News [Spoiler inside!] TAKERU VS TENSHIN is ON!! June 2022

• Thread starter Deleted member 363827
  • Start date
wrestler-woo.gif

I wonder who will promote it? K1 or Rise? Or will it be a joint promotion sort of like a Rise vs K1 card?

58kg favors Tenshin and he would have been the favorite anyways. Beggers cant be choosers though so Im just glad its happening. P4P#1 status on the line.

Yeah, Takeru basically conceded that he is the B-side in this. 58 kg, can only rehydrate back to 62 kg. One catch one attack so Rise rule set not K1. Everything except size favours Tenshin.

Sakakibara said this will be a neutral ground but obviously this is Tenshin's turf with Sakakibara spearheading the match up.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://the-fighter.net/f/takeru-vs-tenshin-set-for-june-2022
“In the history of the Japanese fight industry, and even in the history of fighting on a global scale, has there been a fight that has been anticipated to this extent – where people have hoped, placed their own dreams [onto the two] and wished so strongly for a fight to take place? In my life [as a promoter], I have not seen such a thing"

so happy that it is going to happen

the weight is low for takeru, he didnt fight this weight since 2017, a big factor for this fight, i hope he rehidratates well and knock tenshin out, tenshin´s last fight, takeru still haves a lot of firewood to burn in K-1

Wait, is this Takeru's last fight too or just Tenshin? That's so risky for Tenshins clean record. Wants to go out on a challenge

Older Kickboxing fans didn't have Toshio Fujiwara vs Benny Urquidez, but we had Rico vs Badr and now Tenshin vs Takeru in our fan lifetime.
It just took a global pandemic event to make this dream reality.

Older Kickboxing fans didn't have Toshio Fujiwara vs Benny Urquidez, but we had Rico vs Badr and now Tenshin vs Takeru in our fan lifetime.
It just took a global pandemic event to make this dream reality.

I can't imagine what Rise, Tenshin and Takeru had to offer, or give up, to make K1 come around. I know it's not directly related but i thought something was fishy when RISE just let one of their top prospects (Kiri Matsutani) go to K1 earlier this year without a fight.

Like i said, i bet everyone involved had to break their backs to make K1 agree to this.

Back