The Anime and Manga Thread v46 [OLD THREAD]

Is Tower of God on break again?
Yes, unfortunately. Sounds like the author's health issues (wrist? I can't remember) are either back or were never 100% resolved last time around.

I finally got into Code Geass. I started it a few times over the years, but it never grabbed me. I didn't like Lelouch at first either, but after booting it back up, it sunk its claws into me around ep 12 or 13. It's around the time the world started opening up and Lelouch
sacrificed the JLF by blowing up their ship. He also buried a bunch a bunch of people in the mountain. He's going all in on liberating Japan.
It's a great sci-fi/supernatural David vs Goliath story. I love the tactics, reminds me of Legend of Galactic Heroes.

I'm almost finished S1, so happy I have 25 more episodes with S2, this only getting better. I'm pretty sure I saw Kallen's tatas too lol.
Code Geass has one of the GOAT endings in anime imo.

Code Geass has one of the GOAT endings in anime imo.
This is my fav type of anime, along the lines of FMAB, AOT, Psycho-Pass, where there's a compelling narrative that starts local/small and slowly becomes part of a larger/global-spanning adventure.

Speaking of Psycho Pass, I can't believe S3 and the sequel film hasn't been dubbed yet.

I tried MHA I got up to season 2 and was bored out of my mind.

I finally got into Code Geass. I started it a few times over the years, but it never grabbed me. I didn't like Lelouch at first either, but after booting it back up, it sunk its claws into me around ep 12 or 13. It's around the time the world started opening up and Lelouch
sacrificed the JLF by blowing up their ship. He also buried a bunch a bunch of people in the mountain. He's going all in on liberating Japan.
It's a great sci-fi/supernatural David vs Goliath story. I love the tactics, reminds me of Legend of Galactic Heroes.

I'm almost finished S1, so happy I have 25 more episodes with S2, this only getting better. I'm pretty sure I saw Kallen's tatas too lol.

Used to be my top anime. Still up there I enjoy the tactics which few anime do.

It only gets better from there, but it might simply not be your jam. I love MHA.

Spy x Family is back from its mid season break.
I will give it another go tonight.

Spy x Family isn't something I would normally watch but honestly it's a ok show. It's pretty wholesome. I haven't wished death upon any of the characters yet. I usually do that when watching a kiddie show.

I will give it another go tonight.

Spy x Family isn't something I would normally watch but honestly it's a ok show. It's pretty wholesome. I haven't wished death upon any of the characters yet. I usually do that when watching a kiddie show.
Try Lycoris Recoil. I enjoyed it so much I finished the entire show in two days.

Seems like a lot of new seasons are coming out for the fall. I can't believe Bleach finally returns this weekend. Somehow I started watching Classroom of the Elite. Only on the second episode of S1 so not sure if I will commit or not. I'm not the type that likes to wait every week for a new episode so keeping myself distracted and away from Bleach, MHA. I still need to finish Kuroko Basketball, but I loss interest right before the final match....

Seems like a lot of new seasons are coming out for the fall. I can't believe Bleach finally returns this weekend. Somehow I started watching Classroom of the Elite. Only on the second episode of S1 so not sure if I will commit or not. I'm not the type that likes to wait every week for a new episode so keeping myself distracted and away from Bleach, MHA. I still need to finish Kuroko Basketball, but I loss interest right before the final match....
Is the new bleach one week at a time or it's one giant drop?

Is the new bleach one week at a time or it's one giant drop?
I’m not sure to be honest. From what I know it premieres on Monday, Oct 10th on Hulu and/or Disney+. If I had to guess since it's Hulu they will release a new episode every week. Of course it it was Netflix then I could see them dumping it all at once. However from what I read it will be split into basically 4 seasons/cores with breaks inbetween. I’m guessing 12+ episodes each. I never read the manga so I have no clue how much content they can cover, but would be nice if we can get 16+ episodes each. I don’t care if it takes 2 years to complete as long as it’s good.

Also just found out Mob Psycho 100 S3 coming out this fall. Can’t wait!

I’m not sure to be honest. From what I know it premieres on Monday, Oct 10th on Hulu and/or Disney+. If I had to guess since it's Hulu they will release a new episode every week. Of course it it was Netflix then I could see them dumping it all at once. However from what I read it will be split into basically 4 seasons/cores with breaks inbetween. I’m guessing 12+ episodes each. I never read the manga so I have no clue how much content they can cover, but would be nice if we can get 16+ episodes each. I don’t care if it takes 2 years to complete as long as it’s good.

Also just found out Mob Psycho 100 S3 coming out this fall. Can’t wait!
I didn't read the manga but for some reason people from another group that read it in said it was disappointing. I am pretty hyped for it regardless.

I've been catching up on some of the series I like to let build and then binge. The last few chapters of Blue Giant were such a gut punch. Damn. Highly recommended series.

I didn't read the manga but for some reason people from another group that read it in said it was disappointing. I am pretty hyped for it regardless.
My cousin who's a super Bleach fan said it's the best arc, but I guess we'll see. Hopefully it won't be as bad as YYH last arc. Honestly I just want to see Kenpachi use Bankai.

My cousin who's a super Bleach fan said it's the best arc, but I guess we'll see. Hopefully it won't be as bad as YYH last arc. Honestly I just want to see Kenpachi use Bankai.
Yea I hope they do him justice in the anime. I seen some spoilers from memes because I thought this anime was pretty much dead. It has been a few years so my memory is fuzzy. I can't wait to see the new animation though. The trailer does look great.

Back