SSF Shooto Glove Review

Hey I wanted to get a pair of these that I will wear wraps with. I'm not sure what size I should get...do I need to measure my hand or something? If it makes any difference I'm about 6 ft 170...

Thanks

Damn Ron.I wish you would have come out with these last year.I wouldn't have bought my Fairtex ones,since yours are lmost exact copies and are less expensive.Ioen the Fairtex shooto gloves and the Ouano Shooto gloves,love `em both,although I haven't been able to use them since Novemeber when I left for the air force.Fortunately,my mom's shipping all my gear to me in Korea=)

I'm looking for a open palm glove to do MMA training with. At practice, the striking will usually be at half strength and up to 3/4 strength if someone is preparing for a match. I want a glove that will protect my training parters well from my punches, but also be difficult for them to grab onto while defending against submissions. From what I see there are 4 glove styles that may fit my needs. I found the SSF Shooto, SSF MMA, Rglove2, and the CSITG4 on your site. I have formulated some assumptions from their appearances and short descriptions, but I want your professional opinion on them.

The MMA gloves are the best in allowing movement but you really shouldn't go too hard with them on because they don't offer much protection at all, they are comp only. The Shooto and CSITG4 are you best choices for hard training.

www.SSFgear.com

SSF said:
The MMA gloves are the best in allowing movement but you really shouldn't go too hard with them on because they don't offer much protection at all, they are comp only. The Shooto and CSITG4 are you best choices for hard training.

www.SSFgear.com

Thanks for the info, I just have two more questions.

How much does the SSF Shooto weigh?

Which of the two is harder to grab?

The weight depends on the size you get but they arg about 8oz.

The SSF/Ouano/Fairtex Shootos and the SCITG4 are very close in profile and about the same when it comes to grabbing.

www.SSFgear.com

Just to let you guys know these gloves are awesome. I use them a lot. When sparring, grappling, and hitting the heavy bag. Never have they hurt my knuckles and my wrists and knuckles have never been sore(incase your wondering, i always wear wraps, and the gloves fit perfect). I got them around mid-march, something like that. They are excellent gloves. Ron did they go p in price? I thought they were cheaper when I got them. I believe the day they came out or a day after.

MW-I'm glad to hear that the gloves are working out well for you. I like to release gear for the first few days for a few $ less.

The shorts run true to size. If your a 34 then you should order a 34. The black and the whites should be avail in the next couple of days.

www.SSFgear.com

The new batch of large and xl shooto gloves come with red piping.
SSFShootoRed.JPG

www.SSFgear.com

Ron are you going use my reverse idea with the white glove and black piping?

That red piping looks awesome. Some white ones with black piping would look good, I'd definitely buy em'. For some reason, I think white gloves look really good.

By the way, is there a difference between Boxing gloves and Muay Thai gloves? I might as well ask here instead of starting a thread.

MW yes, there is a difference. The hand postion is different and there is more padding around the wrist and less across the knuckles. Look at the review of the SSF Thai gloves and I think some people talk about the differences between boxing and thai gloves. There is also a picture of the new limited white thai gloves.

www.SSFgear.com

Here is a review from Fighters Only mag in their July 2006 issue. This was our earlier model before we made the elastic wider.
FOSSFreviewJuly06.jpg

www.SSFgear.com

Back