Social Tense Encounter Between Covington HS Kids and Nathan Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish white evangelicals were the primary movers and shakers. A lot of what's happened since 2008 never would have come about if we had the power in this country.
That's an interesting way to express it.

I wish white evangelicals were the primary movers and shakers. A lot of what's happened since 2008 never would have come about if we had the power in this country.

Naaah, you're just fine buddy. :)

Naaah, you're just fine buddy. :)
pelosis-clap-was-heard-around-the-world.gif

I didn't even know there was a debate on evolution until I got to college. It was totally foreign to me. Evolution was a fact that nobody questioned.

Science Isn't Boring!

Our V-POTUS Mike "Electric Fence" Pence:

"Charles Darwin never thought of evolution as anything other than a theory. He hoped that someday it would be proven by the fossil record but did not live to see that, nor have we... And now that we have recognized evolution as a theory, I would simply and humbly ask, can we teach it as such and can we also consider teaching other theories of the origin of species?"

The use of "theory" drives me fucking insane and it's also a word which should probably be prohibited within academia if it doesn't constitute an entire framework of knowledge and explanation or interpretation of some aspect of the natural world based on a body of scientific facts which are repeatedly confirmed / inferred by experiment and observation with the capability of bringing new discoveries to light. Theory.

Darwin was actually fairly explicit in emphasizing the two-fold nature of his achievement though, which was: 1) establishing the fact of evolution with common descent as the pattern of change through various lines of observational evidence and 2) developing a scientific theory - natural selection - to explain the mechanism of adaptation and speciation. It's ubiquitous in all research pertaining to evolution and has long since been reconciled with Gregor Mendel's work on heredity with the Modern Synthesis of the 1940s, only further underlined by DNA and development of genomics.

@Happy Man's comparison to the Big Bang from a religious perspective is actually pretty good because BBT doesn't attempt to state the origin or what initiated the creation of the universe, but rather serves as a model for the development of it. The former would be inherently impossible anyway because it's thought to have been the result of a gravitational singularity, which is where all modern day physics and current human understanding falls apart, similar to - albeit a far smaller scale - what happens beyond the event horizon of a black hole.

What did they do? Most of the views they expressed aren't really out of line with Christianity, or half of the WR for that matter. I don't understand why it's become some kind of sticking point from the incident.
Bad troll job? You're joking right? Those dudes were absolutely horrible people.

If Phillips had enough $$$ to be sued he wouldn’t have such disgusting teeth.

I know that. It's kind of ironic, but literally every single racial, ethnic and/or religious minority group in the United States is generally more homophobic in their thoughts and attitudes than contemporary white Christians, aside from secular Jews.

And non-secular jews. All of Israel and some smaller Asian countries including Taiwan. Parts of Africa like South Africa that have strong ties to Europe as well.

Good. Fuck Nathan Phillips. He went on national television and played the victim, cried like a little bitch, painted these kids as horrible racists, and tried to paint himself as a war hero. He's a cunt. I really really really hope Sandmann's lawyers puts the squeeze on a lot of these fuckers.

What did they do? Most of the views they expressed aren't really out of line with Christianity, or half of the WR for that matter. I don't understand why it's become some kind of sticking point from the incident.

Weird that the Christian(catholic) students, 2 being black were the ones pushing back against the things they were saying.

Crazy time we live in when a Black group and Native group are the racist ones and teen MAGA wearing teens are the ones standing against racist and homophobic slurs

Weird that the Christian(catholic) students, 2 being black were the ones pushing back against the things they were saying.

Crazy time we live in when a Black group and Native group are the racist ones and teen MAGA wearing teens are the ones standing against racist and homophobic slurs

What I'm saying is that you'll find the exact same rhetoric here on bible sez, immoral, :eek::eek::eek:s rights, mental illness and all sorts of other derision. It's a mirror image of the things the black Israelites were saying (with the balls to show their faces and do it publicly). There's 'a difference' for sure, and actually makes the former worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back