Economy stonks v19, ffs. nasdaq is murdered

lol shorted some SI at $99 off some weird AH bounce. Ran away with 1%....it crashes another 6% without me seconds later -_-

Time to short MEME stocks or fucking what? I like living on the edge.

lmao I should havebeen short Wish this whole time.

Memes killing it. Something weird going on again. AMC, GME, NAKD, KOSS all mooning. Are we going to see another explosion in these again lmao it’s looking possible..

They weren't kidding when they said "diamond hands" were they?

One thing I don't understand is why is ROST trading at 500 times earnings?

They weren't kidding when they said "diamond hands" were they?

One thing I don't understand is why is ROST trading at 500 times earnings?
I was actually pondering a ROST short soon.

shorted some CPRT near ATH on an AH pop and yet again made like 1% and missed 6% by 60 seconds -_-

I was actually pondering a ROST short soon.

shorted some CPRT near ATH on an AH pop and yet again made like 1% and missed 6% by 60 seconds -_-

Please do, they are way overvalued. I'm guessing they are banking on being able to bounce back after the pandemic and go up to $5-7 earnings per share, but that is still BS. I look at a stock like BIG and can't quite figure why it has a P/E of around 4 with the earnings they had last year. Meanwhile ROST is over 500?! Retard market all day long.

My long-time friend Union Pacific raised their dividend 10.3% after a little Covid hiatus in the raises. For a while they were doing it twice annually. I first bought shares 7/23/10 at $36.64. I'm sitting on a 514% gain with the original shares, 18.28% annualized, not counting the dividends, most of which I reinvested in UNP along the way. Yield on cost is now 11.68% on the original shares.

Main reason I bought it was because Buffett bought Burlington Northern Santa Fe, which made me take a closer look at the railroads. UNP was my favorite. It's an oligopoly along with BNSF, with about as safe of a moat as you'll find.

People that think Buffett has lost his magic touch in recent years I think underestimate how good of an investment BNSF was. Initially it was thought BNSF, because railroads have such high capital expenditures, would be a place for Berkshire to deploy capital at a moderately attractive rate of return. Put a dent in Berkshire's massive cash pile. But BNSF is able to fund their capex and deliver massive and growing dividends to Berkshire each year. About $5 billion - sometimes more - in recent years. Off of what was, in total, about $44 billion they spent for the railroad when they purchased it.

If these levels don’t hold low 60’s will be it’s next stop. Going to wait to load more.
I don’t have “a lot” into it but I’m down a couple hundred. Cost avg is in the low 80s. Didn’t expect that to crash out given the earnings and increase in market share from Nvidia.

speaking of rails: CNI was somehow slightly up premarket on their upped KSU bid which is instant short opportunity. Made a few % thx boiz

lolz, cramer just said that tsmc's chips are "easy to make" and that "anyone can make those chips."

<JagsKiddingMe>

meanwhile, only 1 company in the world makes the tools necessary for said chips (asml) and 90+% of their orders are to tsmc/samsung (and they're booked up for years)

lol yet again I balk on buying cathie's 666 share grool at $99 when I have a shot.

Ok cleared a little on GNOG. Need 7 more days like this on tech...

Considering moving some funds around in my TSP as well as my wife to a less aggressive portfolio since Quad 4 is looming. As for yesterday I picked up MOGO at 6.50. Almost picked up some RIOT and MARA, but the risk/reward is hard to predict on those. Of course they are both up big from yesterday's lows since BTC started to recover.

Back