Straight-leg low kick

Hatake88

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hey guys

Got kicked in the leg today and it hurt like a m'fer. The leg was entirely straight upon contact with my thigh and the supporting leg had barely rotated (if at all).

My question is, how does that technique work? I want to learn it as it seems very efficient and painful...

Brace yourselves, the whiners will be in coming.

Look up chasse bas, from savate, that's where you learn how to use it and how to defend against it

Brace yourselves, the whiners will be in coming.

Look up chasse bas, from savate, that's where you learn how to use it and how to defend against it
thanks! will look it up. why are the whiners coming?

the person who kicked me was Thai...

EDIT: I just had a look at chasse bas. Thanks for the technique video but that's not what I meant. The kick I'm referring to literally looks like a normal leg kick (in that the shin connects) but the leg is kept straight.

thanks! will look it up. why are the whiners coming?

the person who kicked me was Thai...

EDIT: I just had a look at chasse bas. Thanks for the technique video but that's not what I meant. The kick I'm referring to literally looks like a normal leg kick (in that the shin connects) but the leg is kept straight.

Oh normally you get the same crowd of people moaning about Chasse Bas because they can't be bothered to defend it and then make up excuses for how the defence wouldn't work - even though it's defended all the time. Its flat earth levels of denial.

So for the technique you were hit with, I think you just need to check it, but it's hard to say because i don't know exactly what it is you're describing.

was it like this?

Apidej Sit Hirun threw leg kicks like this, if I'm interpreting this correctly. He was undoubtedly an incredibly hard kicker. You really need strong hips to execute it properly.

So for the technique you were hit with, I think you just need to check it, but it's hard to say because i don't know exactly what it is you're describing.

was it like this?

No it isn't. Liam kind of jumps into the kick - his support foot rotates and he kind of leaps into it (even if its a smaller leap).

The one that my instructor does - the leg doesn't pivot and the trajectory of the kick is more up. The shin isn't turned fully over.

No it isn't. Liam kind of jumps into the kick - his support foot rotates and he kind of leaps into it (even if its a smaller leap).

The one that my instructor does - the leg doesn't pivot and the trajectory of the kick is more up. The shin isn't turned fully over.
Do you mean something like this? Look at the 1:20 mark

Or something like this?

Maybe something like this?It took me a while to find but I saw this video a while back. It’s way different than I’ve ever learned how to throw a round kick. Even if it isn’t what you mean, I think Slyvie is just interesting to listen to.

Back