Star Wars Megathread

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the Star Wars Mega Thread. Thanks to the hit show The Mandalorian, fans are getting excited again by the Star Wars universe. Here are some of Lucasfilm’s upcoming Star Wars movie and television projects:

ROGUE SQUADRON
The next Star Wars feature film will be Rogue Squadron — directed by Patty Jenkins (Wonder Woman franchise). The story will introduce a new generation of starfighter pilots as they earn their wings and risk their lives in a boundary-pushing, high-speed thrill-ride, and move the saga into the future era of the galaxy.
BJq16zP.jpg

THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT
The Book of Boba Fett will be set within the timeline of The Mandalorian and star Temuera Morrison as the titular bounty hunter, along with Ming-Na Wen as Fennec Shand. Robert Rodriguez joins Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni as executive producer. The new series is currently in production and will arrive December 2021, only on Disney+.
book-of-boba-fett-logo-tall-169.jpg

OBI-WAN KENOBI
Ewan McGregor returns in the iconic role of Jedi Master in Disney+’s Obi-Wan Kenobi special event series. It’s confirmed that Hayden Christensen will be returning as Darth Vader.
obi-wan-kenobi-series-logo.jpg

AHSOKA
After making her long awaited live-action debut in The Mandalorian, Ahsoka Tano’s story, written by Dave Filoni, will continue in a limited series starring Rosario Dawson and executive produced by Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau.
ahsoka-logo.jpg

RANGERS OF THE NEW REPUBLIC
Set within the timeline of The Mandalorian, this new live-action series from executive producers Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni will intersect with future stories and culminate into a climactic story event.
rangers-of-the-new-republic-logo.jpg

ANDOR
Andor, a tense nail-biting spy thriller created by Tony Gilroy, is set to arrive on Disney+ in 2022. Diego Luna, reprising the role of rebel spy Cassian Andor from Rogue One, will be joined by a fantastic new cast that includes Stellan Skarsgard, Adria Arjona, Fiona Shaw, Denise Gough, Kyle Soller, and Genevieve O’Reilly as Mon Mothma.
andor-logo.jpg

STAR WARS: THE BAD BATCH
The series follows the elite and experimental clones of the Bad Batch (first introduced in The Clone Wars) as they find their way in a rapidly changing galaxy in the immediate aftermath of the Clone War. Members of Bad Batch — a unique squad of clones who vary genetically from their brothers in the Clone Army — each possess a singular exceptional skill which makes them extraordinarily effective soldiers and a formidable crew. In the post-Clone War era, they will take on daring mercenary missions as they struggle to stay afloat and find new purpose. The animated series will arrive exclusively on Disney+.
the-bad-batch-logo.jpg

STAR WARS: VISIONS
Presenting all-new, creative takes on the galaxy far, far away, Star Wars: Visions will be a series of animated short films celebrating Star Wars through the lens of the world’s best anime creators. The anthology collection will bring 10 fantastic visions from several of the leading Japanese anime studios, offering a fresh and diverse cultural perspective to Star Wars.
star-wars-visions-logo.jpg

A DROID STORY
As Lucasfilm continues to develop new stories, the intersection of animation and visual effects offers new opportunities to explore. Lucasfilm Animation will be teaming up with Lucasfilm’s visual effects team, Industrial Light & Magic, to develop a special Star Wars adventure for Disney+, A Droid Story. This epic journey will introduce us to a new hero, guided by legendary duo R2-D2 and C-3PO.

LANDO
Everyone’s favorite scoundrel Lando Calrissian will return in a brand-new event series for Disney+. Justin Simien, creator of the critically-acclaimed Dear White People and a huge Star Wars fan, is developing the story.

THE ACOLYTE
Leslye Headland, Emmy Award-nominated creator of the mind-bending series Russian Doll, brings a new Star Wars series to Disney+ with The Acolyte. The Acolyte is a mystery-thriller that will take the audience into a galaxy of shadowy secrets and emerging dark side powers in the final days of the High Republic era.

UNTITLED TAIKA WAITI FILM
A brand-new Star Wars feature with acclaimed filmmaker and Academy Award-winner Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok) is in development.

First!

I'm actually pretty hyped for Rouge Squadron. Would love to see some great space battles that are the main plot points as opposed to background.
I just wish we were getting Rogue Squadron immediately post Endor battle given all the cool shit they could do there from liberating Coruscant and with the recent revelation that Thrawn is an actual thing in Star Wars now we could have the Rogues, an updated version of the Wraiths and shit going after Thrawn and Zsinj and Isard.

I just wish we were getting Rogue Squadron immediately post Endor battle given all the cool shit they could do there from liberating Coruscant and with the recent revelation that Thrawn is an actual thing in Star Wars now we could have the Rogues, an updated version of the Wraiths and shit going after Thrawn and Zsinj and Isard.
After flopping WW84, I’m cool on Patty Jenkins currently.

I said it before, but they need to slow burn Thrawn as the big bad like MCU did Thanos. After the Rogues beat Isard or Zsinj, then you reveal they were working for Thrawn...
"And their defeat, while regrettable, merely set in motions events leading to the the ultimate goal...."

I said it before, but they need to slow burn Thrawn as the big bad like MCU did Thanos. After the Rogues beat Isard or Zsinj, then you reveal they were working for Thrawn...
But this feelsl ike they're putting this Rogue movie around the time of the First Order which means... Thrawn and Zsinj and them would all be dead or imprisoned by then.

I just want that moment from the Rogue books where they dress up Wedge in all black and shove him in a TIE Interceptor with a stuffed Ewok toy in front of him cause they told Zsinj one of their pilots was an Ewok and then they fuck with his comlink to make him sound like an Ewok that can speak Basic.

That shit is great.

