Songs with incredible drumming

Incredible doesn't always mean technical. For some reason, I've always been blown away by the drumming in Filter's Hey Man Nice Shot. It's just so simple but powerful combined with the bass.

i totally agree. drumming doesn't have to be extremely technical to be considered, "good". i love the drumming on the song below. it reminds me of horses galloping. very epic is sound and feel!

Gene Hoglan has played with damn near every metal band around. This isn’t the best example of how great he is but I love the drumming in this song.

Dave Lombardo's drumming in Seasons in the Abyss

After Dave left Slayer got more technical and faster but lost their groove and soul. Lombardo had feeling and style, Bostaph is an incredible drummer, but, to my ears it’s sterile and without emotion.

Honestly my favorite drumming for a whole rock song is this Neil Peart in hemispheres...ridiculously in the pocket

If you want to talk about a drummer that could play deep in the pocket, look no further than Carl Palmer.

I love what he does in this song from the 5:01 mark until the end:

Anything with Danny Carey or Jimmy Chamberlain

I would call Lopez's drumming 'technical, mechanical, saucy'

You guys seem to like the heavy shit, but Carter Beauford is awesome. Give it a shot:

Always loved this guy. Never got much into dmb but this guy is clearly amazing

Anything by Cream

Probably most popular

Ginger Baker's understanding of rhythms and and timing is incredible. Yes, there are a lot of metal guys who are faster and play more "technical" IE use more of their kit and change more time signatures. But Ginger is just next level on timing and his technique variance when it comes to just hitting the snare. It's not something Peart from Rush didn't get into until a little later and he became a god of drumming.

Pretty sure Cygnus X-1 Book 2 was already posted.

Not impressive or anything but I like the drums a lot here.

Some Hip Hop with banging drums

Back