Terence Crawford vs. Keith Thurman.

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Even with the loss to Pacquiao, Thurman's still a top WW. Crawford could make a statement if he beats him.

Who wins?

crawford takes it, but it goes to the judges and thurman makes him work for it really hard.

keith isn't going to be an easy fight for anyone, except maybe spence.

Fun fight. Crawford via UD. He could possibly stop him to the body as well.

Thurman is a step up for Crawford. Competitive fight, Crawford UD.

crawford kicks his arse easily. wouldn't be surprised to see it stopped in the corner in the latter rounds.

Fun fight stylistically

Not sure how close it'd be but it'd be fun to watch

Closer fight than people expect. Crawford was getting out boxed by Jose Benavidez, a guy putting his hands down and taunting. Thurman has two healthy legs and an actual resume.

Thurman isnt Horn or Khan.

Crawford wins regardless.
and crawford isn't an older, blown up pacman. thurman hasn't looked the best lately, in i my opinion he never looked that great. he looked to have great natural athleticism, but never really refined his punch as much as i like to see. (he throws a bit too wildly for my liking)

Closer fight than people expect. Crawford was getting out boxed by Jose Benavidez, a guy putting his hands down and taunting. Thurman has two healthy legs and an actual resume.
benavidez actually looks pretty solid and was undefeated at the time. and why is it that a lot of you seen to think keeping your hands up is the be all and end all of boxing? you have seen half the great boxers like ever, right?

Pac, Lopez and Collazo hurt him bad, Crawford makes Thurman quit

benavidez actually looks pretty solid and was undefeated at the time. and why is it that a lot of you seen to think keeping your hands up is the be all and end all of boxing? you have seen half the great boxers like ever, right?
Agreed, Benavidez is solid. But he goaded Crawford into standing and trading because he was never going to be more mobile, and honestly for half the fight was getting the better of Crawford because he had Crawford playing his game. Benavidez is far less proven even before the injury than Porter or Garcia, both of which Thurman beat. Crawford has 0 wins the level of Porter or Garcia, and has shown holes and vulnerability against lesser comp. When someone can match him in an area of the game, he shows holes just like Thurman. Thurman has power, good boxing, and some decent movement. He's not folding against Crawford.

People act like losing to a once in a lifetime talent like Pacquiao is some kinda tainting of Thurman's whole career lately.

Spence eats both though

I think Thurman is a huge step up in competition for Crawford, but Terence can win. I was actually impressed by Thurman's resilience in his Pacquiao fight. He didn't let the KD discourage him and he came on during the back side of the fight. Although he lost to a 40 year old, I think he is a clear threat at the top.

Agreed, Benavidez is solid. But he goaded Crawford into standing and trading because he was never going to be more mobile, and honestly for half the fight was getting the better of Crawford because he had Crawford playing his game. Benavidez is far less proven even before the injury than Porter or Garcia, both of which Thurman beat. Crawford has 0 wins the level of Porter or Garcia, and has shown holes and vulnerability against lesser comp. When someone can match him in an area of the game, he shows holes just like Thurman. Thurman has power, good boxing, and some decent movement. He's not folding against Crawford.

People act like losing to a once in a lifetime talent like Pacquiao is some kinda tainting of Thurman's whole career lately.

Spence eats both though
don't agree. it think thurman is on the slide and i also think crawford gives spence a good fight. (i favour crawford)

Thurman is miles above everyone Bud has faced so far and definitely wouldn't be an easy fight.
I think he wins a decision but it'll be tough and it'll be close.

and crawford isn't an older, blown up pacman. thurman hasn't looked the best lately, in i my opinion he never looked that great. he looked to have great natural athleticism, but never really refined his punch as much as i like to see. (he throws a bit too wildly for my liking)
Do you think Bud would have struggled with Pacquiao like Thurman did?

Back