Streets of Rage 4 - April 30th 2020

Check out this combo video. Looks like Max can turn his opponents around. He couldn't do this before.

Max needs to STFU, but other than that the characters look great.

They're releasing a physical anniversary edition that includes the DLC:

Last edited:
I made a drunken splurge on this last night... Baffled how I missed it between FF7 & TLOU2 last year.

Loving the DLC. The new characters are great (especially Shiva). Survival is fun as hell with the various powerups.

Also, to anyone that loved to play as Roo in Streets of Rage 3, you can rejoice because a simple code on the main menu will unlock him.
Hold up + punch while hovering over Story on the main menu and then select Story. Roo will be playable now.

The series turns 30 today. Yuzo Koshiro, the game’s composer and voice of Axel revealed today we’ve had his special attack wrong for 30 years. Everyone thought it was “Grand Upper!” In reality it’s “Ground Upper!” from him scraping his fist along the ground.

Watch til the end, he gives us a live sample of Axel’s voice. Super cool.

Played through it once last winter with two buddy's. Was like old times! Except we played on a 180" hd projector and cranked the system to 11! Would do again...

My one friend obnoxiously spammed Axels "power" move and screamed a similar noise every time... The entire game... ... ...

Played through it once last winter with two buddy's. Was like old times! Except we played on a 180" hd projector and cranked the system to 11! Would do again...

My one friend obnoxiously spammed Axels "power" move and screamed a similar noise every time... The entire game... ... ...
Should've karate chopped him in the throat.

From someone that's played the game and the DLC, is it worth the price to play the single-player?

On PSN its $25 not counting the DLC and I usually don't like paying over $20 for games.

From someone that's played the game and the DLC, is it worth the price to play the single-player?

On PSN its $25 not counting the DLC and I usually don't like paying over $20 for games.
I pretty much solely play single player. Co op is just a bonus. Then again I'm a HUGE fan of the genre so I'm a bit biased. The combo system and fluidity of the gameplay is definitely enough to keep you playing and trying out different moves in each section for the perfect run. You can easily play it casually or invest into being a pro that full combos entire stages on the hardest difficulty.

I know the game goes on sale on steam frequently (or at least anytime they have a major sale) but not sure about consoles.

I pretty much solely play single player. Co op is just a bonus. Then again I'm a HUGE fan of the genre so I'm a bit biased. The combo system and fluidity of the gameplay is definitely enough to keep you playing and trying out different moves in each section for the perfect run. You can easily play it casually or invest into being a pro that full combos entire stages on the hardest difficulty.

I know the game goes on sale on steam frequently (or at least anytime they have a major sale) but not sure about consoles.
Good to hear.

I just bought Divinity Original Sin 2 and Bloodstained. This will hopefully be on sale in the near future on PSN after I'm done with them.

I say it's worth it. You can enjoy at a casual level or try to master the characters and levels. The game has a combo system that makes it more than a mindless beat'em up. I've only played it single player and had a ton of fun. It's a high quality game at a bargain price.

SoR4 and its DLC are a combined $25 on the Playstation sale right now. Thinking of picking it up.

SoR4 and its DLC are a combined $25 on the Playstation sale right now. Thinking of picking it up.

If you like side scroller beat ‘em up games then 100% worth it. The DLC with survival mode adds tons of replayability (new moves to play for) and it’s just fun.

It could arguably be cheaper ($20) for the casuals but this is one of the most polished and IMO the very best of its genre.

Back