News [Spoiler inside!] TAKERU VS TENSHIN is ON!! June 2022

• Thread starter Deleted member 363827
  • Start date
that knockdown was brutal,
tenshin had all his weight on that punch, right on the chin, as they were both throwing.
i can't believe takeru got up.

I'm not the biggest Tenshin fan either and wanted Takeru to win, but I have to give it up to him. I feel like I may have watched a different fight than some of you guys commenting here. That was Tenshin from start to finish. We all know Takeru doesn't have the greatest defense, and he was getting cleanly tagged A LOT. He started resorting to dirty tactics too, some that didn't' get called out like rubbing his elbow in Tenshin's face. I would have loved 5 rounds though. 3 rounds was just way too short for a fight of this magnitude.
I feel like there is some bias here because I thought it was a pretty sizeable win for Tenshin. I didn't think the fight was all that close. Highly entertaining to me but not a nail biter in terms of who was going to win.

Takeru had a poor answer to Tenshin's jab. While Takeru made it very entertaining especially in round 3 I am not sure if standing there taking punches and smiling should score points.

Tenshin just seems so much faster than Takeru. Even with Takeru stalking Tenshin and making it a rough fight (a good adaption after badly losing r1) in r2 and 3 it seems like Tenshin mid way into the round starts to regain distance and timely escapes the flurries before he takes anything too heavy while popping Takeru. Tenshin just always seemed "first" and Takeru can rarely get him back.

Tenshin won the fight pretty clearly. I'm surprised to read some of these posts.

Poor taiju got sent to hell by kongnapa, he has a beautiful offensive style when he gets going but his defence is a huge liability against harder punchers.

I feel like there is some bias here because I thought it was a pretty sizeable win for Tenshin. I didn't think the fight was all that close. Highly entertaining to me but not a nail biter in terms of who was going to win.

Takeru had a poor answer to Tenshin's jab. While Takeru made it very entertaining especially in round 3 I am not sure if standing there taking punches and smiling should score points.

Tenshin just seems so much faster than Takeru. Even with Takeru stalking Tenshin and making it a rough fight (a good adaption after badly losing r1) in r2 and 3 it seems like Tenshin mid way into the round starts to regain distance and timely escapes the flurries before he takes anything too heavy while popping Takeru. Tenshin just always seemed "first" and Takeru can rarely get him back.

Tenshin won the fight pretty clearly. I'm surprised to read some of these posts.

Yeah I watched it again and there is simply no way you could give Takeru either round 2 or 3, at BEST round 3 was a draw given that the judges were pretty liberal with their 10-10 scores throughout the card. If you ignore all of Tenshin's histrionics you'll see that Takeru was consistently walking into hard and clean shots without really cleanly landing any of his own.

Watched it all this morning thanks to our lord and saviour @Monte Moku.

Not gonna go through every page to see what people said but as someone who watches a shit load of Japanese kickboxing i loved it. I can't even remember my predictions but i'm pretty sure i was waaaay off. I was hoping the RISE guys would do well but i expected some of the K-1 guys to blow them out on the big stage, and that didn't happen.

Sattari, YA-MAN, Kento, Anpo, Kongnapa, Wajima and Kazane's bouts went pretty much exactly as i expected. The biggest surprises for me were Kaito's improved boxing giving Noiri fits, what a chess match that was though, and Leona Pettas having no answer for what Kan was doing.

Overall awesome event in my opinion.

I'm not sure why Noiri insisted on getting up close and staying in the booth with Kaito when he was clearly at a disadvantage at that range. Whenever he backed up and threw offense he was having more success, but he stuck to him like a magnet the whole fight and was getting caught with compact punches.

Watched it all this morning thanks to our lord and saviour @Monte Moku.

Not gonna go through every page to see what people said but as someone who watches a shit load of Japanese kickboxing i loved it. I can't even remember my predictions but i'm pretty sure i was waaaay off. I was hoping the RISE guys would do well but i expected some of the K-1 guys to blow them out on the big stage, and that didn't happen.

Sattari, YA-MAN, Kento, Anpo, Kongnapa, Wajima and Kazane's bouts went pretty much exactly as i expected. The biggest surprises for me were Kaito's improved boxing giving Noiri fits, what a chess match that was though, and Leona Pettas having no answer for what Kan was doing.

Overall awesome event in my opinion.

I'm glad you enjoyed the fights! It would have been annoying as all hell for everyone to watch the event without an international broadcast and I was happy to help out the community. I wouldn't have a fraction of the knowledge I have about Kickboxing if it wasn't for this forum :)

The large attendance, gate, and PPV revenue surely suggests that the Japanese appetite for combat sports remains alive and well. Am curious to see whether someone can capitalise on this over the next few months or year.

The large attendance, gate, and PPV revenue surely suggests that the Japanese appetite for combat sports remains alive and well. Am curious to see whether someone can capitalise on this over the next few months or year.

It also depends on how much marketing and advertising they did for this fight to fill the audience and maximize ppv sells.

Would they be able to pull the same marketing efforts for other fights and get those same numbers?

It would be interesting to see how well the UFC does when they go to Japan.

It also depends on how much marketing and advertising they did for this fight to fill the audience and maximize ppv sells.

Would they be able to pull the same marketing efforts for other fights and get those same numbers?

k-1 does well because they have big domestic stars like tekeru, tenshin

mma is not popular in japan now, there arent any big names

Probably really well if for no other reason than the fact the UFC rarely goes to Japan. Going there once in a while is going to sell out the house for a known brand like the UFC.

Man tenshin is so fast and explosive... is a shame that hes retiring from kickboxing, thats where his style would continue to shine the most, dont know if he have endurance enough to be a world champion in boxing. in the boxing lower weight classes volume speaks more, not explosion.

k-1 does well because they have big domestic stars like tekeru, tenshin

mma is not popular in japan now, there arent any big names

Part of the issue with UFC in Japan is the cage. The Japanese public prefer a ring for their combat sports.

Man tenshin is so fast and explosive... is a shame that hes retiring from kickboxing, thats where his style would continue to shine the most, dont know if he have endurance enough to be a world champion in boxing. in the boxing lower weight classes volume speaks more, not explosion.

He looked back to his old self in this fight, as i don't think he's looked his best in a few years now, maybe it was lack of motivation though.

Maybe he'll have success on the regional scene, but he's going to struggle in boxing on the world stage because like Yoshiki Takei he'll be around BW or SBW... which is Naoya Inoue, Fulton, MJ, Roman and Fig. If he decides to drop a bit of weight and go to SFLW he'd be with guys like Estrada, Choco, SSR and Bam.

I know he hasn't even debuted yet, and maybe he just wants the challenge, but if he wants success at world level he ain't gonna find it in one of the strongest divisions in boxing.

I don't think Tenshin can make Super fly. He has fought around 55 kg right? So bantamweight (118 pound/53.5 kg) would make most sense if he wants size advantage.

Maybe once Naoya Inoue moves up to Super bantamweight he could get a fight against one of the paper belt holders? That is a classic strategy on how to make a ticket selling prospect into a world champion

Maybe Tenshin can get a few wins and he gets jobbed out to Inoue in a giant cash in fight

....then come back to kickboxing with a bigger brand and hopefully more people watch kb

A guy can dream

something like that is very likely to happen IMO

make money in boxing, get crushed at some point, come back to kickboxing as a bigger name than before.

Back