Cormier
Top 5 fighters defeated (4):
Hunt
Overeem
JDS
Ngnannou
Top 10 fighters defeated (1):
Arlovski

Fedor has fought more elite competition than Stipe has. That's just a statement of fact.
You have already been informed that you are using incorrect rankings, you left top ten ranked fighters off of stipe’s list. You’re just intentionally lying at this point. stipe has fought more top five competition than fedor, on top of the fact that the names in the 6-10 on fedor’s list are laughable compared to Stipe’s.

Stipe has fought and beat better competition, that’s just what it is, if you ask me. There’s no fact involved there. A fact is that stipe annihilated a FAR better version of the same fighter that beat fedor in his prime. A fact is that a middleweight knocked fedor dead.

He would also beat fedor head to head prime for prime, but hey, that’s just another opinion

Ok now I’m back to not posting until my yellow card is gone, mods here are clowns

You have already been informed that you are using incorrect rankings, you left top ten ranked fighters off of stipe’s list. You’re just intentionally lying at this point. stipe has fought more top five competition than fedor, on top of the fact that the names in the 6-10 on fedor’s list are laughable compared to Stipe’s.

Stipe has fought and beat better competition, that’s just what it is, if you ask me. There’s no fact involved there. A fact is that stipe annihilated a FAR better version of the same fighter that beat fedor in his prime. A fact is that a middleweight knocked fedor dead.

He would also beat fedor head to head prime for prime, but hey, that’s just another opinion

Ok now I’m back to not posting until my yellow card is gone, mods here are clowns
Preach

Did u start this topic /thread? I'm, respectfully, asking. I dont think you did( unless u started and mods combo-ed out).
Oh- wait - I started another response and quickly expunged it ( I'm talking within a minute or less so if that was u - u got to it offly quick ). As far as everything else is concerned- it's just been one big build up , that has just got me going. Normally not my style but lately some immature responses on my end and on an immediate level ( again- not my style unless someone starts first)so I genuinely apologize for whatever retort I began but that part wasn't meant for you.

The mental acuity has been overwhelmingly disappointing around certain topics ( to the point where I dont know if its bait or what ).
Man I think I somehow messed up I went to my posting box and your post was copied in it. Not sure how. I was confused and wondered what I did to you to get that. I offer my apologies and I appreciate you addressing it like a gentleman.

Man I think I somehow messed up I went to my posting box and your post was copied in it. Not sure how. I was confused and wondered what I did to you to get that. I offer my apologies and I appreciate you addressing it like a gentleman.
It was my bad - know how it happened.
All good.

31-0 isn't bad after ten years is it? Miocic is an awesome fighter as well. Why are you so hostile lol?

Nobody can touch Ngannou and Stipe beat him so bad he was a zombie against Lewis. You forgot to mention that in the list.. If you thought that was a snooze fest you don’t know what you’re watching. That’s not an insult, just the truth. Fedor doesn’t take one of those bombs from Ngannou. Every other win you mentioned was at least world top 5 HW. Im guessing MMA VS Pro wrestler is more impressive for some people. EVeryone’s different.

Stipe manhandled this dude
View attachment 773297
Typical Fedor opponent
View attachment 773296
Wow. He beat a guy with big muscles! What is this WWE? Fedor beat guys who are much scarier looking, and that means next to nothing.

Apparently you can’t read because I mentioned the snooze fest he won against Francis and said it was clearly a good win. Francis is a scary guy, but he has done nothing so far, aside from knock out some guys who are very prone to being knocked out. He has shown that he has zero game plan outside of a quick finish. That’s coming from someone who hopes he becomes as great as his potential.

Fedor beat guys in the peaks of their career that would run through the current hw division like a hot knife through butter.

And as you yourself pointed out, Derrick Lewis made him look very very touchable. So don’t say no one can touch him. We dont know anything about him yet.

Last edited:

You post all opinion and no fact and then just state “that’s what it is.” All of this discussion is opinion. We get that you like Stipe. You need to respect the fact that people who lived the pride era believe, with very good reason, that Stipe wouldn’t have even made it to the final round in one of those Grand Prix events. Stipe’s resume is not that impressive according to actual facts and numbers. Those show that he fought guys who were well in to their decline, over the hill, or coming off of many losses by finish.

Furthermore, Fedor was not at his peak in Strikeforce. And Werdum was not a better version of himself when he fought Stipe. He was almost 40. That’s pure made up nonsense.

Stipe is a great fighter. I won’t say he’s not. But some of the hype that you guys try to give him is delusional.

Agreed. He's carved out a place for himself in the history of the division but the idea that he's the GOAT is crazy.
Totally agree. Absolutely a great upper echelon fighter. Not even close to the GOAT. I don’t think he would last more than 2 rounds with Grand Prix Crop or Nog. What Fedor would do to him would look like it should he illegal.

Wow. He beat a guy with big muscles! What is this WWE? Fedor beat guys who are much scarier looking, and that means next to nothing.

Apparently you can’t read because I mentioned the snooze fest he won against Francis and said it was clearly a good win. Francis is a scary guy, but he has done nothing so far, aside from knock out some guys who are very prone to being knocked out. He has shown that he has zero game plan outside of a quick finish. That’s coming from someone who hopes he becomes as great as his potential.

Fedor beat guys in the peaks of their career that would run through the current hw division like a hot knife through butter.
Ok you win. I honestly don’t have the patience to walk you through it, especially when your strategy Involves insults instead of logic. I’m happy to have a civil debate, but I don’t see that given your response. Stay safe out there my friend.

