SUMO - 2022 Aki Basho (Sept. 11th - 25th)

200IQ move by Isegahama heya to have Terunofuji pull out knowing Nishikifuji could win the yusho.

Aoiyama, you good?

Tamawashi yusho still on the cards boys!

Absolutely loved the chess match between Ura and Tobizaru, glad they both went flying at the end.

Wakatakacouldactuallystillgettheyushoifothersflopandhekeepswinningkage just walks through Hoshoryu like he wasn't even there.

Your next Yokozuna Shodai gets his 2nd win of the basho over Wakamotoharu... I'm fully of the belief Shodai does just enough to stay at Ozeki but doesn't wanna beyond or risk injury so he just doesn't perform. As Ter from Sumostew said this morning Shodai wants those Ozeki stacks!

200IQ move by Isegahama heya to have Terunofuji pull out knowing Nishikifuji could win the yusho.

Aoiyama, you good?

Absolutely loved the chess match between Ura and Tobizaru, glad they both went flying at the end.

Wakatakacouldactuallystillgettheyushoifothersflopandhekeepswinningkage just walks through Hoshoryu like he wasn't even there.

Your next Yokozuna Shodai gets his 2nd win of the basho over Wakamotoharu... I'm fully of the belief Shodai does just enough to stay at Ozeki but doesn't wanna beyond or risk injury so he just doesn't perform. As Ter from Sumostew said this morning Shodai wants those Ozeki stacks!

Shodai could go for Yokozuna and just stop worrying about rank.
Win then just Bob Sapp your way to retirement

Shodai could go for Yokozuna and just stop worrying about rank.
Win then just Bob Sapp your way to retirement

But if he did and he wanted to relax 2 out of every 3 bashos the JSA might say "Do better or retire", and Shodai likes that Ozeki money. At Ozeki he's in a safe place where he can take a huge L and then come back next basho and get 10 easy wins like nothing happened.

There should be something to stop this loophole whether Shodai is doing it intentionally or not.

But if he did and he wanted to relax 2 out of every 3 bashos the JSA might say "Do better or retire", and Shodai likes that Ozeki money. At Ozeki he's in a safe place where he can take a huge L and then come back next basho and get 10 easy wins like nothing happened.

There should be something to stop this loophole whether Shodai is doing it intentionally or not.

Just ignore them like every recent Yokozuna.

Terunofuji probably would've been expected to retire as an Ozeki who fell so far in rankings due to injury.
Rules are for losers like Aoiyama not winners like Shodai.

It's wild as shit watching Hokuseiho, this man has zero tachi-ai he just stands up. This man got blown out by fucking Kagayaki and obviously Kagayaki is more experienced but also he's a turtle pushing a lawnmower.

gotta love Ura vs. Tobizaru being such a unique match between two unique wrestlers. loved the game of chess they were playing, and glad to see Tobizaru having such a great tournament.

Aoiyama, you good?

Shodai is definitely sandbagging or he has confidence issues... One or the other cuz hes so dam different all the time

So many people are so mad at Takakeisho.
Don't know why, some times you just gotta move swiftly the way no one thought he could and get that W

Ban that shit if you're gonna cry about it or get over it

The matchmakers saw an opportunity to make a familiar looking match in Makushita today and they made sure they took it... today we are graced with Hokaho vs Asonoyama. Sure it's not Hakuho vs Asanoyama, but who if you squint who can tell?

Hakuho gave a nice little backstage speech to Tamawashi, roughly translated as "Just win", and sure enough Tamawashi won. I liked Nishikifuji's attempt to grab the leg when he was an inch from the floor though.

Glad to see Wakamotoharu get to 8 wins, onwards and upwards!

Hoshoryu with another nice throw today, needs to get these throws going earlier and more often. Gotta love Hoshoryu's resting how-dare-you-try-to-beat-me face.

Wakatakahenkage pulls the UNO reverse card on Takakeisho and hits him with the henka. I understand that some people don't like henkas, but if you're gonna barrel in like a truck it's your own fault for landing face first.

looked like Kotoeko almost had it with that leg grab against Hiradoumi. i feel like a torinaoshi might not have been unwarranted, and it kind of sucks for my boy Kotoeko to get his makekoshi off of that. but great stuff from Hiradoumi for sure.

Tamawashi with a great sprawl.

and Wakatakakage with the hit and shift to give Takakeisho a taste of his own medicine was hilarious.

@Stormtrooper85 I know you mentioned it earlier in the basho, but jesus christ Hokuseiho has the worst tachiai in all of sumo. Dude just stands up and tries to grab the muwashi while his opponent is already pushing him out. Hakuho needs to give him a slap.

Atamifuji gets his 8th win on day 14, let's go!!

Holy smokes, Tamawashi was having none of Tobizaru's shenanigans today.

Nishikifuji had Takakeisho in all sorts of trouble but couldn't finish the job. Looks very promising though.

Tommy Mawashi wins the yusho if he gets by the always inconsistent Takayasu.
Takayasu can take his first yusho if he beats Tommy Mawashi and then does it again in the playoffs.

@Stormtrooper85 I know you mentioned it earlier in the basho, but jesus christ Hokuseiho has the worst tachiai in all of sumo. Dude just stands up and tries to grab the muwashi while his opponent is already pushing him out. Hakuho needs to give him a slap.

Atamifuji gets his 8th win on day 14, let's go!!

I don't understand how he's out of Miyagino and he does that shit.

Maybe his plan is to have a worse Tachiai than Enho?

I don't understand how he's out of Miyagino and he does that shit.

Maybe his plan is to have a worse Tachiai than Enho?

Maybe he got henka'd in highschool and it traumatised him, "can't henka me now bitches".

Back