Law South Carolina passes bill that adds Firing Squad as method of execution

Not sure if this is the way they still do it, but one person in the squad will have a bullet. The rest have blanks. So you don’t know if you made the kill shot. You all aim at the head and fire at the same time.

Wiki stated the heart is the usual target and in a 2010 execution in Utah only one person had a dummy round.

South Carolina could just announce that before Epstein died, he told the death penalty prisoner every thing. Barr and Trump will make sure he hangs himself at no cost to the state.

Not sure if this is the way they still do it, but one person in the squad will have a bullet. The rest have blanks. So you don’t know if you made the kill shot. You all aim at the head and fire at the same time.
I think they aim at the heart.

Why are any of these the options these days? Can't you just have a robot kill you with one of those airguns they use to kill cows?

won't it be one of those mechanized systems that just machine guns the shit out of you? will there really be people firing?

It's all fun and games till the firing squad members start getting ptsd and committing suicide... Which is why they stopped using it in the first place ..

I know they tried some extreme methods for protecting the firing squad even. They would have them shoot in a way that they couldn't actually see what they were targeted at with the guns in fixed positions and the shooters behind walls.

I think they would also load some with blanks so the shooters didn't know who actually did the lethal shot.

There should be options where the prisoner can choose. Like if someone wanted to take traditionally seppuku they should have that option. Hanging etc

Next they need to add a drive-thru option to speed up the process.

won't it be one of those mechanized systems that just machine guns the shit out of you? will there really be people firing?
breakingbadmachinegun.gif

Medical execution is the least painful however it requires skilled medical personnel. Which is a problem as most medical personnel want nothing to do with it. I can understand this.

There should be a way to set up a mechanism that could fire the weapons that only requires one person to operate.

There should be options where the prisoner can choose. Like if someone wanted to take traditionally seppuku they should have that option. Hanging etc

Seppuku requires a skilled swordsman to chop the head off a certain way.almost nobody is that skilled with a sword nowadays.

Seppuku was also an "honorable" death , which a criminal doesnt deserve

It's all fun and games till the firing squad members start getting ptsd and committing suicide... Which is why they stopped using it in the first place ..
LOL, no they didn't. This isn't why the ended firing squads.

Always telling when someone latches onto a fabricated lie to justify their opposition to something.

Insomuch as the death penalty can make sense, I don't hate the idea; but it does seem strange that we'd need more than one person to carry out the execution. Obviously there are some people who can handle the job. We should just get the same guys who currently flip the switch/whatever to carry it out. It's not like it would be that hard to rig up an apparatus that fires however many bullets at the press of a button.

Guy has a tattoo of a heart on his knees and the machine just shoots the shit out of his kneecaps. Could happen!

Back