STREET FIGHTER V-v6:CE - 2020 Summer Update. Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira and ??? Join the cast.

More the tweet than his handle. He posted that 6 days ago. ITT he hints that mores coming, but who knows.

I was going by his hint of a one arm fighter. If there's more then hopefully, for the SFV fans, nothing else gets leaked.

I was going by his hint of a one arm fighter. If there's more than hopefully, for the SFV fans, nothing else gets leaked.

Ahh haha got ya. I’d love to see something awesome outside of him and the new 3. Different mechanics would be something to give the game more life. Even an Omega mode would be a fun add. TBH, the game has gotten somewhat stale for me as of late. So I’m hoping this EVO brings me back.

The more I’m reading into this the more I think this isn’t a bait and switch. Ono is obviously so upset that he’s skipping EVO and if he doesn’t and it’s a trick and he shows up on stage at the finals then I think that’s a terrible move from Capcom. I remember they did the whole ‘G’ puzzle thing last year which was really cool but if they’re planning on using Ono’s sadness to trick people I think it’s the wrong move.

From the SF circles I belong to, most people aren’t very thrilled about this reveal. E. Honda was a given but Lucia and Poison over the Twins, Fei Long, C. Viper, Dudley etc all have most people disappointed. And of course, the question is, will 3 characters suffice to keep people interested in the game outside of new mechanics and balance changes? The general consensus is a solid No. This doesn’t bode well for Capcom’s FG division.

The more I’m reading into this the more I think this isn’t a bait and switch. Ono is obviously so upset that he’s skipping EVO and if he doesn’t and it’s a trick and he shows up on stage at the finals then I think that’s a terrible move from Capcom. I remember they did the whole ‘G’ puzzle thing last year which was really cool but if they’re planning on using Ono’s sadness to trick people I think it’s the wrong move.

From the SF circles I belong to, most people aren’t very thrilled about this reveal. E. Honda was a given but Lucia and Poison over the Twins, Fei Long, C. Viper, Dudley etc all have most people disappointed. And of course, the question is, will 3 characters suffice to keep people interested in the game outside of new mechanics and balance changes? The general consensus is a solid No. This doesn’t bode well for Capcom’s FG division.

I haven't kept up with SFV since that Evil Ryu/Kage reveal which made me close the tab halfway through the video because I thought Kage might have been someone else.

If this is all they've been doing since that reveal, then that's a shame. However, the game has like what 35 characters now? That's not a bad number at all. Even 20 is a good number (imo) if they're all different and viable. You're right though. IF fans are getting tired of or don't like the gameplay, mechanics, etc, then 50 characters still won't do it.

I thought people wanted Poison? Honda should be in there yes, but Lucia is a odd choice. I didn't care for her in the past and still not impressed with her after watching the trailer. Damnd would have been better.

Last edited:
I haven't kept up with SFV since that Evil Ryu/Kage reveal which made me close the tab halfway through the video because I thought Kage might have been someone else.

If this is all they've been doing since that reveal, then that's a shame. However, the game has like what 35 characters now? That's not a bad number at all. Even 20 is a good number (imo) if they're all different and viable. You're right though. IF fans are getting tired of or don't like the gameplay, mechanics, etc, then 50 characters still won't do it.

I thought people wanted Poison? Honda should be in there yes, but Lucia is a odd choice. I didn't care for her in the past and still not impressed with her after watching the trailer. Damnd would have been better.

I would say more people were hoping for Rose rather than Poison. I don’t really recall seeing anyone request her but I saw Rose all the time. But yea, nothing to spice up the gameplay is kind of wack. The 3 new characters will offer people some lab time playing with and against her, but then 1-2 months down the line the game goes back to being the same. Fingers crossed we get new / updated V-Mechanics.

I'm interested in Lucia depending on what her AAs are like. I'm down to just start pressing buttons in people's faces again ala Cammy (I'm guessing that's sorta how she plays).

You give Crapcom too much credit

Oro might be the character I want most in this game. Hope he actually gets announced.

Saw Lucia, was mildly interested, I really like the way she combos. It's fun, but its still new. Her neutral like everyone else in this game is fucking boring.

Oh, and this bitches corner carry is ridiculous. I like it.

Last edited:
Messing around with her and kind of like the way she works. All her dps have air invulnerability on frame 1, her light dp seems like it'll cover cross ups really well, her hk dp has really good horizontal range. They work sort of like Cammy's except I'm guessing they have even better hit boxes.

They are slow though so they make for great anti-airs but not punishes. lk dp is 7 frames of startup. I'm not sure what to do with her fireballs yet outside of vt1 corner combos.

She has a pretty easy counter hit combo off standing jab too. lp>mp>cr. mk>ender.

