Tai Chi master gets ass handed to him by mma amateur

This MMA fighter is a bit of a loser for fighting an old man.

I get everyone wants to see different martial art styles and how they stack up to MMA but still...

If that was me and they paired me up against someone’s grandfather. I’d at least ask for a younger opponent. lol

Imagine ever thinking Tai Chi was used for actual combat lol. Feel bad for the geriatric having to visit the shadow realm as proof!

Yeah taking a fight as a tai chi practitioner and thinking it actually will help you in the fight is like thinking you taking hot yoga classes is going to help you fight. I'm all for tai chi being used as an exercise tool but it's just a farce of a "martial art" from any practical use standpoint.

I dont agree with this at all. The only problem with TMA's is the lack of full contact training. Lots of chinese martial arts could be adapted to work in MMA but the training methods will have to change.

Do that and start drawing in numbers of people doing it too and a body of knowlege would emerge that works.

This is begining to happen and will lead to the kung fu Machida eventually.

I dont agree with this at all. The only problem with TMA's is the lack of full contact training. Lots of chinese martial arts could be adapted to work in MMA but the training methods will have to change.

Do that and start drawing in numbers of people doing it too and a body of knowlege would emerge that works.

This is begining to happen and will lead to the kung fu Machida eventually.
It would have to change so much that it wouldn't even be recognizable as tail chi anymore though

american supremacy exposing the hocus pocus of all that wu tang clan shit
UFC: USA VS CHINA, corona virus kings baby. book the real fight island event

It would have to change so much that it wouldn't even be recognizable as tail chi anymore though

I recognized Machidas Karate..... there is no reason to think Tai Chi would have to be any different.

The problem is the training methods.

I recognized Machidas Karate..... there is no reason to think Tai Chi would have to be any different.

The problem is the training methods.
Karate is way more practical than tai chi in a fight though. Just because they are both traditional Chinese martial arts they are not the same

Why would this guy take the fight? Surely he knows he is a bullshit artist? Even if he didn't know, after he got knocked down twice, surely by then he would have realized it is a bad idea.

Karate is way more practical than tai chi in a fight though. Just because they are both traditional Chinese martial arts they are not the same

Karate is Japanese, Kung Fu is Chinese... they are not both traditional Chinese arts.

Having trained and fought in both and having fought with people from both styles I cant see the issue with either one working.

People said the same about karate until Machida.

There are already people begining to make the changes in the kung fu and tai chi world. Its only a matter of time before they find their way into MMA.

BlackTaoist, Xing Yi Academy and many others no one has ever heard of are making the changes. I have a friend fighting in armature MMA bouts using only Xing Yi and Tai Chi.

He has cross trained in boxing and MMA gyms but just so he can better adapt these styles to real applications.

I see your point though, Tai Chi is the harder style to adapt but I am sure it can be done.

Last edited:
Damn that was bad. Lucky the old boy didn't fly into one of those desks...

Why would this guy take the fight? Surely he knows he is a bullshit artist? Even if he didn't know, after he got knocked down twice, surely by then he would have realized it is a bad idea.

Too much pride, that's why.

Tai Chi master vs Yoga master would be a better fight

Yoga is Asian yoga (its from India).

But yeah, Tai is great exercise for seniors (good for balance and flexibility for people over 70). But its not for fighting.

I consider India part of Asia.

And I agree. Great exercise for older folks.

Fuck, he killed the poor ol' bastard!

I consider India part of Asia.

And I agree. Great exercise for older folks.

I misunderstood what you meant by saying Tai Chi was Asian Yoga, I thought you were saying yoga wasn't from Asia (don't laugh, I know people who think it started in California). My bad.

Maybe long ago, Tai chi was a combat art, but in the present day it's almost exclusively a form of exercise.

Back