Stipe vs prime Cain Velasquez & Bigfoot

Oh I see, so Cain is kind of like Mike Tyson now? Where his fans refute all of his bad performances and losses and only allow his best performances to be his 'prime'.

Doesn't work like that. The fight against Kongo was only a few months before he washed Rothwell and Nogueira, he wasn't prime then either? It was only a year and 3 months before Cain won the title!

No, the Kongo fight showed Cain's massive holes in his game. He was lucky to win that because Kongo has zero wrestling. He wouldn't be so lucky against Stipe, Stipe would finish him once he hurt him because Cain's not wrestlefucking him while fresh, let alone when he has jello legs. Here's some more angles:

969q9x.gif

tumblr_moks1wFju91ry1rm7o1_250.gif

ShimmeringCriminalBigmouthbass-size_restricted.gif

Cain was very hittable in his magical prime. He relied on surviving with his wrestling. Bad combo against Stipe's KO-counters and advanced TDD.

Cain's standup was very flawed. The point of posting that gif wasn't to compare Werdum's running to Cain's standup, I'm just showing you how dangerous Stipe is. The guy was stepping backwards and produced a vicious KO with one arm punch against an iron chinned fighter.

And you mentioned something about Kongo being a fast starter. Well Stipe has 10 first round knockouts on his resume. He also went the distance at a high pace many times. Stipe is a problem for Cain in every facet of the game except submissions.

Knowing all of this, how in the blue hell can anyone really believe Cain totally wins this matchup? Or atleast not see what a stylistic problem Stipe is for Cain?
Dude, this is so long. I'm not bothering to read. They're both great fighters.

Dude, this is so long. I'm not bothering to read. They're both great fighters.

Hardly, I even added shiny little gifs so that your simple brain can comprehend my point better. You should try to read it as you might learn a thing or two, like that it's a myth that "prime Cain destroys anyone with his stamina and aggression".

Hardly, I even added shiny little gifs so that your simple brain can comprehend my point better. You should try to read it as you might learn a thing or two, like that it's a myth that "prime Cain destroys anyone with his stamina and aggression".
If you can't make your point concise, it's your brain that is inefficient. Leave the insults in the community college where you barely graduated from.

If you can't make your point concise

I did. What you're basicely asking is, can I dumb down my points so that even you of all people on this planet can understand?

The answer is I already did. And you still can't comprehend it. You debate about as good as Cain blocks incoming counter punches with his face.

Leave the insults in the community college where you barely graduated from.

College is mostly a lot of reading. So even my post was too much for you to handle so I guess community college which you seem to look down on, is still a notch above your pea brain level.

Go sit down and read. Try kids books, then slowly work your way up to sherdog threads. Step by step baby you can do it.

I did. What you're basicely asking is, can I dumb down my points so that even you of all people on this planet can understand?

The answer is I already did. And you still can't comprehend it. You debate about as good as Cain blocks incoming counter punches with his face.

College is mostly a lot of reading. So even my post was too much for you to handle so I guess community college which you seem to look down on, is still a notch above your pea brain level.

Go sit down and read. Try kids books, then slowly work your way up to sherdog threads. Step by step baby you can do it.
No, you're just rambling along the same things, just writing more thinking that'll make you win an argument that only you are having. I already said Stipe is one of the best, if not the best HW. But in my opinion prime Cain might beat him. You can agree, you can disagree.

And I'm not looking down on community college necessarily. Just looking down on you because your idea of having a discussion or argument is to throw out insults like a little child when someone doesn't agree with you.

No, you're just rambling along the same things, just writing more thinking that'll make you win an argument that only you are having. I already said Stipe is one of the best, if not the best HW. But in my opinion prime Cain might beat him. You can agree, you can disagree.

I schooled you on the details of this matchup. You had no retort because you lack the knowledge to discuss this. I've broken down both of their styles, gave examples of their past fights and elaborated on all of my claims.

You've said absolutely nothing and copped out quickly with political answers. "Oh they're both great". Tell me why Cain beats Stipe or STFU already. I didn't start insulting you untill you deserved it, crybaby. Why are you still in this thread? Either find the balls to discuss this topic or go dry your tears elsewhere.

I schooled you on the details of this matchup. You had no retort because you lack the knowledge to discuss this. I've broken down both of their styles, gave examples of their past fights and elaborated on all of my claims.

You've said absolutely nothing and copped out quickly with political answers. "Oh they're both great". Tell me why Cain beats Stipe or STFU already. I didn't start insulting you untill you deserved it, crybaby. Why are you still in this thread? Either find the balls to discuss this topic or go dry your tears elsewhere.
My balls are so big, you and your puny arguments would be crushed by the sheer weight of them.

Cain beats Stipe with his pressure and chain wrestling. Similar to how DC pushed Stipe. The first 3 rounds of their second fight is the exact blueprint Cain would use. Only Cain is bigger and stronger than DC (in his prime) and has by far the best cardio of any HW I've ever seen in MMA. That's how I think Cain has a shot at beating Stipe.

Again, you can agree or disagree. This is how I see it. It's a hypothetical match, which we're never going to see, so we won't know unfortunately how the fight will go.

Cain beats Stipe with his pressure and chain wrestling.

Stipe has already faced a fighter like that. He won those fights except for the one where his eye got poked out.

Cain has never faced anyone like Stipe. In fact he has faced a very limited level of competition. The limited competition he did face exposed quite a few of his flaws.

Similar to how DC pushed Stipe.
The first 3 rounds of their second fight is the exact blueprint Cain would use. Only Cain is bigger and stronger than DC (in his prime) and has by far the best cardio of any HW I've ever seen in MMA. That's how I think Cain has a shot at beating Stipe.

DC's pressure was intelligent clinch boxing with occasional TD threats and he had good upper body movement avoiding strikes. He was a better fighter than Cain.

Cain was nowhere near that polished. He left his chin wide open and was open to counters and he did not have DC's wrestling. DC is an olympian with more strength, technique and athleticsm.

Cain's cardio was great but overstated, he could keep up that pace when JDS was in survival mode but when he was taken to deep waters while taking damage against Werdum that cardio was nowhere to be found(lets hear the excuses now).

It's overstated, how many times did he prove it in 5 rounds? Stipe and DC have very proven cardio even at advanced ages. They went the long distance many times.

You were foolish enough to make the DC comparison. DC is better technically everywhere and as far as attributes, he's faster, stronger, has more power, better chin and more proven endurance. Stipe beating DC twice does not make Cain's case look good. Cardio is not enough to close to gap.

Problem for Cain against Stipe are two things: Stipe can fight on the backfoot while still having one punch KO-power:
GenerousGreatAstrangiacoral-size_restricted.gif

And second, Stipe is very good at timing counters. So Cain can storm at Stipe all he wants, he is only risking himself getting KO'd, like this(no sea level excuses here)
tumblr_moks1wFju91ry1rm7o1_250.gif

He doesn't have the chin to afford getting hit like that against Stipe who is one of the best HW finishers of all time. And Cain is not taking Stipe down with his jello legs to survive like he did against Kongo.

So Cain can try to spam takedowns. Good luck with that, not even olympian DC could hold Stipe down for long and inflict damage and most of his TD's got blocked. I guess that's more than 2 problems lol, Cain would have many problems in this fight.

Stipe is truly a bad style mismatch against Cain.
Great points! Stipe is very underrated definitely should be the favourite against Cain due to his slick boxing and TDD

Back