Thai Fight Strong Promotion

Kenny95

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Almost every farang lost to the Thais at the last event and I had the one farang that won losing too but I think the young 19 year old Italian got a favorable judges decision to build him up for another Thai fighter to kick his ass.

Why do the farang keep agreeing to fight killers in that promotion when most of the time they get brutally knocked out and are thoroughly outclassed? Other promotions have more even fights between farang and Thais like max and the stadium fights. Then I read how low the pay is like 4k-20k baht to get mismatched and KTFO.

Probably they get what opportunities they can, plus you could become the next guy who randomly knocks out a legend because they were unprepared for a small glove barrage.

Who cares? Thai fight is just a retirement league/showcase league. No top foreign muay thai fighter is willing to challenge them especially with no padded gloves anyway. Who could compete with Thais in muay thai anyway? Muay thai is mainly THAI...The foreigners also fight each other too. And you can watch legends like Saiyok and Saenchai still fight and compete. Plus it keeps young lions like Yodwicha active

Right now I'm just happy there's any muay thai since late august is when the actual competitive stadiums reopen

What's unfortunate is when Thai Fight first started it was actually legit and wasn't the showcase circus that it now is. I believe it is funded by the Thai military, so it's a bit of a propaganda promotion, not that Thai's aren't already better than foreigners at Muay Thai by and large anyways.

I do like that it keeps some of the older guys active and making money. I don't like it when relatively younger guys like Yodwicha are wasted there though.

As to why foreigners take these fights that's actually a pretty good question. I would imagine they are training in Thailand and just taking opportunities given to them, and like @SuperLuigi said hoping to get lucky, or they are potentially just straight up naive about the situation.

Almost every farang lost to the Thais at the last event and I had the one farang that won losing too but I think the young 19 year old Italian got a favorable judges decision to build him up for another Thai fighter to kick his ass.

Why do the farang keep agreeing to fight killers in that promotion when most of the time they get brutally knocked out and are thoroughly outclassed? Other promotions have more even fights between farang and Thais like max and the stadium fights. Then I read how low the pay is like 4k-20k baht to get mismatched and KTFO.

Why would a professional fighter accept a fight?? Is basically the question you're asking. Go watch boxing where it's literally a world champion cherry picking scrubs their entire career. And it's a great opportunity for nak muay to fight on TV and get exposure and more opportunities. Foreigners fight other foreigners and thai fight other thai too

Last edited:
What's unfortunate is when Thai Fight first started it was actually legit and wasn't the showcase circus that it now is. I believe it is funded by the Thai military, so it's a bit of a propaganda promotion, not that Thai's aren't already better than foreigners at Muay Thai by and large anyways.

I do like that it keeps some of the older guys active and making money. I don't like it when relatively younger guys like Yodwicha are wasted there though.

As to why foreigners take these fights that's actually a pretty good question. I would imagine they are training in Thailand and just taking opportunities given to them, and like @SuperLuigi said hoping to get lucky, or they are potentially just straight up naive about the situation.

Muay thai is funded by the thai government

A lot of the farang fighting in that promotion are just looking to build experience. Fighting someone like Saenchai or another of those big names is an opportunity to gain experience vs semi-retired top fighters.

On top of that you keep building your name and stay active.

Why would a professional fighter accept a fight?? Is basically the question you're asking. Go watch boxing where it's literally a world champion cherry picking scrubs their entire career. And it's a great opportunity for nak muay to fight on TV and get exposure and more opportunities. Foreigners fight other foreigners and thai fight other thai too
That's an ignorant take. That might be my question if you boil it down to its bear essence but professional boxers are not making 200 big bucks to get elbowed across the forehead and have 30 stitches and a scar for life.

In any other country in any other promotion it would take some serious money to get a can in the ring to take a dive. Look at the guy they brought in to fight o'malley at ufc last weekend. 30 grand to show when the minimum pay in UFC is 12/12. 200 bucks doesn't even pay for a 2 week fight camp in Thailand.

That's an ignorant take. That might be my question if you boil it down to its bear essence but professional boxers are not making 200 big bucks to get elbowed across the forehead and have 30 stitches and a scar for life.

In any other country in any other promotion it would take some serious money to get a can in the ring to take a dive. Look at the guy they brought in to fight o'malley at ufc last weekend. 30 grand to show when the minimum pay in UFC is 12/12. 200 bucks doesn't even pay for a 2 week fight camp in Thailand.

Clearly you don't understand what the Muay Thai scene is like then if you don't understand why people would want to fight for such low money. If you're in Muay Thai for the money you're in the wrong sport.

Comparing it with boxing or the UFC is like comparing apples and oranges. Besides, not every MMA fighter makes 30 grand to show (or even 12/12), especially outside of the UFC.

Back