Streets of Rage 4 - April 30th 2020

690e30d0-2962-0133-09b5-0e76e5725d9d.gif

Definitely think the original line up should regroup. Adam and his yellow vest have been sorely missed.

I can't wait.
Played the shit out of the other 3 and Remake.

Would like a new Golden Axe too while we're at it.

I don’t like this art style

Also where’s MAX the toughest guy ever

Axel looks homeless with a beer gut. Times have been rough for him, apparently.

I like the backgrounds but I'm not a fan of the style they chose for the characters. They look so separate from bg with the thick black outlines.. but if it plays well I'm in. I love Streets of Rage.

Man this is awesome loved streets of rage.

StreetsOfRage4_0001.jpeg

StreetsOfRage4_0003.jpeg

StreetsOfRage4_0005.jpeg

StreetsOfRage4_0006.jpeg

https://www.polygon.com/2018/8/27/17786352/streets-of-rage-4-dotemu-sega

It looks like Comix Zone. Hopefully Yuzo Koshiro is doing the soundtrack though the trailer sounds nothing like it. Even the SOR Remake music was great, imo.

I hope it's even half as good as Double Double Neon because if so, it will be amazing. Other than Castle Crashers and Scott Pilgrim vs the World, Neon is the best beat em up released in that last the 10 years. Everything about it is great. But they took a huge risk in overhauling everything that was Double Dragon. They could have played it safe like DD IV. I hope these devs also take a risk and fully bring the series to the modern era.

Here's some demo footage. The players weren't good, but you can see some super moves. The Axel player didn't do his "Grand Uppa" special. No running or rolling either.

Looks good. Crazy thing is though even with essentially unlimited resources for the music it seems like the soundtrack won't be on the level of the first 2 and the major appeal of this series is the music.

Don't worry. The outrage will be heard soon enough.

y3FqCSa.png
I find it amazing that in all the fights and flashy moves at least one of those things never pops out.

That’s just not realistic , they should change that, for the sake of realism you know?

Back