THAIFIGHT promotion "GLOVES" GIMMICK

For someone who doesn't seem to know anything about it, you sure spend a lot of time commenting about it.

Yeah that's how stupid gimmickry works

an expert like me that's been involved with kickboxing longer than most of you have been alive who hasn't paid attention to the sport in well over a decade is actually talking about it on the internet again because some jackass came up with a stupid silly gimmick

If I hear have to hear that damn theme song one more time I'm going to go nuts Thai fight Thai fight Thai fight by fight duh duh duh duh duh duh

Lol, i used to dislike Thai Fight but after defending it so much in this thread now i like it more ;)

Also, aren't the long shining pants in above waist kickboxing more gimmicky? Not to mention all the spinning kicks.

Also, aren't the long shining pants in above waist kickboxing more gimmicky? Not to mention all the spinning kicks.

What part of a spinning kick do you consider a gimmick?

This look like a "gimmick" to you?

You need to up your spinning kick game. The guy who delivered the kick got defeated last year by a guy who I was the first person he ever sparred. Needless to say he developed into quite the talent since I sparred him in 2014.

Spinning kicks work sometimes. Usually not that often at high level. Yang Zhuo, Tenshin, Qiu Jian Liang are some fighters that used it successfully at high level. But they use it cautiously, not every couple second like in shining-pants kickboxing. It looks cool, but for the most part it's not the most effective weapon of choice when a wider range of weapons are allowed. A well-timed spinning strike that does the job is great, but when guys throw spinning stuff for the sake of it, that's gimmicky.

Probably on par with Kard Chuek gloves used in Thai Fight.

I think the idea of using open-handed gloves and increasing the grappling to old school levels would be an awesome return to traditional Thai kickboxing values

You need to up your spinning kick game. The guy who delivered the kick got defeated last year by a guy who I was the first person he ever sparred. Needless to say he developed into quite the talent since I sparred him in 2014.

My spinning kicks are brutal as I finished many fights with a deep heel into the sternum off a guy that gave away his round kick a little too early

I agree it's a kick that should be primarily used as a counter or as a surprise

Spinning without an excellent defensive plan is a recipe for disaster

American kickboxing develop their spinning back kick better than any other striking sport

That said the clip you posted is incredible but that certainly wasn't a spinning back kick...it was a 720

what a head kick from a guy so much shorter

EPIC

Now THIS is a spinning back kick + slam ko from the GOAT

Last edited:
Back