Law Supreme Court blocks Biden administration’s eviction moratorium

Wonder if the house market going to crash. Was thinking About buying a second home, if alot of homes hit the markets.

Good. Plenty of landlords are scummy slum lords, but plenty are also regular people who earn their living by investing in and maintaining rental property.

Who is going to pay their bills and feed their families because they're being forced to keep unpaying tenants? There's more work now than places can fill. We no longer need the moratorium.

Good. Plenty of landlords are scummy slum lords, but plenty are also regular people who earn their living by investing in and maintaining rental property.

Who is going to pay their bills and feed their families because they're being forced to keep unpaying tenants? There's more work now than places can fill. We no longer need the moratorium.
It's unreal how many people shit on landlords like they are swimming in endless cash

Some are scumbags for sure, but so many honest working people who need that income.to pay bills and take care of their families

My dad used to always own a few apartment buildings (4 to 5 story tops). We were never millionaires. It's a constant headache keeping up with bills, repairs, shit bag tenants etc...

Anyway, great post. There are so many parasites leeching off the government, making more than they normally do, and not paying rent.

This has gone on long enough, there are plenty of jobs out there.

Maybe they get real jobs that involve actually working.

Don't worry, it's coming and it's going to take the economy down with it again. Yaaaay capitalism.

I’ve been telling myself it’s coming for a couple years but prices keeping getting more absurd. But maybe that’s just Los Angeles.

I’ve been telling myself it’s coming for a couple years but prices keeping getting more absurd. But maybe that’s just Los Angeles.
Na, it's Chicago too. I'm hearing that it's being recommended to come with 30% over asking if you even want to have a chance at having an offer accepted.

No, its everywhere. I live in a flyover portion of a flyover state and house prices are absurd. Just got thrashed in a bidding war for a house that started at 35k, someone swooped in with a 100k cash offer and even they got outbid. You can't buy anywhere within a hours drive of a major city anymore unless you throw down some serious money.

No, its everywhere. I live in a flyover portion of a flyover state and house prices are absurd. Just got thrashed in a bidding war for a house that started at 35k, someone swooped in with a 100k cash offer and even they got outbid. You can't buy anywhere within a hours drive of a major city anymore unless you throw down some serious money.

3 bed 2 bath around 1,600 square feet that needs work is about $1,200,000 on the low end in my neighborhood and like you said you need to overbid and bring cash. Fuck me right in the goat ass.

A half-dozen states have eviction moratoriums that are not affected by the Supreme Court's action — California, Minnesota, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York and Washington. The District of Columbia also has a local moratorium

3 bed 2 bath around 1,600 square feet that needs work is about $1,200,000 on the low end in my neighborhood and like you said you need to overbid and bring cash. Fuck me right in the goat ass.

Where the fuck are you? Palos Verdes?

Yep. So for your average person a housing market crash is going to be their only chance now at owning. And even then it's a long shot in some places as people will hold on for as long as they can to avoid eating a loss.

Back