News The 2020 Likepocalypse

Let's be honest if you had just put Wadtucket into some type of digital cage this would never have been a problem.

Alright, here's the deal man. Tech has reset Like counters to zero. They did this because the system was getting too clogged up - you may have noticed serious browsing issues the last few months, and this is why.

Please don't e-suicide your accounts because of this. We know this sucks, and that they meant a lot to some of you, but it was either this or have a janky forum. Parent company went with the former.

Tech has also implemented a limiter for standard accounts, where posters should only be able to like a certain number of posts each day. This also applies to profile posts and comments as well.

Direct quote from Tech:

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/likes-purge.4110639/
Did the admin really say “e-suicide” lol

live your best life my admin!

Being unable to like random pseudo trolling posts kills off half of the Sherdog experience for me. A guy spent like 1 minute to write something relatively funny and you can't give your like to him? That's #1 bullshit.

It really does take away from the experience. It's a way to acknowledge/interact with certain posters if you like their style.

Last edited:
so get rid of likes then if they dont work

resetting everyone to zero hasnt fixed the problem, its just delayed it for another year.. Is this gonna be like AEW where our stats just get reset every january?

tenor.gif

JBhrVZT.gif

Look at the Big Brain on Brett.
giphy.gif

Lol I thought of that as I was writing it

A lot of my threads definitely have that shitposting element

my posts are more serious tho

but I don't really give a shit about likes and going with the herd is the exact opposite of my personality.

My style in general is to challenge the status quo and has a tendency of creating enemies. Basically the opposite of what youd want to be an effective like whore. What is most popular and the group think that goes along with it can at times be the anti thesis of truth.

Honestly my posting is kind of hard to pin down. I give so many different looks from day to day. Way too layered to fit in those parameters.

but I do like to shitpost lol. Different sort of thing than what I described tho
At least you're somewhat self aware nowadays. I was seriously waiting for longer reply telling me how I don't train or whatever else you would have said.

I have to say its a bit odd that a site of this tenure can't manage a functional likes system. I've been a member of a book sharing site for over a decade with roughly half a million members and a like system similar to this one going back the better part of 10 years. If they can manage half a million members going back a decade, I'm puzzled that this site can't.

Frankly I'm indifferent either way, either make the system work so the trolls stay happy or get rid of it completely. what they did over the last few days is a bandaid that will neither keep the members happy or fix the issue.

At least you're somewhat self aware nowadays. I was seriously waiting for longer reply telling me how I don't train or whatever else you would have said.
I'm getting better. I've always been aware. But there's often a gap in how I see things versus how that message is articulated. Especially if I'm off my game which has been pretty often in the last year or more

don't think I've ever said that to you

the training thing was always just really poorly articulated

it was never about making me out to be some God among men or something

it's because people who train and have that foundation typically have a different sort of ability to be objective, impartial and not be significantly clouded by emotions and personal biases.

and I was getting into a lot of arguments who not only seemed to lack anything beyond surface level knowledge, but they were also heavily clouded in bias.

to me I think that's what bringing up training was ever really about

Because so many here fit that description, it was easy to assume as well. But I'm working on not underestimating people

having experience doesn't necessarily mean we are free from bias, but typically far less so.

and you see that conversing with most people here who have a physical and mental foundation or even fighters themselves. It's a lot easier to have a pleasant and reasonable discussion even if you don't necessarily see eye to eye on every point

that just really isn't possible with a lot is people here.

I don't bring up anything anymore unless it's the right moment but I still think what I was trying to say was quite accurate, it just could have been worded much better.

Last edited:
Alright, here's the deal man. Tech has reset Like counters to zero. They did this because the system was getting too clogged up - you may have noticed serious browsing issues the last few months, and this is why.

Please don't e-suicide your accounts because of this. We know this sucks, and that they meant a lot to some of you, but it was either this or have a janky forum. Parent company went with the former.

Tech has also implemented a limiter for standard accounts, where posters should only be able to like a certain number of posts each day. This also applies to profile posts and comments as well.

Direct quote from Tech:

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/likes-purge.4110639/

Oh no my likes :(

I had just reached six million likes after suggesting Connor is GOAT ‍♂️

Is there any reason some older posts can't be liked? I don't remember this being the case when the likepocalypse first happened, but it looks like all posts before it happened can't be liked anymore
BgFoFQs.png

What's the point of that?

I have 1 Like to play with.. so I just keep liking and unliking random posts that I like, just as it was intended to.

As a software developer this makes me a bit sad

Not the easiest problem in the world but come on, there are a couple ways to handle this even with the db limitations, these guys are paid for this

Back