Social Tense Encounter Between Covington HS Kids and Nathan Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot endorse such radicalism anymore. A few extremely great posters on here changed my mind with a wealth of feelings. The US is completely unified with regard to its culture and values, and there's absolutely no chance in hell we would actually split along those cultural lines. Also, those cultural lines which definitely don't exist have nothing to do with socially constructed groups of people. I've come to appreciate we're all just a nice day in the sun away from each other.

I like this strategy to avoid ban hammer.

Good. This story deserves as much attention as it can get. That fraud Phillips flat out lied and the video evidence proves it. What he did was cause a nation to look at ways to strike out at innocent children over nothing. The most disgusting social event I have witnessed in my life.

It would be nice to see a settlement where Phillips is forced to tell the accurate version of events on several major media outlets. Kind of like an embarrassing apology tour. That seems to be a fair settlement, considering he has nothing much to give.
It won't happen. The concept of legitimate apologies in instances like this has died I fear.

Good. This story deserves as much attention as it can get. That fraud Phillips flat out lied and the video evidence proves it. What he did was cause a nation to look at ways to strike out at innocent children over nothing. The most disgusting social event I have witnessed in my life.

Seems to be dying, a search pulled up this jewel though.

https://www.scarymommy.com/nick-sandmann-difference-black-white-boys/

By now you’ve surely seen the viral video, which shows “MAGA teen” Nick Sandmann standing in front of Vietnam veteran and native elder Nathan Phillips, a smug smile on his face, mocking a man who is more than Sandmann, on his current course, has any hope to ever be.

A teen boy harassing and mocking a veteran on recorded video should have damning effects on the young boy’s life. He should be learning a lesson about respect and human dignity. Instead, he was interviewed on the Today show.

And that’s how the whole sad saga of Nick Sandmann illustrates the deadly racial divide between white teens and teens of color. Sandmann royally messed up. He was blatantly disrespectful to a war veteran and the whole thing was caught on camera.

Instead of facing any consequences for his actions, Sandmann has been allowed to tell his side of the story, been defended by politicians and the media, been given TV appearances, been invited to the White House. Can you imagine if the races were reversed? If a black teen had mocked and harassed a white war veteran?

And yet, Sandmann acted in the most disgustingly smug and disrespectful manner. He knew he could. He can do anything. He’s white.

Seen this on Facebook but can’t find anything credible that says the city of Santa Cruz honored Nathan Phillips. This just some fake news to muddy stuff up?

Their "third party" investigation is over apparently. Glad they exonerated the kids, disappointed they didn't have the courage to go after Nathan Phillips and others who instigated the whole thing and then lied about it. The school should be suing them all too for trying to ruin the school's reputation.

DzTrhNAWsAAI_le.jpg

On twitter, people are still outraged and angry at Sandmann thinking he did what they thought he did.

Of course, comments about privilege and being white.

Phillips lied, Jussie Smollet lied, Clock boy lied, Hands up don't shoot? Trayvon, Lies!!!

Yet, people STILL believe the media and STILL vote left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back