Ok you win. I honestly don’t have the patience to walk you through it, especially when your strategy Involves insults instead of logic. I’m happy to have a civil debate, but I don’t see that given your response. Stay safe out there my friend.
I wasn’t trying to insult you at all. There are a lot of trolls around here and it seemed like you didn’t read my mention of Francis. Apologies on that. Not even looking for a civil debate. I get tired of these opinion threads that speak in absolute. I respect your opinion and I can understand why people see him as being a great champion. I cannot be moved from my opinion that he has greatly benefited from an old and weak division. That’s just how I feel having watched the hw division since pride.

Really meant no disrespect brother.

I wasn’t trying to insult you at all. There are a lot of trolls around here and it seemed like you didn’t read my mention of Francis. Apologies on that. Not even looking for a civil debate. I get tired of these opinion threads that speak in absolute. I respect your opinion and I can understand why people see him as being a great champion. I cannot be moved from my opinion that he has greatly benefited from an old and weak division. That’s just how I feel having watched the hw division since pride.

Really meant no disrespect brother.
None taken. Your response is appreciated. Keep you and yours safe during this crazy shit. In the next inevitable Fedor or Stipe thread, I’ll meet ya in the middle.

Totally agree. Absolutely a great upper echelon fighter. Not even close to the GOAT. I don’t think he would last more than 2 rounds with Grand Prix Crop or Nog. What Fedor would do to him would look like it should he illegal.
For sure, HW and to a lesser extent LHW are the divisions that haven't really progressed, if anything they've regressed from glory days.

Still Stipe is an interesting athlete. Basically with some boxing and wrestling and experience and I guess the general fitness from being a full time firefighter he was a threat in the HW division given how shallow it was. He had a well rounded skill set and was able to take out some tough legends in the latter half of their careers. DC and Ngannou are great wins to be fair.

None taken. Your response is appreciated. Keep you and yours safe during this crazy shit. In the next inevitable Fedor or Stipe thread, I’ll meet ya in the middle.
Fair enough, my friend. Stay safe as well. We know there will always be another Fedor stipe thread.

You completely misunderstood the point and called ME dumb. I commend Stipe for being a firefighter and medic. Have a good one smart guy

Yeah, sure I did... your point was not even that clear, there was irony and double meaning, innuendo and even a little bit of an insinuation... and you meant it not literally too!

People lose. Stipe avenged this.
Bader hit him with 2knuckles and sent Fedor to dreamland. He didn’t avenge this. View attachment 773277Y

Love how the whole "people lose" thing only applies to those being compared to Fedor. Also love how you chose a example from about a decade past Fedor's prime.

When we talk about whether Chuck was EVER any good, let's use that last Tito fight as our metric, and pretend the rest was just like that.

That's some really weak sauce you're ladling there.

And I didn't even use the real blemish for Stipe, losing to Stefan Struve. Never avenged that one, and Struve is/was nothing, if not medicore.

And, when talking about Fedor's greatness or not, he didn't. Prime Fedor went about a decade without losing any fights.

So, if "people lose" is true, then Fedor being in the best MMA promotion for the heavyweights and not losing for a decade would make him super-human, in his prime.

The argument I keep hearing is that Stipe's wins are "past prime" or that Fedor won as the "smaller man"

But Fedor was heavier than most of his best wins, he outweighed Cro Cop and Nog by over 10lbs

Arlovski was on the best winning streak (6) of his career when Stipe KO'd him, Fedor also beat Coleman way past his prime
On Sherdog, a 6'1 165 pound guy is bigger than a 5'8" 240 pound guy cuz he's taller.

Yeah, sure I did... your point was not even that clear, there was irony and double meaning, innuendo and even a little bit of an insinuation... and you meant it not literally too!
You’re seriously overthinking what was a simple post. I wasn’t talking in code or anything.

DC is a better HW than Stipe is so even if Stipe is better than Fedor Stipe can not be GOAT

Love how the whole "people lose" thing only applies to those being compared to Fedor. Also love how you chose a example from about a decade past Fedor's prime.

When we talk about whether Chuck was EVER any good, let's use that last Tito fight as our metric, and pretend the rest was just like that.

That's some really weak sauce you're ladling there.

And I didn't even use the real blemish for Stipe, losing to Stefan Struve. Never avenged that one, and Struve is/was nothing, if not medicore.

And, when talking about Fedor's greatness or not, he didn't. Prime Fedor went about a decade without losing any fights.

So, if "people lose" is true, then Fedor being in the best MMA promotion for the heavyweights and not losing for a decade would make him super-human, in his prime.
You’re acting like nobody gets called out for losing unless Fedor is involved. It almost sounds like you’re protecting Fedor like he’s a victim that just isn’t getting a fair shot. The fact is Fedor is highly regarded as a GOAT if not THE GOAT and as such will come under scrutiny. Nobody is above reproach or should be. People do that with Silva and Jones and GSP and Fedor’s not immune to that. It’s an honor if that makes sense. As to the Bader pic, I could have used Werdum instead but then the excuse Is that he was past his prime instead of just accepting Werdum was the better fighter that night and Fedor fell into an obvious trap. I won’t put any words in your mouth on that loss but the ‘past his prime’ that does get used just dismisses the notion that a prime Fedor could be beat. It’s equivalent to a child coverIng their ears and screaming because they don’t like what they’re hearing. I hold Fedor in the highest regard but a portion of his fans are unbearable and TBH saying anything that doesn’t fit the notion he’s Superman and watching them spiral out of control is amusing. To be clear, I’m not putting you in that or any group. So, using Werdum when Fedor had recently beaten Sylvia, Arlovski and Rogers (as opposed to using Bader) should thicken up that sauce you deemed so weak. So short story long, calling Fedor out on this forum I either get to watch a tantrum or get to debate level-headed folks such as yourself with valid points and solid logic, both of which I enjoy.

Back