The All Encompassing Drum & Bass Thread - Liquid/Neuro/Darkstep/Hardstyle/Etc.

Drum and Bass on a Boat!

Drum and Bass on a Bike through the city!

This isn't dnb, but I doubt there will ever be a general bass music thread, so...

I heard this upon release in February and it blew my mind. I listen to this from start to finish at least once a week and there's just so much intricate detail and abstract composition techniques that are unique to Little Snake's take on sound design oriented bass music. The closest I have heard people get to this sort of sound before would be Isam by Amon Tobin and El Heredero by Bolten M. Even then, Little Snake is kind of in his own lane (imo)

Hate to revive this but perhaps you could help me.

I remember somewhere around 2019-2020 ish I was on a thread on this site and someone shared music that was similar to this. They mentioned "general bass music" but I searched and couldn't find anything other than this reply. I listened to the Little Snake sample you shared in the comment above and it reminded me of what I'm looking for.

The track was on YouTube and I remember the art showing these two robot-like things kind of clashing together and liquifying. (Pops of brown, green, black for the art) I don't remember any text or names.
The music itself was this low, rhythmic bassline then there was percussion slowly being introduced but the whole track didn't follow any structure if that makes sense. Somewhat similar to this Little Snake stuff but not quite as in your face. Isam by Tobin had similar elements but with the track I'm referring to the bass / sub-bass was the main thing and not so much the weird glitchy samples. I remember this low, mechanical hum for bass with other elements sprinkled throughout. It was unique as hell and I wish I wasn't blasted when I came across the link years ago so I could have at least remembered an artist or track name.

Last edited:
Back