Law Supreme Court sides with Catholic foster agency that excludes same-sex couples in 9-0 ruling

I personally believe children benefit most from having a mother and a father. But I don't see a reason to exclude gay couples from adopting. Ultimately, it is about how much love and necessities the parents are able to provide. This seems discriminatory to me and I can't support that decision.

However, the main point is that this is a religious foster agency and they shouldn't be forced to do something that violates their values, no matter how backwards we believe them to be.
That's the crux of it.

I'm not even religious but people only seem to get up in arms with catholic and Christian beliefs of this nature.

A few years back in halifax a venue booked a pride event in the ballroom next to a ballroom hosting a Muslim wedding. It was comical. Didn't even make the news despite how much noise both groups made about each other. But my God the fallout was LOL

“We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid.”
That's just human nature.

I mean look at the current cult of leftists. Possibly the most selfish, mean stupid people disguised as and participating in via virtue signaling a cause for good half the time.

I personally believe children benefit most from having a mother and a father. But I don't see a reason to exclude gay couples from adopting. Ultimately, it is about how much love and necessities the parents are able to provide. This seems discriminatory to me and I can't support that decision.

However, the main point is that this is a religious foster agency and they shouldn't be forced to do something that violates their values, no matter how backwards we believe them to be.
I’ve known and hung out with a lot of gay people. They generally like(d) young stuff, openly, and that gives me concern.

I know a weird heterosexual couple that adopted a small Asian girl, and I think they are weird as well.. Coincidentally the husband speaks effeminately.

I’ve known and hung out with a lot of gay people. They generally like(d) young stuff, openly, and that gives me concern.

I know a weird heterosexual couple that adopted a small Asian girl, and I think they are weird as well.. Coincidentally the husband speaks effeminately.
It gives you concern? <36>

"Young stuff"? I took that to mean pedo type of stuff. That's not what you meant though, right?

It doesn't stop gay couples from adopting, they can adopt through a variety of other agencies

It just doesn't force catholic agencies to adopt out to gay couples

I'm with you. Mother and father is best. But 2 moms or 2 dads is better than 0 parents at all for the kid.

I strongly agree with you. In a perfect world, all children would be raised by a loving and responsible biological mother and father, but the world is far from ideal and people are flawed which means things don't work out the way we want them to. Fortunately, there are very capable homosexual men and women who can be excellent caregivers to children who need a loving home.

What a shitty stance from so-called Christians. There are too many kids out there that need a home.

This charity is responsabile for most of the foster care in Philly. Its not like there are progressives doing the charity work.

That's just human nature.

I mean look at the current cult of leftists. Possibly the most selfish, mean stupid people disguised as and participating in via virtue signaling a cause for good half the time.

A big problem with the leftist religion of social justice is that your skin color and gender determines your level of guilt and morality and there is no forgiveness, redemption or washing away of sins.

Last edited:
Can you imagine a special counsel investigation into the ongoings of the Catholic church adoption program. Omfg.
We don’t have enough jail cells in this country if we start investigating the Catholic Church.

We don’t have enough jail cells in this country if we start investigating the Catholic Church.
Just remove Catholic and say churches.

I'd love to see the account books for like the Mormon Church given their version of the Bible has lines in it about getting into a higher spot in heaven based ont he money you have and the amount of money they drop on early Mormon artifacts.

It's unfortunate, because kids who aren't wanted should have parents who want kids. Same sex couple or otherwise, I'd rather see children raised by a loving family than the church or the state.

That said, it's not a concession they should be forced to make.
they still will friend. there are tons of non religious adoption agencies. in fact catholic ones in my state at leaste had shut down because of being forced to adopt to same sex couples. all this ruling will do is allow catholics to ensure a mother and a father to the child they are carrying but cannot keep.

there is absolutely nothing wrong with this ruling.

Last edited:
Back