Tennis

Bme26

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Anyone play? I'm a fairly decent 4.0 club player. I didn't take Tennis up until my late 20s, but its a game I absolutely enjoy. If you play:

Do you play club, USTA, college?
What state do you play in and what type of surface do you play on (clay, hard court , grass, etc)
Skill level?
Do you prefer singles or doubles?
Best stroke?
Racquet you use?

My answers:

I play at a tennis club in California on hard courts.
I'm increasingly getting more into doubles as my volleys improve, but I'm still stronger in singles.
My backhand is my strongest stroke. Sometimes I feel like I can place the ball where ever I want with my backhand.
Pure Aero 2019. Got it as a birthday gift. Its been an amazing racquet so far

If you don't play, do you enjoy watching the game? There's a ATP tournament right now in London and Djokovic is playing out of his mind

I used to watch it because I watch all sports but never played. My girlfriend has played her whole life and I thought due to me being an athletic man, I'd smoke her. She fucking killed me. I figured playing baseball my whole life, I could hit it, no problem. Figured being more athletic, stronger, faster, with better hand eye than her, I'd somehow win. No. She's very unathletic, and I couldn't keep up. Tennis is a very humbling sport . I enjoy it, and will get better.

I used to watch it because I watch all sports but never played. My girlfriend has played her whole life and I thought due to me being an athletic man, I'd smoke her. She fucking killed me. I figured playing baseball my whole life, I could hit it, no problem. Figured being more athletic, stronger, faster, with better hand eye than her, I'd somehow win. No. She's very unathletic, and I couldn't keep up. Tennis is a very humbling sport . I enjoy it, and will get better.
Yeah its fucking hard if you don't play often. Tried squash? Great fun but insane levels of running if you can both play a bit

First time I ever golfed I shot a 42 on a 9 hole par 3 course. I had a hard time convincing the people i golfed with that it was my first time but I had a good swing right off the bat and kind of understood putting.

First time I tried tennis I figured I would be ok right off the bat as well, but holy shit i was terrible. I figured golf would be harder than tennis but at least to me it's quite the opposite.

Fun sport though, and quite the cardio workout if you and the person you're playing are good enough to get a decent rally going.

Yeah, man, I share your opinion, but I don't mind playing tennis with the kind of girls you're talking about.

Djokovic is currently playing the unknown Russian Karatsev in the semi of Australian Open.

Serena is a bully. 50% stronger than everyone she faces. When she loses, she blows a fuse and/or cries.

Tennis.

Serena is a bully. 50% stronger than everyone she faces. When she loses, she blows a fuse and/or cries.

Tennis.
yeah like i need one more win to tie stefi graff people should let me win. i mean every loss lately it is crying walking off in interview room

Anyone play? I'm a fairly decent 4.0 club player. I didn't take Tennis up until my late 20s, but its a game I absolutely enjoy. If you play:

Do you play club, USTA, college?
What state do you play in and what type of surface do you play on (clay, hard court , grass, etc)
Skill level?
Do you prefer singles or doubles?
Best stroke?
Racquet you use?

My answers:

I play at a tennis club in California on hard courts.
I'm increasingly getting more into doubles as my volleys improve, but I'm still stronger in singles.
My backhand is my strongest stroke. Sometimes I feel like I can place the ball where ever I want with my backhand.
Pure Aero 2019. Got it as a birthday gift. Its been an amazing racquet so far

If you don't play, do you enjoy watching the game? There's a ATP tournament right now in London and Djokovic is playing out of his mind
Two-handed back hand mofo checking in here. I haven't played in probably 2 decades but I'd love to get back into it.

TS brought back memories about placing the backhand wherever you feel like. I had a nasty inside out cross court back hand in my day. And I also had that sweet stripes and checkers andre agassi nike gear too

Bad coaching. It's like the problem in the money ball movie with all the old guys sitting at the table.
They only teach serves it seems.

On a different note, Alexander zverev got himself kicked out of the Mexico open.

Watch out for Carlos Alcaraz, it's insane that at 19 he has just beat Nadal and Djokovic back to back!!! All time great in the making!!

alcaraz new nadal jump higher then nadal. i watch mostly wta because you know. but i watch dzoker in prime and other but getting interested in atp again

Back