Law Texas Abortion Law allowed to take affect by Supreme Court

Lord Coke

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I personally can see both sides of the abortion debate although I personally believe that abortion should be reserved to protect the life of the mother. The question is what's next?
edit update
the supreme court issued a decision late last night that says we are not getting involved and Roberts and the other liberal justices dissented.
https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/20pdf/21a24_8759.pdf

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/09/01/supreme-court-texas-abortion-ban-508275

By ALICE MIRANDA OLLSTEIN

09/01/2021 01:06 AM EDT

Updated: 09/01/2021 10:08 AM EDT

The Supreme Court early Wednesday let a Texas state law take effect that allows private citizens to sue to uphold a ban on the procedure after six weeks of pregnancy, potentially creating a new template for states to impose strict restrictions on the procedure.

The court’s decision to not act on an emergency petition from Texas abortion clinics comes as the justices prepare to more broadly reconsider the right to an abortion it established almost 50 years ago. In May, justices agreed to review Mississippi’s ban on the procedure after 15 weeks of pregnancy — a direct challenge to Roe v. Wade, the landmark 1973 decision that legalized abortion nationwide. Those arguments are expected later this year, with a ruling in 2022.

temporary restraining order barring the group from filing suits against a small group of individuals and organizations that assist patients in obtaining an abortion. But both sides of the case acknowledge the order is very narrow, and the anti-abortion group said it still plans to solicit tips and bring lawsuits against abortion providers now that courts have given a green light to the law's implementation.

The group’s spokesperson Kimberlyn Schwartz told POLITICO that protesters have flooded their "whistleblower" website with phony tips in recent days, but claimed "they’ve been extremely easy to spot and filter out." Schwartz said soliciting tips is just one of the ways they plan to enforce the state's law, but declined to answer whether they also plan to physically monitor clinics.

The high court, or a lower federal court, could still issue a stay in the coming days, halting enforcement of the law and allowing abortions after six weeks of pregnancy to resume.

Last edited:
Holy shit an abortion law where a ban on abortions isn't even the most fucked up thing.

Bounty hunter program for Karens to hunt down not just the doctors who provide abortions but anyone who assists them ie works at an office that provides abortions etc. Apparently this might include the uber drivers who drive women to get the abortions.

What are the details of the bill. Does it give exceptions for the health of the mother? That's the only reason I could see after the time allowed.

lol Dems threw "my body my choice" out the window with these vaccine mandates.

Oh please, pipe down!!! Nutters like you only care about fetuses lol. Don’t want to get a stupid little vaccine so you don’t propagate an infectious disease, putting your family and friends’ lives on the line, but willing to go all the way to the Supreme Court for a Petri dish whatchamacallit. Y’all people are sick in the head.

Once, just once, I’d like to see conservatives treat their fellow man with as much concern as they treat the unborn. Yourself included.

Gonna be pretty hard to rig elections in Texas.

I'm not sure why people think the Mexicans which are being relied on for that blue wave are against this. Those people go to church and respect life. And that goes for the women to. If a Mexican teen gets pregnant her mother will most likely demand she keep it.

Last edited:
Back