Social "Systemic Racism"

MMAGA

Belt of Truth
@Brown
Reaction score
Is "systemic racism" really a thing in the U.S.? I'm seeing this term being thrown around a lot as of late.

I'll admit there are regions of this country, very small pockets in the grand scheme of things, that I, as a Mexican male, would not venture into. Heck, there are parts here in L.A. where the lines between racism and culturalism get fuzzy. I can only imagine it's the same for blacks in specific regions throughout the country.

I remember working in Pennsylvania and seeing black men with white women walking around at the mall, and no one was batting an eye. But, the second my Hispanic buddy and I walked into a restaurant, bar, etc., you'd literally hear the record skip. One lady at a Cracker Barrel, without hesitation, before even taking our order, said, "you two look different". We advised her we were LEOs working in the area, and everyone went about their business. We laughed it off, but it still felt a little odd. She turned out to be a sweetheart who simply didn't see brownish people all that often, if ever.

So, the term "systemic" tends to lend itself to a grander scheme, one were EVERYONE is involved. Personally, I don't believe that to be true...not even close. As I mentioned before, there are no doubt pockets throughout the U.S. where certain skin colors, cultures, etc. are shunned, even harassed, and unfortunately sometimes injured/killed.

I'm hearing many pastors and political figures stating that "systemic racism" must be eradicated. First, I'll reiterate my belief that there is no such thing as "systemic racism", and I don't see the government, or ANYONE for that matter, doing anything to persuade people from getting stuck in their bubbles, and being less than welcoming to "foreign" cultures.

What that SOB did to George Floyd was absolutely sickening. It's almost as if he went mentally retarded for those 7-8 minutes. I'm hoping to see his partners charged, as well. Personally, I don't know of ANY law enforcement agency that teaches such a technique. BUT, this idiot's actions DO NOT mirror the beliefs, feelings, and/or actions of the 800,000+ sworn law enforcement personnel in the U.S.

Well there clearly is systemic racism

but how can you loot steal
And destroy people’s lives and businesses and complain that they’re viewing you in a negative light

IMO the Current African American community Lacks the leadership that had in the past that helped make the amazing advancements we’ve had

Last edited:
Booger would be the one to make the first post and be wrong.

I will ask you TS, a member on this board who I call sabre-tard compared slavery to "holding a job".

Do you think there is systemic racism?

There obviously isn't systemic racism in the police. There is a culture of distrust between the black community and police. Olive branches need to be extended, but they also need to be accepted and returned. Of course a cop will be nervous around people who sing fuck the police and of course black people will be nervous around cops when they think they are out to get them.

You should go out into the protests and get some opinions on this. Make sure you get your opinion out there first...just to set the tone.

There obviously isn't systemic racism in the police. There is a culture of distrust between the black community and police. Olive branches need to be extended, but they also need to be accepted and returned. Of course a cop will be nervous around people who sing fuck the police and of course black people will be nervous around cops when they think they are out to get them.

Well since you said it must mean it doesn’t exist.

There are a lot of racists in the police force and military it is one of the only two professions that will employ them, and they usually have little man syndrome so the professions along with their anger and hatred of others are a natural bond.

In what other profession can you legally bully and harass people and even have the opportunity to beat them up or kill them? Military and police

The ACLU exists because their no racism in the police in America.

Was that in Paul Ryan's last tax cut where the people at the top got redistributed all the money?

did they get someone elses money?

or do they just not have to give up as much of their own money?

Are you slow? Did you not read my OP!?

Just because some dork on Sherdog makes an idiotic comment, doesn't justify a belief in "systemic" racism.
You don't see this prevailing attitude?

You know the answer to this but you are playing stupid. You have walked this earth. You weren't born yesterday.

Why don't you ask if water is wet. It would make as just much sense.

Even though there's plenty of racism going around from all groups, I dont buy into systemic racism towards blacks, at least not the degree that's talked about

There's definitely systemic failures of accountability.

Cops get away with too much bullshit, and minorities, too often, get treated with kid gloves in any national discussion.

Black on white/black murder dwarves white on black.

Obviously based on what? The fact that the DOJ has uncovered system racism in the police like it did with the Ferguson Police Department?
Ferguson’s strategy of revenue generation through policing has fostered practices in the two central parts of Ferguson’s law enforcement system—policing and the courts—that are themselves unconstitutional or that contribute to constitutional violations. In both parts of the system, these practices disproportionately harm African Americans. Further, the evidence indicates that this harm to African Americans stems, at least in part, from racial bias, including racial stereotyping. Ultimately, unlawful and harmful practices in policing and in the municipal court system erode police legitimacy and community trust, making policing in Ferguson less fair, less effective at promoting public safety, and less safe.
Our investigation uncovered direct evidence of racial bias in the communications of influential Ferguson decision makers. In email messages and during interviews, several court and law enforcement personnel expressed discriminatory views and intolerance with regard to race, religion, and national origin. The content of these communications is unequivocally derogatory,dehumanizing, and demonstrative of impermissible bias

We have discovered evidence of racial bias in emails sent by Ferguson officials, all of whom are current employees, almost without exception through their official City of Ferguson email accounts, and apparently sent during work hours. These email exchanges involved several police and court supervisors, including FPD supervisors and commanders.
nothing_to_see_here_gif_1024x1024.gif

Where did I say that. There are millions of cops. There are bound to be racist POS. I just said the system isn't designed to oppress black people
Why do you think the ACLU was founded?

Back