Rumored Sources: Kade Ruotolo Making MMA Debut at ONE 167

hswrestler

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Kade Ruotolo will make his MMA debut this spring, Sports Illustrated has learned.

His first-ever MMA bout will take place at ONE 167 on June 7 at Impact Arena in Bangkok. Ruotolo will compete in a lightweight bout against Blake Cooper, who is the younger brother of accomplished PFL fighter Ray Cooper.

There are few fighters in the world with as much potential as Ruotolo. Only 21, he could become the face of ONE Championship. Of course, that will require he wins–and does so in an exciting fashion.

Much respect that he's actually doing it.

Hopefully he's working hard at the striking. Relying on high level BJJ seems to have a ceiling in MMA these days.

I'm not a grappling expert, but is anyone here giving Mikey a chance? How big of an upset would this be?

I'm not a grappling expert, but is anyone here giving Mikey a chance? How big of an upset would this be?
I mean it wouldn't be too big of an upset but Kade is definitely the favorite here

I mean it wouldn't be too big of an upset but Kade is definitely the favorite here

Again, I'm not a grappling expert so genuinely curious: do you say that because Mikey is that good or because Kade is not as good as I think?

In boxing, there is a saying that a good big man beats a good little man. To my naive eyes, I think Kade looks at least as good as Mikey but is significantly bigger.

Again, I'm not a grappling expert so genuinely curious: do you say that because Mikey is that good or because Kade is not as good as I think?

In boxing, there is a saying that a good big man beats a good little man. To my naive eyes, I think Kade looks at least as good as Mikey but is significantly bigger.

Well you got a good grasp of it. Kade is definitely on Mikey's league, is bigger, and is the favorite. Mikey is also very good though so I wouldn't consider it an absolutely massive upset but it would definitely be an upset if Mikey won.

Back