Media T.J. Dillashaw thinks Aljamain Sterling's striking is embarrassing

If you look at the two Yan fights, Sterling really did well standing. He fought long, only threw single strikes and 2 strike combinations for the most part, used a lot of lateral movement to avoid exchanges with Yan, circled away from Yans power and utilized kicks to stay out of range too. His team did a good job identifying and somewhat nullifying Yans pressure style, Aljo wasn't often there to be hit.

I went back and rewatched Aljo vs Yan 1 and 2, Aljo arguably won the first two rounds vs Yan standing and made a decent account of himself on the feet vs Yan in the rematch too. Aljo mixes it up really well, he just seems like a really frustrating fighter. Dillashaw is quicker than Yan and while Yan is a more plodding pressure fighter, TJ Dillashaw is movement based with beautiful footwork and he also has great counter wrestling. It will be fun to see what Aljos team cooks up, it's a tough matchup for Sterling but one he's supposed to win.

He also outstruck Munhoz and rivera handedly too. His striking is unorthodox, but he makes it work and he uses his length really well. His body kicks in particular are money.

m1BDWul.gif
24 hours later he absolutely smoked Barao, who was a "striking sniper" - Joe Rogan, so this had to be a diversion.

If you look at the two Yan fights, Sterling really did well standing. He fought long, only threw single strikes and 2 strike combinations for the most part, used a lot of lateral movement to avoid exchanges with Yan, circled away from Yans power and utilized kicks to stay out of range too. His team did a good job identifying and somewhat nullifying Yans pressure style, Aljo wasn't often there to be hit.

I went back and rewatched Aljo vs Yan 1 and 2, Aljo arguably won the first two rounds vs Yan standing and made a decent account of himself on the feet vs Yan in the rematch too. Aljo mixes it up really well, he just seems like a really frustrating fighter. Dillashaw is quicker than Yan and while Yan is a more plodding pressure fighter, TJ Dillashaw is movement based with beautiful footwork and he also has great counter wrestling. It will be fun to see what Aljos team cooks up, it's a tough matchup for Sterling but one he's supposed to win.

The only reason Sterling would in any way shape or form be "supposed to win" is because people are banking on him aging and coming back worse from the recent injuries.

Two very unlikable fighters. An angry little guy and a human backpack. I'll take a double KO please.

I think Sterling beats Dillashaw. Dillashaw has a win over Sandhagen but those guys were really familiar with each other. Sterling is also very big for the division.

I’ve never really understood this discounting of your opponent beforehand. If you win, apparently you were supposed to because they sucked. And if you lose, you lost to a guy you said sucks..

“I don’t lose to guys like Jan”..

Gotcha.

But after every fight GSP would say..

This is the toughest guy I ever fought.

Really respectful to everybody. In this instance GSP might say.. I think I have an advantage on the feet. Why say his striking is embarrassing when everybody knows that is not his base, or expertise? It’s just lame. Especially for a ped cheat.

The more shit you talk the farther the fall.

We're more likely to see Sterling doing a dab again. People sleeping on TJ too much like he didnt just beat Sandhagen
Fair, but it was a split decision, far from a dominant performance, and Sandhagen, awesome as he is, got his ranking beating the shells of Frankie, Moraes, and Assuncao.

I'm bumping this thread when sterling ko dillashaw.

quicker than Yan?

jigga please.

It's embarrassing that a guy who knowingly, willingly, consciously took what is arguably the worst PED is fighting for a title after a 2-year vacation. Hope he gets KO'd stiff.

TJ is gonna underestimate Aljos striking and I'm betting he will get dropped.

He's dismissing Aljo's entire game.

Sterling is tied with Dillashaw for most wins in UFC BW history, and he's been talking about him like he's a jabroni from the regional circuit.

But given how many fighters talk about not watching tape and how Aljo got buried on the prelims after complaining about money, it honestly wouldn't surprise me if Dillashaw had only seen Aljo get KO'd by Moraes and the Yan fights. That's certainly the case for a lot of the idiot fans who talk about Sterling like he's a bum.

Dillashaw? His hands are unless he's slowed down a bit. Yans never been fast.
Yan is lighting fast, there is no way Dillashaw's hands are faster than Yan's...absolutely no fucking way.

If you said, TJ moves faster, has better reflexes or something, but hands? no way.

Back