The most interesting thing I noticed is that a lot of her combo enders leave the opponent standing. She does have a good meterless knock down off hk tatsu, but you can only cancel into it from crouching hp or st. hp, and st. hp is too slow to combo. The reason that's interesting is that crouching hp is -6 on block, so if you don't confirm off the first hit you'll eat a pretty big punish; on the other hand, you can just use mp>cr. mp instead, but cr. mp can't cancel into hk tatsu so you won't get the good knockdown.

Her wake up pressure is pretty easy too. Off hk tatsu you can just time a dash and then two medium punches (+3 on block). Her super does really low damage but it also can be cancelled into from v-skill, and it's the single easiest super cancel of any character that I've tried in this game. V-skill is -8 on block btw, so if you block it go nuts.

So you can also mp>cr. mp>command run>vskill and cancel into super. That actually does pretty good damage and maybe gives a good knock down (I need to study for an exam so I don't have time to go back and check).

I think you’re pretty spot on with the Lucia write up @Swing. I tend to watch Vesper’s streams when new characters drop because he has a knack of picking them up fairly quickly. He was using a lot of run- cr.mks into run-stops. He would also bait his opponent with a run-stop OB and a run-stop pull back. Meaning, he would run up to them and stop the run right at their feet. I’m not sure if you can whiff punish using this but he seemed to be successful at mixing up the full on stop with the shoulder finish. I think the cr.hp xx run-stop is -3 OB so that’s not too bad. I played a Grand Master Guile in a battle lounge (same dude that apparently KOd me from EVO) and I could not find a way around his booms. My guess is df.lk might get you through them, but I’d have to lab it. Her qcf lk xx df.lk is a decent way to keep the block stun going and get in peoples face.

I think you’re pretty spot on with the Lucia write up @Swing. I tend to watch Vesper’s streams when new characters drop because he has a knack of picking them up fairly quickly. He was using a lot of run- cr.mks into run-stops. He would also bait his opponent with a run-stop OB and a run-stop pull back. Meaning, he would run up to them and stop the run right at their feet. I’m not sure if you can whiff punish using this but he seemed to be successful at mixing up the full on stop with the shoulder finish. I think the cr.hp xx run-stop is -3 OB so that’s not too bad. I played a Grand Master Guile in a battle lounge (same dude that apparently KOd me from EVO) and I could not find a way around his booms. My guess is df.lk might get you through them, but I’d have to lab it. Her qcf lk xx df.lk is a decent way to keep the block stun going and get in peoples face.
I've been prepping for finals so I haven't been able to play again, but I wanted to try hk dping through people's fireballs. Frame data says it should work, I think, but her hk. dp does have 13 frames of startup which is almost double Cammy's startup on ex-spiral arrow. And obviously if you whiff she's gonna die.

I've been prepping for finals so I haven't been able to play again, but I wanted to try hk dping through people's fireballs. Frame data says it should work, I think, but her hk. dp does have 13 frames of startup which is almost double Cammy's startup on ex-spiral arrow. And obviously if you whiff she's gonna die.

That seems really risky. He DP trajectory is very odd so you’d really have to get a good feel for it.

Found in the latest patch. New defensive mechanic incoming?

If so, obviously they would reduce the 36 frames lol.

Messing around with her and kind of like the way she works. All her dps have air invulnerability on frame 1, her light dp seems like it'll cover cross ups really well, her hk dp has really good horizontal range. They work sort of like Cammy's except I'm guessing they have even better hit boxes.

They are slow though so they make for great anti-airs but not punishes. lk dp is 7 frames of startup. I'm not sure what to do with her fireballs yet outside of vt1 corner combos.

She has a pretty easy counter hit combo off standing jab too. lp>mp>cr. mk>ender.

The most interesting thing I noticed is that a lot of her combo enders leave the opponent standing. She does have a good meterless knock down off hk tatsu, but you can only cancel into it from crouching hp or st. hp, and st. hp is too slow to combo. The reason that's interesting is that crouching hp is -6 on block, so if you don't confirm off the first hit you'll eat a pretty big punish; on the other hand, you can just use mp>cr. mp instead, but cr. mp can't cancel into hk tatsu so you won't get the good knockdown.

Her wake up pressure is pretty easy too. Off hk tatsu you can just time a dash and then two medium punches (+3 on block). Her super does really low damage but it also can be cancelled into from v-skill, and it's the single easiest super cancel of any character that I've tried in this game. V-skill is -8 on block btw, so if you block it go nuts.

the confirm window on st.mp is insane, if you can't convert that to a cr.hp youre shit. The big issue is how short her cr.hp is. That seems to be a legitimate problem. The other thing too, is you can run stop finish into combos or go for a throw. You don't need huge damage, because he corner carry is insane.

Back