Stonk Market Chat v5: We miss you @JonesBones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny you say that.
I watched PLUG, plunge. Went through and said any stock up 20% that does not pay dividends is getting sold. I sold OGEN which is a small bio pharma company. I got CKPT at +18% from the beginning of the year, but they are in the last stage of clinical testing and from the information I got it looks good, so might hold on to that one.

i picked up a tiny position (i'm still a little skeptical of its price after such a run-up) and bought another leap on the dip. funny enough, i have more confidence in the calls on this one. but that's mostly due to my impatience with holding shares. i know this is generally backwards for most.

oh, and i sold calls that expire tomorrow. lolz.

Funny you say that.
I watched PLUG, plunge. Went through and said any stock up 20% that does not pay dividends is getting sold. I sold OGEN which is a small bio pharma company. I got CKPT at +18% from the beginning of the year, but they are in the last stage of clinical testing and from the information I got it looks good, so might hold on to that one.
Just make sure you read up on dilution/new stock issuance to raise money by any pharma cos.
Often will release good info then dilute their shares and tank the stock

Just make sure you read up on dilution/new stock issuance to raise money by any pharma cos.

seems to be their mo for 'up&coming' biotech/pharma companies. ie: srne and their ~5 sec filings/week. i need to get off their mailing list...

seems to be their mo for 'up&coming' biotech/pharma companies. ie: srne and their ~5 sec filings/week. i need to get off their mailing list...
SRNE is not even up and coming, they're just weird AF and pretty shady.
I knew that buyout rumour was fake.

Most of them I get into, are below like 5 bucks a share and looking to get in and out. Some of the volumes on those lower value ones are insane.
Also some of the message boards I got to for particular stocks, its like reading something written by a time share salesman. You have to triple check the info.

Most of them I get into, are below like 5 bucks a share and looking to get in and out. Some of the volumes on those lower value ones are insane.
Also some of the message boards I got to for particular stocks, its like reading something written by a time share salesman. You have to triple check the info.

...please tell me you don't use stocktwits.

i was debating making a move on FSLR (earnings now) but then i didn't. helpful post, i know.

edit: since this post is already dumb, might as well double down on the idiocy

golly, if only i made as much as the market

b4FThlv.jpg

Image is not available.

Btw, track record for options sellers often looks good for the first X years. Then in the last year (month, day or even hour ) it's like -95%.

Image is not available.

Btw, track record for options sellers often looks good for the first X years. Then in the last year (month, day or even hour ) it's like -95%.

yeah, i pulled it after ~ 1 hour. figured you saw it since you were quoted.

lolz @ the above.

...please tell me you don't use stocktwits.
I don't know what that is. Believe or not Yahoo has a message board for all of the stocks. Sometimes you can get so good info on there.
I have a stock CRPX that is involved in a drug patent claim with another company. I almost sold it for what I bought it for, but went on Yahoo and there was someone posting some good info about the FDA and orphan drugs and patent claims. Other company did not have a leg to stand on, but FDA still had to review it. I am in at 4.11 and currently at 5.20. I got some good info on that message board from someone posting. She had a chick name but its the internet so who knows if a chick, but anyhow all the links she posted were legit and convinced to not sell at break even.

I use STocks tracker App and then anything I am interested in, I research from various sites. I don't pay for anything for any sites, and Stock Tracker is free if you keep the Ads on.

I went big in TBLT a couple weeks ago at .144 a share. Evaluation is at .50 cents. Hoping it gets to its two year high eventually to $3+ per share.

What's the bet to make if you wanna bet on the coronavirus becoming a major economic disruptor?

And over what time frame?

Asking for an autistic friend.

What's the bet to make if you wanna bet on the coronavirus becoming a major economic disruptor?

And over what time frame?

Asking for an autistic friend.

short selling or buying puts, basically. or just buy sqqq, sdow, spxu, spxs, tvix, etc.

short selling or buying puts, basically. or just buy sqqq, sdow, spxu, spxs, tvix, etc.

I'll be more specific; I'm leaning towards buying ITM puts, but I'm not sure about timing and sector vulnerability.

There is potential for a big time lag, and certain sectors are going to be hit harder than others, so I'm not sure where to go.

might be better just to buy an inverse leveraged ETF, as you point out, but timing matters there too...

I'll be more specific; I'm leaning towards buying ITM puts, but I'm not sure about timing and sector vulnerability.

There is potential for a big time lag, and certain sectors are going to be hit harder than others, so I'm not sure where to go.

might be better just to buy an inverse leveraged ETF, as you point out, but timing matters there too...

come on, man. literally no one knows this (timing). you'd have to make your guess/hedge it.

come on, man. literally no one knows this (timing). you'd have to make your guess/hedge it.

Yeah, but if I ask strangers for advice online, I can blame them when things go wrong.

Personal responsibility is hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back