Television ANDOR (Dragonlord's Recommendation: One of the Best TV Shows of 2022, post #439)

Lol. I'm taking this show as it comes and really liking it so far but I'm willing to call a spade a spade. So far this is a big improvement over BOBF (other than the Mandalorian episodes) and Obi Wan Kenobi (other than Ewan's scenes with Vader).

But this does seem like a blatant oversight and I wonder if the real story doesn't come out later. It's like the "plastic baby" scene in American Sniper. Maybe the night before they filmed that scene, the production manager was like "Oh shit, the prop blaster rifles we ordered won't be here until Friday. Call Benny Blanco from the Bronx and have him drop off whatever he has in inventory to props tomorrow morning. It's either that or the rebels are carrying slingshots and thighbone clubs from the butcher shop down the street."
yeah, as i said, i will continue to watch, it does seem more mature than boba fett the series.

Please quote yourself... a bit of "constructive conversation" you might have offered in the name of "discussion" too... if that's available.

<bball1>

The ONLY posts I've ever seen from you are BAD Star Wars takes, and insulting those that don't agree with you in Star Wars discussions.

I can relate to the sentiment, but it doesn't quite fit here. The Rebellion leaders in Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, et al. seem ideologically about open borders and reduced military spending and are opposed by the Empire on these points.

Metallica- "You can do it your own way, if it's done just how I say"

When they keep doing shit like that, for 20 years, it becomes a point where it's wide spread enough to gather support, and its easily triggered. I'm pretty sure we're saying the same things, but this show is just the breaking point issues being shown, where-as the main problem has been ongoing.

But mostly they are against oppression by a central government so I guess your redneck analogy makes sense there.
Don't get hung up on the word "redneck" or country/city people etc... though. I'm just saying that with enough oppression, people will rise up against it.

Nobody signed up for 20 years of dictatorship or an empire. That alone is grounds for the Senate to rise up against him, but then disempowering the Senate ads to it & all the things he's done in 20 years ads to it.

Even his control could've been less resisted, if it were not for all Sid's alternative agendas that didn't have any of the local's needs at heart, & all the questionable things he did during his rool.

Off the top of my head, the movie that was most clearly about big medicine was Elysium. That was an advertisement for Obamacare.
Great movie, but not the point I was making.

Don't get hung up on the lingo. Sid's a disease that is infecting free societies. The rebels are the big medicine the locals need to gain back their freedom. That's all I'm saying there.

V for Vendetta - "benieth this mask is an idea... & ideaz are bulletproof."

The ONLY posts I've ever seen from you are BAD Star Wars takes, and insulting those that don't agree with you in Star Wars discussions.
<bball1>
You're making my point right now. I literally just posted a well thought out response about the political nature of the Star Wars universe, only to look at my next notification which is you standing here with your dick in your hand.

Maybe the night before they filmed that scene, the production manager was like, "Oh shit, the prop blaster rifles we ordered won't be here until Friday. Call Benny Blanco from the Bronx and have him drop off whatever he has to props tomorrow morning."

Lol

"Send it back o_O"

You're making my point right now. I literally just posted a well thought out response about the political nature of the Star Wars universe, only to look at my next notification which is you standing here with your dick in your hand.

You like picturing me with my dick in my hand.

<Dany07>

@Ares Black admitted I trigger him and you like picturing me masturbating.

I keep winning in this thread in so many ways I never expected.

I keep winning in this thread in so many ways I never expected.
Congrats on your victory
fireworks.gif

You only got bored because your wife didn't like it & you're a slave to following treads... I'd love to hear your unbiased response outside of exterior influences if that even exists.

You're outing yourself by saying you didn't like Rogue One. Teh fook? o_O
episode 1 was good and had me excited, episode 2 and 3 were BoBF level bad, episode 4 brought it back

Rogue One was boring and stupid yet miles better than the sequel trilogy, not sure what that says about either of them.

Metallica- "You can do it your own way, if it's done just how I say"

When they keep doing shit like that, for 20 years, it becomes a point where it's wide spread enough to gather support, and its easily triggered. I'm pretty sure we're saying the same things, but this show is just the breaking point issues being shown, where-as the main problem has been ongoing.

Don't get hung up on the word "redneck" or country/city people etc... though. I'm just saying that with enough oppression, people will rise up against it.

Nobody signed up for 20 years of dictatorship or an empire. That alone is grounds for the Senate to rise up against him, but then disempowering the Senate ads to it & all the things he's done in 20 years ads to it.

Even his control could've been less resisted, if it were not for all Sid's alternative agendas that didn't have any of the local's needs at heart, & all the questionable things he did during his rool.

Great movie, but not the point I was making.

Don't get hung up on the lingo. Sid's a disease that is infecting free societies. The rebels are the big medicine the locals need to gain back their freedom. That's all I'm saying there.

V for Vendetta - "benieth this mask is an idea... & ideaz are bulletproof."

Can't really argue with any of this. Sid is definitely a dick and he's bad for the galaxy. But one thing they showed in episodes 1-3 that I'm hoping for more of, is some of the folks working for Sid down the chain of command not being all bad. Karn for instance was an idealist. He's a tool and kind of like Javert from Les Miserables, but generally well-meaning.

E4 went with the stereotype of every Imperial officer being a narcissistic douchebag, but shades of gray is a good thing. Andor is also a dick and we don't yet know why he hates the Empire (and others) so much. I hope they show us more Preox-Morlana and corporate people thinking they're the "good guys."

Last edited:
Ain't gonna lie, was hoping for a big payoff in today's episode but didn't get it. More build and should have been combined with last week's episode as "calm before the storm." But as before, all scenes excellently written and acted. I really hope shit goes down next episode because this is starting to feel like Better Call Saul where they spend an entire season building to a big scheme, and then it's just two assholes jumping through hoops to embarrass another dude on a phone call.

But from what we know so far, shit should be getting real very soon. Looks like Karn is indeed going the Javert route. LMAO at his mom serving him a bowl of Trix cereal with swirls.

Lol

"Send it back o_O"

Who? Fuck 'em. Maybe I don't remember the last time I blew my nose either.

LOL

Last edited:
Eh, slugthrowers exist in the SW universe....and AKs are pretty much everywhere...I'll allow it.

I'm OK with it too. I just want to know if they at least TRIED to send it back when Benny Blanco from the Bronx sent it over with his compliments. Or were they like, "Nah, it's OK. It's Benny Blanco. He spends a lot of money here."

Last edited:
Seems like they are really stretching out this heist story like they don't have any other story to tell.

Rogue One was boring and stupid
Wow, what a difference. Rogue One for me was almost a religious experience, and I immediately went home from the theater to re-watch A New Hope... (for the multi-dozenth time) & it seemed like a brand new experience after watching all the build up & sacrifice that happened to get us to that point. It breathed new life into our beloved age old story from my past home far far away... a long time ago.

I literally shed tears while our hero'z died. That's amazing cinema imo. I loved it all.

one thing they showed in episodes 1-3 that I'm hoping for more of, is some of the folks working for Sid down the chain of command not being all bad. Karn for instance was an idealist. He's a tool and kind of like Javert from Les Miserables, but generally well-meaning.

E4 went with the stereotype of every Imperial officer being a narcissistic douchebag, but shades of gray is a good thing. Andor is also a dick and we don't yet know why he hates the Empire (and others) so much. I hope they show us more Preox-Morlana and corporate people thinking they're the "good guys."
I've alwayz loved that about Star Wars. We got people who want to work, but they say "wait a minute... this ain't right." At the same time otherz are full on agents of teh system. Programed to destroy at command. I've seen this play out irl too... scary shit.

Back