International Targeting 'The Last Frontier': Mexican cartels send drugs into Alaska, upping death toll

Lets hear your solution to these "societal issues".

That's it's own topic worthy of discussion, because the causes of drug addiction vary.

But one example would be improving access to professional help for people with psychological disorders. This is a smaller part of the larger problem of access to and cost of healthcare in general in this country, but many people suffering from untreated psychological disorders self medicate with drugs to deal with them and become addicts.

Stopping that cycle before it begins, is a much more effective way to deal with the problem than trying to completely cut off access to the substance of choice for an addict, which we know is next to impossible.

That's it's own topic worthy of discussion, because the causes of drug addiction vary.

But one example would be improving access to professional help for people with psychological disorders. This is a smaller part of the larger problem of access to and cost of healthcare in general in this country, but many people suffering from untreated psychological disorders self medicate with drugs to deal with them and become addicts.

Stopping that cycle before it begins, is a much more effective way to deal with the problem than trying to completely cut off access to the substance of choice for an addict, which we know is next to impossible.

- Some people are more propence to get adctited too.
I think the place, social isolation and depression will play a part on Alaska addiction. Honestly dont know a solution. Liberation will have a huge impact on the public health system.

https://www.cbsnews.com/sacramento/news/fentanyl-prison-convicted-teen-placer-county/

https://bnn.network/breaking-news/c...ntanyl-production-and-trafficking-in-sinaloa/

- Some people are more propence to get adctited too.
I think the place, social isolation and depression will play a part on Alaska addiction. Honestly dont know a solution. Liberation will have a huge impact on the public health system.

https://www.cbsnews.com/sacramento/news/fentanyl-prison-convicted-teen-placer-county/

https://bnn.network/breaking-news/c...ntanyl-production-and-trafficking-in-sinaloa/

I agree with you on Alaska. It's a unique situation. I had a friend that lived up in King Salmon for a few years, and they said the winters especially were brutal. They don't even have it the worst there, but in December the days are only around 5 hours long. That combined with a tiny, isolated town drives a lot of people to drinking and drugs to deal with it.

I agree with you on Alaska. It's a unique situation. I had a friend that lived up in King Salmon for a few years, and they said the winters especially were brutal. They don't even have it the worst there, but in December the days are only around 5 hours long. That combined with a tiny, isolated town drives a lot of people to drinking and drugs to deal with it.

- Imagine that for years? I guess they start meth to handle the work and spiral out of control from there.

So meth gets them too awake, pot and lithium to sleep. More meth the other day to get awake again, but the meth gets them too distracted, now enters venvanse.

And the guy life starts revolving around drugs.

Why can't we do both? What, are we obligated to let scum infiltrate our country and sell poison because some people like it? Thats a pretty dumb and simplistic way to look at things.
How's the War on Drugs going?

How's the War on Drugs going?
Lots of fentanyl busts up in my neck of the woods but the supply more than meets the demand. We're not trying to keep it out of the country.

I would've assumed narcotics were already rampant in Alaska.
Visited once and it is amazing.

In the summer at least.

I talked to a lot of people there and asked them how winters go. Some read or even tinker outside. But a lot of people get depressed. It is cold and dark 3/4 of the year.

Visited once and it is amazing.

In the summer at least.

I talked to a lot of people there and asked them how winters go. Some read or even tinker outside. But a lot of people get depressed. It is cold and dark 3/4 of the year.

Yeah, from what I’ve seen, the scenery is great. But I have zero living somewhere where the sun basically doesn’t come out for ~3ish months out of the year. Pretty sure suicide rates are highest in northernmost countries.

Back