SparBar DIY

j-boxing

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I swore mightily when I saw the price of an official SparBar.

I'm interested in making one myself. Google brings up various SparBar DIY resources, but I'm too lazy to browse through them all.

So I'm looking for experiences and recommendations from you guys.

Never heard of one until now but seems doable. I’ll look around and see what I can come up with and report back.
Has anyone here used one? What did you think?

This one looks extremely easy and cheap to make. OP if I’m you, this is what I do to decide if I even like it before I waste time and money on something more complex like mounted from the ceiling.

This one looks extremely easy and cheap to make. OP if I’m you, this is what I do to decide if I even like it before I waste time and money on something more complex like mounted from the ceiling.

Great, thank you! I should probably start looking around at resources myself now rather than lazily tasking you guys.

Great, thank you! I should probably start looking around at resources myself now rather than lazily tasking you guys.

keep us updated, I have thought of making one myself before as well. I was also thinking of using PVC and then saw the video that was shared. That looks pretty good, I like how since its in the bucket it can be easily moved.

I am proceeding with this project slowly. It's not easy for me, though, as I currently live in a country with very limited and very expensive hardware supplies.

The fundamental problem is the rotational mechanism. This may be solved by using a sturdy swivel plate. Or, in my case, a castor wheel, since there seem to be no swivel plates available in this bloody place...

I will remove the wheel from the swivel mechanism, replace it with a 60‐70cm long plank, wrap foam around that plank, then screw the swivel mechanism upside down on top of a wood post about upper chest or head height.

I could also easily attach the swivel with plank to a wall bracket, but I'm not permitted to do that at my current residence and I want to move this thing around anyway.

Awesome !!!

I would be tempted to use like a broom stick covered with a pool noodle for the bar. Wonder how it would work.

Awesome !!!

I would be tempted to use like a broom stick covered with a pool noodle for the bar. Wonder how it would work.

Pool noodle! That's a great idea. I think I'll try it. It would certainly be more forgiving than my four tea towels and duct tape.

On the other hand, I kinda like the risk of taking a hardish hit to the head... it ensures you really do stay alert.

This guy has a different version

Back