The 2020 Heavies Awards: The Shonuf Award (Mod of the Year) - Winner: Zebra Cheeks

Who is your choice for the 2020 Shonuf Mod of the Year Award? (CHOOSE TWO)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
The Heavies Awards
-2020-
The Shonuf Award (MOD OF THE YEAR)

Well, here we are. We've been through all the year-end awards for Fight of the Year and beyond, we've handed the Poster of the Year award to @KazDibiase (well played this year), and we've been through the ringer. Fights are back on TV again! All through this past ridiculous 2020, the Sherdog.com forum staff was nothing short of exceptional, and this is the place to show the love and respect to the team that kept this place afloat while the world was ablaze. For simplicity's sake, these are the staff members that spent most of their time around the Heavies, so if you see a mod not on the list, it's not because we don't love them. These are the Heavies awards. Shoutout to F2.

Please allow me to reintroduce your candidates:

Augustus Caesar
410403.jpg

"Does Mackenzie still speak English by the way? I haven't watched any of her interviews in about a year."

bigwaverider
423029.jpg

"I think Medulla Omoplata was hatched from an egg. Ask him. but then again, what is his birthday? When he was layed as an egg or when he emerged from the egg?"

Dick
60595.jpg

"God bless the KSW ring girls"

helax
437341.jpg

"Yeah. My nose is sympathy hurting right now."

Inverse
415607.jpg

"wtfff lol I wasn't expecting the ankle break and that dude punching himself, LOL"

Jackonfire
239202.jpg

"Are you going to be triggered all night or do you think it will wear off at some point?"

Kung Fu Kowboy
39296.jpg

"Dude died...but opponent was nice to revive him with some CPR punches..."

Slobodan
475585.jpg

"I'm here and i'm wearing my adidas tracksuit"

Valhoven
507467.jpg

"Absolutely chuffed to see a thread on Steve [Cantwell] in 2020 and that some remember. He was markedly hot-cold but when on, he looked fantastic. Had a fan in me, no doubt, but in the end rode off on a Vera-level of expectations unmet.

Tweaked his knee, iirc."

Zebra Cheeks
239026.jpg

"That's how dana looks at every fighter. Like they're a cut of steak he has to sell, and wants to make sure it's good for market"

So, who you got?

I couldn't be happier to work with a great crew like we have this year. It's been trying but thanks to all of these fine lads, the Sherdog Forums have run smoothly this whole time. Here's to a better year in 2021!

@Augustus Caesar @bigwaverider @Dick @helax @Inverse @Jackonfire @Kung Fu Kowboy @Slobodan @Valhoven @Zebra Cheeks -- thanks fellas, for everything.
jeternephew.gif

Cheers buddy. It’s been a great first year as a mod. Glad the ufc is back tomorrow, and I can’t wait to kick off another great year with y’all.

Is it one pick or two? only letting me pick 1 but says 2.

"Who is your vhoice for the 2020 Shonuf Mod of the Year Award? (CHOOSE TWO)"

Also won't let me withdraw my vote now.

Help meh<{RoseRun}>

Mods?

Last edited:

Attachments

• jei-superman.gif
    jei-superman.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 95
I couldn't be happier to work with a great crew like we have this year. It's been trying but thanks to all of these fine lads, the Sherdog Forums have run smoothly this whole time. Here's to a better year in 2021!

@Augustus Caesar @bigwaverider @Dick @helax @Inverse @Jackonfire @Kung Fu Kowboy @Slobodan @Valhoven @Zebra Cheeks -- thanks fellas, for everything.

I'm having issues voting. It wont let me vote. I sent you a video via PM. You can delete this post after you see it.

edit: It is working now

Last edited:
I've voted Jackonfire, cos he nails it with important thread making and I enjoy his posts, and is also a fellow big Nate fan.

2nd choice is hard, i'd have gone with Zebra but I voted him in the Member of The Year, so gonna go with bigwaverider cos he cracked me up bad with the Shoops and also sent me a Merry Christmas post on my Profile Page.

You're all good by me though, good work!
<RomeroSalute>

Hey I gotta give it to @Zebra Cheeks. All of them are great at doing their thing and has done a fantastic job modding. Great and funny guys too. For me they're all equal really. I just got to bond well and had some good talks/sharing with @Zebra Cheeks this past 2020, so this one's for you bud!

Also to @bigwaverider for letting me take my shooping skills in last year's Santa hat thread, which I really enjoyed. And for being a dedicated shoop mod. Everyone can see your hard work. Regards to your dad too.

Cheers guys!

I voted @Zebra Cheeks and @bigwaverider

Good luck guys

I've voted Jackonfire, cos he nails it with important thread making and I enjoy his posts, and is also a fellow big Nate fan.

2nd choice is hard, i'd have gone with Zebra but I voted him in the Member of The Year, so gonna go with bigwaverider cos he cracked me up bad with the Shoops and also sent me a Merry Christmas post on my Profile Page.

You're all good by me though, good work!
<RomeroSalute>

Hey I gotta give it to @Zebra Cheeks. All of them are great at doing their thing and has done a fantastic job modding. Great and funny guys too. For me they're all equal really. I just got to bond well and had some good talks/sharing with @Zebra Cheeks this past 2020, so this one's for you bud!

Also to @bigwaverider for letting me take my shooping skills in last year's Santa hat thread, which I really enjoyed. And for being a dedicated shoop mod. Everyone can see your hard work. Regards to your dad too.

Cheers guys!
<RomeroSalute> I appreciate it my friends. May the JBG bless us tomorrow!

Back