For shits and giggles, I’ve rewatched the sequel trilogy a few times just to see if it would grow on me. It hasn’t. TLJ and TROS are complete and utter trash.
Weren't you the one who was a proponent of story-by-internet-vote? Didn't we talk about that?

Well, it's happening.

I keep forgetting and then remembering how both Amazon and now Disney will be doing more and more filmmaking this way, Netflix too maybe. With Amazon and Disney and their retail outlets, they have a direct monetary gauge to how popular certain properties are. Any bestselling item on Amazon will be knocked off by Amazon, thus creating competition within its own platform while monopolizing the lowest costs. Equally, the best-selling books, etc., will be turned into Amazon Prime IP, in response to market fluctuations.

Ennio-Morricone.jpg

I hated TLJ so much I didn't even bother watching the last one until like a week ago, and I couldn't make it to the end.

RJ had hep C and now anyone that touches anything he's been a part of will get it too.
I remember watching it, but that's about it. I shut it out of my mind completely.
The way you guys feel about TLJ is similar to how I felt about the Prequels; I could barely make it to ROTS. In the intervening time I rewatched them all, several times, and while the CGI was astounding they ultimately were so lifeless to me. I was gravely disappointed but my heart was always still with it; there's nothing that could take away the core magic for me, because of the endless hours playing with the toys. My regard for flicks changed too.

By TFA, which I swore would be great and was proven wrong, STAR WARS had divided into two elements: the pure "Ideaverse" side where anything bad was simply put on pause until someone inevitably turned a "mistake" into a good story (a la "plot hole addressed by ROGUE ONE") and the reality of flawed films that necessitated this transformation from cinema, to self-aware meta-filmmaking, to story-by-demand. This is the way (of Disney).

It's a little weird. Upon rewatching the Prequels I started to think they were okay, but the CGI and storytelling of the Sequels appealed far better to my older self -- that when I used Disney+ to marathon the entire saga, I could no longer endure the Prequels. The closest thing I can think is when people used to complain about the Soap Opera effect when HD televisions were just getting started.

Last edited:
The Mandalorian saved Star Wars. Well it at least reminded people it was a franchise force long before the MCU.

His back must hurt from carrying the franchise after Abrams and Johnson's visions clashed to make trash. I blame Johnson more though.

The way you guys feel about TLJ is similar to how I felt about the Prequels; I could barely make it to ROTS. In the intervening time I rewatched them all, several times, and while the CGI was astounding they ultimately were so lifeless to me. I was gravely disappointed but my heart was always still with it; there's nothing that could take away the core magic for me, because of the endless hours playing with the toys. My regard for flicks changed too.

By TFA, which I swore would be great and was proven wrong, STAR WARS had divided into two elements: the pure "Ideaverse" side where anything bad was simply put on pause until someone inevitably turned a "mistake" into a good story (a la "plot hole addressed by ROGUE ONE") and the reality of flawed films that necessitated this transformation from cinema, to self-aware meta-filmmaking, to story-by-demand. This is the way (of Disney).

It's a little weird. Upon rewatching the Prequels I started to think they were okay, but the CGI and storytelling of the Sequels appealed far better to my older self -- that when I used Disney+ to marathon the entire saga, I could no longer endure the Prequels. The closest thing I can think is when people used to complain about the Soap Opera effect when HD televisions were just getting started.
the only thing done consistently well in the prequels was Ewans take on Obi Won.

Palpatine was good in episode 1 and 2 but then there was complete over acting on Ian's part in the 3rd.

otherwise it suffers from the same issues the sequels suffers from, stunningly created visuals, but only one or two decent characters and thats it.

the only thing done consistently well in the prequels was Ewans take on Obi Won.

Palpatine was good in episode 1 and 2 but then there was complete over acting on Ian's part in the 3rd.

otherwise it suffers from the same issues the sequels suffers from, stunningly created visuals, but only one or two decent characters and thats it.
I remember liking the color red.

I think Luke will always be the heart of STAR WARS, but I have to admit Obi-Wan might be the pinnacle of what it means to be a Jedi Knight, and is the best at allowing the Force to move through him. It's quite admirable.

But this feelsl ike they're putting this Rogue movie around the time of the First Order which means... Thrawn and Zsinj and them would all be dead or imprisoned by then.

I just want that moment from the Rogue books where they dress up Wedge in all black and shove him in a TIE Interceptor with a stuffed Ewok toy in front of him cause they told Zsinj one of their pilots was an Ewok and then they fuck with his comlink to make him sound like an Ewok that can speak Basic.

That's Wraith Squadron though.

I completely agree
One of the best Kenobi moments was that heartbreaking allegory of attachment in THE CLONE WARS, on Mandalore. What an epic arc. It broke my heart.

What I love is that it deepened the mythos by clarifying what attachment is, versus love and relationships. It contextualized it in fair melodrama that worked within the parameters of a CGI cartoon. And it was built up over time, especially considering THE CLONE WARS were designed out of chronological order. Taken out of order, TCW depicted a TOTAL greater than the sum of its parts, and now all the Disney+ shows are seeking to recreate that level of texture and fabric. But, there was a clear throughline of Kenobi's romance even though it has not yet been fully fleshed out. I wonder if KENOBI'll flashback to Satine days. I hope so. What about that girl from PEAKY BLINDERS?

SCE-Test-Logo-Transparent.jpg

First!

I'm actually pretty hyped for Rouge Squadron. Would love to see some great space battles that are the main plot points as opposed to background.
I am too, but my hype is now somewhat muted to the poor direction of WW1984. Not that it was all Jenkins fault, but some of it was. We’ll see. I’m still optimistic.
I’m less excited for Acolyte after I read about KKs involvement.
@Myrddin Wild get in here.

Last edited:
Back