Black SUPERMAN Movie (New Details and the Search for a Director)

3t63g.gif

I wonder what kind of metaphors they will use.

Last edited:
LOL.

Aiming at not watching it.

Until you give me a white black panther!

Ya I know. A WHITE. BLACK panther.

Why not just do Icon? Black character created by black authors as part of a black-owned company to better express the black experience. If representation is the objective he's a better choice than some random incarnation of Superman that lasted for an issue or two. But Superman has the name recognition and that matters far more than something like honoring the legacy of Dwayne McDuffie...
Because they want to reach new demos with an existing IP. That's the answer in literally every one of these situations

Why then is a WHITE guy directing this? Should be a black dude.

BRB gonna cancel JJ.

<Dany07>

Maybe that's why I don't care. I never got the appeal of Superman.

Yeah, his appeal was back in the heyday of punching nazis.

If he popped a Nazi now, you'd have people blowing up on twitter about leftist comics turning our boys into soygirls who are the real fascists, etc etc etc.

I wonder what kind of metaphors they will use.

The movie will be 2 hours 33 minutes. 2 hours will be devoted to a vague mystery that is a substitute for a cohesive story with beats, then an ancillary character will give Superman the will he needs to defeat the Supervillian by going "The secret was.....hope. Hope........"

Yeah, his appeal was back in the heyday of punching nazis.

If he popped a Nazi now, you'd have people blowing up on twitter about leftist comics turning our boys into soygirls who are the real fascists, etc etc etc.
That has nothing to do with it, I love Cap. For me its hard to get behind a hero that is all powerful. There's no interest if there's no struggle.

Last edited:
That has nothing to do with it, I love Cap. For me its hardtop get behind a hero that is all powerful. There's no interest if there's no struggle.

Wow, didn't even think of that. First Avenger and Man of Steel were only like 3 years apart. My point, cheekiness aside, was more to a point that sort of breaks down with the infinite power schtick. The nazis were an emergent and world-threat, so an all powerful guy like Superman has a definite appeal. When that threat is gone? All you can really do is ramp up more and more insane villains like Doomsday to the point of diminishing returns.

Cap will always be better because he wasn't chose for anything. He was a feeble little guy who became a paragon through nothing but hard work and performance enhancing drugs.

I won’t be watching this crap. JJ will Fuck it up anyway.

Supes is my boy from Smallville, Kansas.

Where is this guy from? And the writer for this seems pretty racist. Eh, I won't watch.

Bro.... this is actually not a bad idea. Since I do believe Superman should look the part as he’s always been portrayed(white skin, black hair). #imhispanic #noracist

Plenty of Hispanic people have light colored skin so he’d still look the part. And it would hammer home the idea that Superman is an immigrant which is an aspect to the character I feel a lot of people overlook.

Was toying with the idea of Mexican farmers in America finding him, but I think you keep Ma and Pa Kent white, hence the white as fuck name Clark Kent.

When Superman fights for truth, justice, and the American way, and when people protest him telling him to go back to where he came from it would have that much more impact.

Plus DC is massive in Latin America and it would absolutely crush there(more than it already does).
Mexicans are hated by a lot of other Hispanics from other Spanish speaking countries. Lol

Would have rather seen another Henry Cavill movies with a better writer and director than Zack Snyder.

Back