Law Supreme Court asked to declare the all-male military draft unconstitutional

I don't think the answer to the "the draft is sexist" position is to force women to sign the papers. We should just end it altogether.

I don't think the answer to the "the draft is sexist" position is to force women to sign the papers. We should just end it altogether.
And if a war ever happens again and we are attacked... we should wave the Canadian white flag?

That is what the lawsuit will do if successful. If Congress wants to rewrite the law afterwards there is nothing the litigants can do. But it will have to be voted on and signed by the President.

they should also impose 2 year mandatory military service...

it will make all the overly sensitive snowflakes actually grow up and act like adults

Yeah, I don't want the freaks who stormed the capital building to represent the nation abroad, or in the military in any capacity. Even the military has standards.

And if a war ever happens again and we are attacked... we should wave the Canadian white flag?

Let me know when the wars we keep engaged in forever and ever land on our shores, bud.

Yeah, I don't want the freaks who stormed the capital building to represent the nation abroad, or in the military in any capacity. Even the military has standards.
Those are exactly the people you want, harnessed under authority and directed outward, if you plan on actually attacking or defending anything of worth. Regardless of what you may think of their actions they should that by and large they were willing to engage physically for a political reason.

What you don't want are a bunch of people barely holding in their contempt for the country or authority sending them out. Who is more likely to pick up a weapon and actually defend the country at this point in time? People like those that were at the Capital or the current generation of college students?

Those are exactly the people you want, harnessed under authority and directed outward, if you plan on actually attacking or defending anything of worth. Regardless of what you may think of their actions they should that by and large they were willing to engage physically for a political reason.

What you don't want are a bunch of people barely holding in their contempt for the country or authority sending them out. Who is more likely to pick up a weapon and actually defend the country at this point in time? People like those that were at the Capital or the current generation of college students?

They're not in shape, they're political extremists, and they don't actually believe in defending all Americans. This has been made clear over and over. The people who beat on cops and come to the capital armed are not, in any way, fit for service.

"What you don't want are a bunch of people barely holding in their contempt for the country or authority sending them out."

The people at the capital all had their chances to serve. They either failed, or never took the chance. They strapped up for a proto fascist and threatened the democratic process when they didn't get their way.

Servicemen and women defend the constitution, not violate it during the certification of a democratically held election.

You guys, this logical line is absurd, along the lines of "Just empty the prisons and let those fuckers fight. Look at em, they're all ripped!!"

So... the country owes every entitled cry baby the American dream for simply being born here but they shouldn’t have to give anything back?
No, they should pay taxes.

Do you feel the draft dodging presidents of the past are cry babies that didn't give anything back because they did not participate in wars?

No, they should pay taxes.

Do you feel the draft dodging presidents of the past are cry babies that didn't give anything back because they did not participate in wars?
50% of Americans don’t pay a single dollar of federal income tax.

Draft Dodgers are scum. Classism at its finest.

they should also impose 2 year mandatory military service...

it will make all the overly sensitive snowflakes actually grow up and act like adults
Yes force people to serve when they have no willingness to do so. It worked out well for the Iraqi army.

disagree

kids in the west grow up overly protected

military service would be a good reality check

Isnt your complaint the US is too multiracial and multicultural? Surprised you would want to unite the people under forced military service. Better for your kin if you promotr divisionism.

50% of Americans don’t pay a single dollar of federal income tax.

Draft Dodgers are scum. Classism at its finest.

Federal income isn't the only form of taxation.

then dont live in america... I served and my father died for his country
That's a choice you made, not everyone should be required to make the same choices that you did.

Back