supplements before a grappling tournament?

migeru29

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
i know electrolyte powder is a must.. what a bout creatine? it might help a little? and how many mg? does the fact that it retain liquid will affect my stamina? what other legal supplements you recommend?

Electrolyte supplements are only necessary if you have a trash diet and don't get enough from your food. You're probably over thinking it. Get a good night sleep, a decent meal 2 hours before you compete, and drink plenty of water(some coconut water if you're really worried about electrolytes).

Let your brain relax until it's time to compete. In my experience each time I dissected every moment of my life up until I competed I always did worse.

i know electrolyte powder is a must.. what a bout creatine? it might help a little? and how many mg? does the fact that it retain liquid will affect my stamina? what other legal supplements you recommend?
I had the worst bicycle race of my life loading with creatine beforehand. For weight lifting it's good, not cardio.

I had good experiences using this to peak for bicycle races.
rdbc_1_1.jpg

Baking soda for lactate-tolerance, taurine for muscle pumps. electrolytes - only if you're going to sweat a tonne.

Back