am in the car and ready to drive to work.

If that's what you mean then it just depends on the mood I am in but because I just turned 40 I usually put on something chill. Some Com Truise or TEED I have been listening to recently.

I preprogram an alarm clock on a Classic Rock station to wake me up. Same as @Kraysla

It is weird to listen to a specific song in the morning. When I wake up I regret it and wanna go back to bed so I don't even want to listen to music until I am in the car and ready to drive to work.

If that's what you mean then it just depends on the mood I am in but because I just turned 40 I usually put on something chill. Some Com Truise or TEED I have been listening to recently.
Donkeys years back when I used to have a cassette radio alarm, I had this. I never woke up unhappy.

I have two alarms set in the morning, one to tell me to stop fucking about and get in the shower and another to tell me to stop fucking about and leave the house

first one is Dubliners Raglan Road
second is John Coltrane Naima

Every day is the same!

Back