International The anti-Greta Thunberg emerges: German teen YouTuber takes stand against "climate alarmism."

Really which of the posters here is a historical climatologist? Or quoted some info or links.

Why don't you tell us where science has gone wrong regarding the climate?

Please be as specific as possible.

Really which of the posters here is a historical climatologist? Or quoted some info or links.
I don't think anyone, but personally I've read through most of the literature about solar irradiance, glaciation, CO2, aerosols and other factors that effect global warming. It's harder to read the primary literature if you don't have a research degree, but there's plenty of more readily avaliable sources out there for you to look up.

If you legitimately want to look into it from easiest to hardest to understand:

https://www.sciencealert.com/here-s-what-the-science-says-about-five-common-climate-change-myths
https://skepticalscience.com/climate-change-little-ice-age-medieval-warm-period-basic.htm
http://www.realclimate.org/index.ph...mate-has-always-changed-what-do-you-conclude/

Also:
2019GlobalTemps_Bars_F_en_title_lg_900_506_s_c1_c_c.jpg

And this guy here on youtube is probably the best science researcher on the platform as far as climate change goes:

I don't think anyone, but personally I've read through most of the literature about solar irradiance, glaciation, CO2, aerosols and other factors that effect global warming. It's harder to read the primary literature if you don't have a research degree, but there's plenty of more readily avaliable sources out there for you to look up.

If you legitimately want to look into it from easiest to hardest to understand:

https://www.sciencealert.com/here-s-what-the-science-says-about-five-common-climate-change-myths
https://skepticalscience.com/climate-change-little-ice-age-medieval-warm-period-basic.htm
http://www.realclimate.org/index.ph...mate-has-always-changed-what-do-you-conclude/

Also:
2019GlobalTemps_Bars_F_en_title_lg_900_506_s_c1_c_c.jpg

And this guy here on youtube is probably the best science researcher on the platform as far as climate change goes:

I have read lots on the issue myself, it’s funny how so many don’t trust government here on any issue but climate change... When you look at the big picture species come and go on the planet and it has always been that way. Carbon taxes ,Dirty lithium batteries and wind aren’t going to do anything big picture and you know it. The planet will go on evolving like it has before man and it will after we are lone long gone. Why pretend we can reverse it behind our screens. We can’t and it’s better to find ways to adapt and in some instances capitalize on it. Longer food growing seasons etc, one thing we can do is clean up the garbage and plastic.

I have read lots on the issue myself, it’s funny how so many don’t trust government here on any issue but climate change... When you look at the big picture species come and go on the planet and it has always been that way. Carbon taxes ,Dirty lithium batteries and wind aren’t going to do anything big picture and you know it. The planet will go on evolving like it has before man and it will after we are lone long gone. Why pretend we can reverse it behind our screens. We can’t and it’s better to find ways to adapt and in some instances capitalize on it. Longer food growing seasons etc, one thing we can do is clean up the garbage and plastic.
What have you read exactly and did you read some of the links I posted?

I have to say don't agree with the premise. Saying that things have changed before, therefor we shouldn't do anything, isn't really a good argument in my book. That's like saying that because people eventually die, we shouldn't do anything to cure disease.

It's not just about change, it's about the rate of change. If we want to get ahead of this thing we need to do something, because the rate of change is greater than the time we have to adapt to it. Or at least the consequences will be much more devastating, both financially and emotionally. Yes it's true that some places will experience greater yield and food seasons, but that will be offset by more places that will be barren and large areas that will be uninhabitable, either because of temperature, weather conditions or sealevels. Not to mention that high levels of CO2 yield less nutritious foods. If we can reduce CO2 emissions, we get more time to find solutions, and perhaps we can even stop the trend.

I agree with you completely on plastic and garbage, it's a disgrace, but there are also people who throw up their hands with that and claim that we can't reverse it so who cares.

What have you read exactly and did you read some of the links I posted?

I have to say don't agree with the premise. Saying that things have changed before, therefor we shouldn't do anything, isn't really a good argument in my book. That's like saying that because people eventually die, we shouldn't do anything to cure disease.

It's not just about change, it's about the rate of change. If we want to get ahead of this thing we need to do something, because the rate of change is greater than the time we have to adapt to it. Or at least the consequences will be much more devastating, both financially and emotionally. Yes it's true that some places will experience greater yield and food seasons, but that will be offset by more places that will be barren and large areas that will be uninhabitable, either because of temperature, weather conditions or sealevels. Not to mention that high levels of CO2 yield less nutritious foods. If we can reduce CO2 emissions, we get more time to find solutions, and perhaps we can even stop the trend.

