International Taliban officially announce new government, invites world powers

Asked, given the catastrophe unleashed upon Afghanistan and the subsequent growth of Islamist terrorist groups like Al Qaeda, whether he regretted the policy he championed in Afghanistan, Brzezinski replied:

“Regret what? That secret operation was an excellent idea. It had the effect of drawing the Russians into the Afghan trap and you want me to regret it? The day that the Soviets officially crossed the border, I wrote to President Carter: We now have the opportunity of giving to the USSR its Vietnam War. Indeed, for almost 10 years, Moscow had to carry on a war unsupportable by the government, a conflict that brought about the demoralization and finally the breakup of the Soviet empire.”

Asked specifically whether he regretted the CIA’s collaboration with and arming of Islamist extremists, including Al Qaeda, in fomenting the war in Afghanistan, Brzezinski responded contemptuously: “What is most important to the history of the world? The Taliban or the collapse of the Soviet empire? Some stirred-up Moslems or the liberation of Central Europe and the end of the cold war?”

Brilliant idea that was.
Honestly if the diplomat to Iraq an idiot, there’s be no gulf war I and no reason for US troops in Saudi Arabia and no reason for AQ to attack the usa.
For want of a nail

Fuck no they don't want democracy. They did a pew poll in Afghanistan and 99% wanted Sharia law. That's probably why only 2% of population voted for president Ghani. 600,000 votes of 40,000,000 people says it all.
They may not want democracy overall but you can’t possibly believe that 99% of them all want sharia. You cant get 99% of people to agree on anything. That poll isn’t real

This administration will recognize them by the end of their term i think.

Biden and his crew are well on their way to having most cucked and embarrassing Foreign Relations in American history. I have no doubt these clowns will shortly bend the knee after the Taliban start parading around American Hostages that Blinken and Biden left behind.... As soon as the Taliban make deals with China and Russia.... it'll mean a Global War if the US actually gets the balls to want to back in...

Jimmy Carter is wishing these fucking morons would have came along a couple decades earlier to take that mantle earlier.

US destroyed Afghanistan not surprised no invite

Dude... talk about no appreciation. We left the Taliban $80 Billion in gifts.

And still got Ghosted....

Like the Incel that dumps his savings into an OF whore, only to have her reject his invite for tea and cookies.

I get that and I’m not trying to put blame on anyone. I just don’t want it to be my problem. The war mongering media tells us how awful it is for the people that the Taliban has taken over as if we should have stayed forever or even that we should go back. But I don’t see any point in fighting to protect people from the Taliban if they won’t fight them themselves. It seems like they are mostly ok with it I guess. If the Taliban fails to give people the standard of living they’ve had since the government was in place there will be complaints. There will probably be constant fighting and maybe one day the people will realize there is a better way.
The problem is people NATO aligned with were worse. The so called lion of Afghanistan Masood slaughtered thousands of Haraza in the 90s. Dostum same deal. All these northern Alliance Warlords were stone cold killers and corrupt AF with palaces and mansions at home and aboard. Basically Bush went in light and aligned with these mass murderers who were worse than Taliban which is why Taliban won before and won again. Mostly w/o a shot fired once American Air power and SOF forces left the fight.

Taliban is the only legitimate government that I recognize.

north korea is possibly more evil and less merciful and they are recognized by the world.
There are foreign actors that want to keep Afghanistan destabilized because a stable Afghanistan under TB rule would be a strategic threat to their interests. Most are despots and very unislamic, a working Islamic state would inspire revolt. The so-called democracies don't like it either. God's law instead of man's law and buying elections? Can't have it.

They will hold inauguration in September 11th.
I think that's a myth. They can't be that dumb. then again this interterm gov is pretty trolly too. Literally 3 wanted men. Almost zero ethnic representation. All Hard liners. I don't get what they are thinking because there are alternatives within their ranks to appeal to intl community and still be all Taliban.

What democracy? You mean the puppet government that was elected with 20% voter turn out, that left their soldiers without pay for months, and that fled to their apartments in Istanul and Dubai? Would you fight for them? I wouldn't.

40 years ago, here's where we were
1280px-Reagan_sitting_with_people_from_the_Afghanistan-Pakistan_region_in_February_1983.jpg

It amuses me that the person speaking in this photo is a woman.

Would suck if ISIS K attacked them, they’ve been quiet since they hit us, right? Convenient.

Back