International Taliban Declares China as Their Best Friend; Invites Beijing to Exploit Resources.

Though Biden effed up the withdrawl, he was just following through Trump's deal with the Taleban. If Trump was president, he would have left and China would have moved in.

You have no clue what he would have done. He already delayed it himself when he reviewed the intelligence. The Taliban broke his deal. I remember him getting on a plane in Vietnam and refusing to meet with the North Koreans when they broke his deal. They then got in line and everyone was happy and safe. You don't know... but here you are making a massive assumption like it's reality. You may want to take a big step back and reconsider your blind allegiance. I think Trump is an Ogre, but he got a lot right... and a lot wrong. You seem to think he only did wrong.... that's called being a blind partisan. It's not a good look.

This was expected. Let's see how that strip mining with no controls goes.

Big jilted lover / jealous ex energy in this thread.

Aligning themselves with China is Afghanistan’s best shot at modernization and economic development. It’s also their only option at the moment as they’re now on America’s eternal shitlist ala Iran and Cuba and will be dealing with sanctions and sabotage for the foreseeable future. The US sent them a pretty clear message when they froze billions of funds in the Afghan development bank.

Obviously their relationship wth China comes a different set of challenges and is ripe for exploitation though I doubt it will be much worse than whatever America had in store for them. Belt and road sounds like the Chinese version of what the West has been doing in the developed world via the IMF and World Bank for decades.

At least China won’t be bombing weddings.

ChiNA JoE DiD tHiS oN PurpOse to HanD OVeR ResOurCes tO ChInA.

<{1-1}>

<Dany07>

You have no clue what he would have done. He already delayed it himself when he reviewed the intelligence. The Taliban broke his deal. I remember him getting on a plane in Vietnam and refusing to meet with the North Koreans when they broke his deal. They then got in line and everyone was happy and safe. You don't know... but here you are making a massive assumption like it's reality. You may want to take a big step back and reconsider your blind allegiance. I think Trump is an Ogre, but he got a lot right... and a lot wrong. You seem to think he only did wrong.... that's called being a blind partisan. It's not a good look.

It's not partisanship when I also give Biden shit, multiple times, in multiple threads.

I imagine the following conversation taking place:

Reporter to Taleban: You say China is your best ally; what do you have to say about the genocide of the Uyghurs

Taleban: what Uyghurs ?

I heard some expert on the radio about this topic, and he was saying that this is basically whats happened. There is also a small Uygur population in Afghanistan, and they are all in hiding now apparantly.

Afghanistan's Uyghurs fear the Taliban, and now China too

About the only positive development that had a 0.1% of happening was the Taleban giving tacit support for Uyghurs. Even if not support for Uyghur militants, then atleast accepting Uyghur refugees. But it is all but assured the Taleban will send back any Uyghur trying to escape from Xianjing.

I heard some expert on the radio about this topic, and he was saying that this is basically whats happened. There is also a small Uygur population in Afghanistan, and they are all in hiding now apparantly.

Afghanistan's Uyghurs fear the Taliban, and now China too
The Taleban are tribalists, they are just using Islam for legitimacy , control and to get support from the Muslim Ummah.

They won't help the Uyghurs because their supporter Pakistan is staunchly pro China and the Taleban don't want to lose out on Chinese investment and diplomatic support. Plenty of Muslim countries defended China's treatment of the Uyghurs, so it's hardly surprising the Taleban will also support China.

The only Muslim organizations that will support the Uyghurs are ISIS and Al Qaeda, because these orgs. are explicitly pan Islamic and do not recognize borders. With ISIS, they will kill anyone they think is not Islamic enough so they are just as likely to also kill Uyghurs, but since ISIS doesn't have a presense in China the odds of that happening is negligible.

I imagine the following conversation taking place:

Reporter to Taleban: You say China is your best ally; what do you have to say about the genocide of the Uyghurs

Taleban: what Uyghurs ?

Can’t believe the Taliban have spurned America lover of Muslims for the Chinese

*squints at death tolls for the last 20 years of US occupation*

China will be reverse engineering the equipment America left behind.
are you really believing that America left behind intelligence sensitive weaponry? China has advanced ICBM systems, they are not going to gain anything from having rocket launchers or tanks.

Its insane you literally have people in here basically saying we should have continued to stay so we China doesn’t get it. That’s what they want to use the army for and risk soldiers dying.
that was the whole point of going in the first place, and first place I mean back in the 80s. The Soviets would have taken it back then. People think this situation is just corporations wanting to exploit oil resources in the middle east. That's what funds it, but in reality we are trying to prevent being conquered by Russia and/or China. Both those countries absolutely want to conquer the USA and the world. I believe their leadership want us all living under their flag or dead. I truly do.

bidens part of the deal was to leave asap

Can’t believe the Taliban have spurned America lover of Muslims for the Chinese

*squints at death tolls for the last 20 years of US occupation*
They can hate America and China at the same time.

China is going to rob them blind and leave the place a toxic waste dump.

Affhanistank has the largest natural deposits of lithium on the planet.
the substance used to manufacture batteries for E-vehicles.
China velly smart as always.
They want to dominate the world, and with Biden's help, they will.

Biden ran on a China first/America last platform and Americans voted for him.

Elections have consequences.

It makes you wonder - could Joe Biden be that incompetent or was he just setting things up to help pay his debts to Beijing?

Hell yeah.

We Americans are hypocrites because we complain about China yet willing buy loads of cheap shit from them that inevitably breaks or wears out.

But onto the topic, I feel like it should been obvious that China was going to form some of relationship with the newly established regime in Afghanistan.
I try not to but it's hard. Find me a computer or any eletronic device thats w/o china in it.. US trade policy needs fixing because no one can complete with 2-3$ an hour and in many cases slave labor not to mention zero emmision controls. You get into a situation where everything gets made there and consumer has no choice in the matter like your cell phone and probably thousands of other items in your home.

Back