I agree with you completely on plastic and garbage, it's a disgrace, but there are also people who throw up their hands with that and claim that we can't reverse it so who cares.
I wasn’t saying throwing up hands I’m saying our impact is a factor yes but that Isn’t the whole picture. The other factors like the sun for instance are non negotiable. My indifference to the whole thing is due to the governments feel good solutions that will really amount to nothing. Electric cars and the manufacturing there of are just as dirty as combustion engine cars and in some ways worse. Mans biggest impact on climate change if you want my opinion is the constant production of goods we don’t really need. Do we need a model of car to come out every single year ? The production of a year model run of cars alone is more damaging than the cars themselves. That’s just one example.

I wasn’t saying throwing up hands I’m saying our impact is a factor yes but that Isn’t the whole picture. The other factors like the sun for instance are non negotiable. My indifference to the whole thing is due to the governments feel good solutions that will really amount to nothing. Electric cars and the manufacturing there of are just as dirty as combustion engine cars and in some ways worse. Mans biggest impact on climate change if you want my opinion is the constant production of goods we don’t really need. Do we need a model of car to come out every single year ? The production of a year model run of cars alone is more damaging than the cars themselves. That’s just one example.
When you say the sun is a factor, that is true, however solar irradiance (energy from the sun) has been either stagnating or declining depending on the data for decades now. It cannot explain the global warming phenomenon the earth is experiencing. https://www.carbonbrief.org/why-the-sun-is-not-responsible-for-recent-climate-change

Well, I agree with over production and consumption of goods. However to know what the exact best plans for reducing CO2 are, I think I would need to defer to people who are smarter than me and study this for a living. Not saying they are always right, but if we engange in good faith discussion about actually solving the issue then a lot can get done. First step is accepting what is happening, and not trying to minimise it.

I really believe you should look through the links or even video I posted. Again, you can be sceptical, but I think it'll at least give you an understanding of where the scientists are coming from.

When you say the sun is a factor, that is true, however solar irradiance (energy from the sun) has been either stagnating or declining depending on the data for decades now. It cannot explain the global warming phenomenon the earth is experiencing. https://www.carbonbrief.org/why-the-sun-is-not-responsible-for-recent-climate-change

Well, I agree with over production and consumption of goods. However to know what the exact best plans for reducing CO2 are, I think I would need to defer to people who are smarter than me and study this for a living. Not saying they are always right, but if we engange in good faith discussion about actually solving the issue then a lot can get done. First step is accepting what is happening, and not trying to minimise it.

I really believe you should look through the links or even video I posted. Again, you can be sceptical, but I think it'll at least give you an understanding of where the scientists are coming from.
I’ll check them out, and thanks for a rational discussion and not resorting to low brow tactics to get your point across.

I’ll check them out, and thanks for a rational discussion and not resorting to low brow tactics to get your point across.
You too! It's appreciated. I don't know if we'll agree in the end, but I understand where you are coming from and there is definitely a lot going on. I don't trust that they know everything that is going to happen yet either, and I hope that it'll be much less severe than the doomsday scenarios, but I think the evidence is strong enough to do something substantially different. Including cleaning up the oceans. Anyway, have a good one.

I'm waiting to support the teen who is in the middle of the two extremes and neither an alarmist nor a denier. The teen who acknowledges that development and economics are important, but also realizes that we must have greater care and respect for the earth and the beings that inhabit it. Hopefully, this reasonable teen is a gay female of colour for maximum progress points.

I'm waiting to support the teen who is in the middle of the two extremes and neither an alarmist nor a denier. The teen who acknowledges that development and economics are important, but also realizes that we must have greater care and respect for the earth and the beings that inhabit it. Hopefully, this reasonable teen is a gay female of colour for maximum progress points.

I don't see where she is saying we shouldn't have care and respect for the earth.

I doubt you will see Malala taking photos with the conservative back climate change denier.

I doubt you will see Malala taking photos with the conservative back climate change denier.

Greta would look better with a moustache.....

Fine, lets attack a 17 year old*** girl with autism then.

LOL!!! And here it is. This guy is doing exactly what Greta was intended to be....a puppet. "Oh noes, you can't criticize her because she has autism. Derpa Derpa derp!!!". First of all, she's almost an adult, so you can throw that "she's a kid" bullshit out the window. Second of all, if she's going to wade into politics and stand for something that seems to be polarized, then she's fair game. One of the cringiest fucking things I've ever seen was her fake crying and "how dare you" speech. Good hell was that cringy.

But it's interesting to see how people like you are so easily influenced and indoctrinated with your "she has autism, don't criticize her" shtick.

Don't be that guy, bro. Just don't.

Back