Economy Studen Loan Forgiveness by EO, Biden say nope.

I don’t think the majority of people voted for Biden because they wanted student debt forgiveness tbh. He was just the safe option to get away from the moron killing our credibility worldwide without really changing anything. Otherwise Bernie would have won.

This is very true.

Biden will be just as bad for America's 'credibility.'

Hi, it must be nice to be so young...

Anyway, for those of us who are adults, we remember what Obamacare was supposed to be. We also remember him caving on the bill, the shitty insurance, and every other disappointment his presidency delivered.
When I grew up I remember friends' parents dying because they had pre existing conditions and couldn't get insurance after getting laid off. My neighbor's mom had cancer and her husband got laid off, so she committed suicide. Obamacare wasn't perfect but at least it made it illegal to discriminate against people with pre-existing conditions. So that was a very good thing.

When I grew up I remember friends' parents dying because they had pre existing conditions and couldn't get insurance after getting laid off. My neighbor's mom had cancer and her husband got laid off, so she committed suicide. Obamacare wasn't perfect but at least it made it illegal to discriminate against people with pre-existing conditions. So that was a very good thing.

By making the working class pay for it.

Thanks Obama...

I'm far from a leftist, but looking into an overhaul of the student loan system in the US seems to be in order. There's something wrong if a billionaire can declare bankruptcy several times after taking calculated risks with a known way out, but dumbass decisions in your late teens can saddle you with dept for a lifetime.

True enough, but if they would reign in education costs then people wouldn't be paying 200k for a degree in gender studies.

True enough, but if they would reign in education costs then people wouldn't be paying 200k for a degree in gender studies.
Guaranteed, government backed loans will create an environment where unscrupulous people will charge outrageous prices for shitty products. What the market will bear is a flawed indicator in this case. So, yeah, agreed.

By making the working class pay for it.

Thanks Obama...

Better than the republican plan of nothing, or trying to remove it last year.

Well he had a meeting with some of the people he “works for” and they told him his position. That’s it. Do you think it’s something else? The guy is lower side iq, has only worked in politics the last 50 years, and it’s recently proven all he does is sell influence.

We tried to fkn tell you the “America first” guy wasn’t that bad, but you morons think cnn is reporting news. I watched today for 20 minutes. They are not reporting news.

trump supporters jumping to unsupported conclusions again using alternative facts as the basis.

biden will have to lose his mind and shit his pants daily to even compete with the incompetence of trump numbnuts.

Student Load Forgiveness? We mean having the working class pay for the upper class's education? What a fucked concept.

I grinded my way through UCSD working at a Safeway, a Law Firm, and even Janitorial Work while I watched the rich kids and kids getting loans party party party. Now, I still partied, but I had to pick my spots. I can't believe we would reward those people.

Now the Public Education College system has become a total rip off. The prices they are charging with zero risk is insane. If the schools want to refund those kids that don't make it and assume some of the risk, then I would think it was far more fair.... and a solution for fixing the scam college's have created.

I don’t think the majority of people voted for Biden because they wanted student debt forgiveness tbh. He was just the safe option to get away from the moron killing our credibility worldwide without really changing anything. Otherwise Bernie would have won.

This is very true.
"worldwide" what??? Ever travel to...... ANY other countries in the past 4 years? From 2017 - 2019 I ran into nothing but people happy to talk good about Trump. S. Korea, Germany, Philippines, Vietnam, India, and Thailand. And the only country I entered with some Trump haters was the US.

edit: OH and when I was in Brazil last month MANY Brazilians expressed to me how sad they were about Trump not getting elected.

Because assets can be repossessed, your degree cannot.

The solution is to fix what allows universities to charge that much. It is not to say "cool, charge whatever you want and we'll just have the taxpayers pick up the tab".
Man... This is asserting that EVERY college student actually came out of college with a degree. Which is usually not the case. Isn't it like a 55% drop out rate? (it was at least 60% here in Indiana a few years ago)

And even then, there are so many worthless degrees out there that amount to nothing. It only resulted in a steady pay check for the college professors.

I'm curious, when kids are signing up for these loans, where are the parents to tell them whether or not it's a good idea based on their projected major? Also, don't they have to get cosigners that are often parents? I'd think if that's the case they'd come in and pump the brakes. I got loans for the first 1/2 of my university years but for the life of me can't remember if I had a co-signer or not....
Parents are trying to accomplish two things. 1. Get the kids out of the house. 2. Be able to brag to friends and family about how their kid/s are "going to college".

Man... This is asserting that EVERY college student actually came out of college with a degree. Which is usually not the case. Isn't it like a 55% drop out rate? (it was at least 60% here in Indiana a few years ago)

And even then, there are so many worthless degrees out there that amount to nothing. It only resulted in a steady pay check for the college professors.
No, it's not. They just can't very well say "we all know that degree is worthless, so you're off the hook". They're playing along because the university claims art history or gender studies are valid majors and worth the money/effort. Maybe they should start only giving loans to certain majors that actually have a good roi and aren't going to declare bankruptcy anyway, and let the slacker grievance and protest studies majors pay up front for theirs. Just nebulous "full time tuition" seems a bit silly with such massively varying ROI.

On a side note, I want Biden to use "Biden say nope" whenever he declines something in the future.

Because assets can be repossessed, your degree cannot.

The solution is to fix what allows universities to charge that much. It is not to say "cool, charge whatever you want and we'll just have the taxpayers pick up the tab".

Well... they could pass a law stating that allowing student loans as part of a bankruptcy but if you include them in a bk, the degree you took them out for would be revoked (also revoking any degrees above that one).

<Fedor23>

A big part of the DOD's recruiting pull is the GI Bill.

The MIC doesn't want student debt waived away.
Speaking of the GI Bill, I know it's impossible to quantify, but I can't help wondering how many kids we've buried over the years who wouldn't have joined the military but for the enticement of the GI Bill.

Last edited:
I'm far from a leftist, but looking into an overhaul of the student loan system in the US seems to be in order. There's something wrong if a billionaire can declare bankruptcy several times after taking calculated risks with a known way out, but dumbass decisions in your late teens can saddle you with dept for a lifetime.

That's a pretty bad comparison. You're comparing people getting a loan and agreeing to the terms of repayment to people who use existing law to re-structure and do things favorable to their finances and company health.

A better comparison might be anyone with a car or home loan.

Back