The Best Heavyweight Kickboxer of All-Time?

User9992

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
The Best Heavyweight Kickboxer of All-Time?

Not in terms of legacy, longetivity, fame but in terms of actually being 'The Best'?

Semmy Schilt, Rico Verhoeven, Badr Hari, Peter Aerts, Jerome Le Boanner, Ernesto Hoost, Remy Bonjasky, Zabit Samedov et al.

If you mean who in thier prime/ peak would have the highest winning percentage over the rest of the division's greats in their primes in hypothetical head to head match ups, I'd say Semmy then probably Ernesto. Aerts, Hari, Remmy, Lebanner and even Rico would also likely have higher winning percentages.

Last edited:
How many of those threads have been created already in the past few months, do people not know what the search function is?

Idk heavy always been garbo but back in the day when they used to only promote heavys I'd say Andy Hug (RIP). He was a modern day middle weight who tooled and beat giants. So either him or Aerts because Aerts kept fighting the whole duration of old school K1. I personally always thought Hoost was overrated personally. Was KOd too much before during and after his prime for me to say GOAT. Retired too early to claim that IMO. Plus the Sapp losses were embarrassing even if Sapp was a steroid monster at the time

Idk heavy always been garbo but back in the day when they used to only promote heavys I'd say Andy Hug (RIP). He was a modern day middle weight who tooled and beat giants. So either him or Aerts because Aerts kept fighting the whole duration of old school K1. I personally always thought Hoost was overrated personally. Was KOd too much before during and after his prime for me to say GOAT. Retired too early to claim that IMO. Plus the Sapp losses were embarrassing even if Sapp was a steroid monster at the time
Hoost had the most wins when K-1 was the most popular, so it became a very standard answer that a lot of people remembered. As others caught up to his accomplishments it became harder to ignore the losses imo.

Every heavyweight has losses to other relevant heavyweights in the discussion. On any given day I would take either Semmy because of his combination of size and skill and his very high win percentage, or Hoost because he is well-sized and went blow for blow with bob sapp but is still highly skilled. Hoost has a number of losses but his win percentage is still very high and he has an impressive number of wins for a non-thai fighter. All of Hoost's wins seem to be dated and accounted for also, unlike some fighters records like badr hari!

I'll just edit and add that my third HW would be prime Ubereem and that should be self explanatory. I think you get a big drop-off after those three.

For me its Peter Aerts
3x K-1 WGP champion, 3x runner up(when he was past his prime)

17 years fighting on the highest level of the sport on the K-1 WGP´s, no one did it

He was also the only man who could ever stand up and have competitive fights and beating the most dominating HW kickboxer Schilt out of 2 K-1 WGP editions probable wins(Schilt was a beast in these tournaments), the most memorable was in 2010 semi finals, where Aerts was old as fuck, that fight was pure heart...

For me its Peter Aerts
3x K-1 WGP champion, 3x runner up(when he was past his prime)

17 years fighting on the highest level of the sport on the K-1 WGP´s, no one did it

He was also the only man who could ever stand up and have competitive fights and beating the most dominating HW kickboxer Schilt out of 2 K-1 WGP editions probable wins(Schilt was a beast in these tournaments), the most memorable was in 2010 semi finals, where Aerts was old as fuck, that fight was pure heart...
Yesterday during Schilt’s inducting into Glory’s HOF, Schilt even admitted that Aerts was his kryptonite. Cool to hear from a legend

Yesterday during Schilt’s inducting into Glory’s HOF, Schilt even admitted that Aerts was his kryptonite. Cool to hear from a legend
Aerts was 3-2 against him, probably, aside from Ignashov 1-0 against him on the beggining of his KB career and considering that shitty fight with Hong Man Choi, aerts was indeed his hardest opposition

How many of those threads have been created already in the past few months, do people not know what the search function is?

The problem with the Search function on the SD these days is these knob-ass moderators who delete your post due to a "necrobump". It doesn't matter when the discussion was started, if you have a valid point you should be free to express it in an already established thread vice just making another one cuz reasons!

Sorry, I get real uppity on that one.

1 Hoost
2 Aerts
3 Bonjasky
4 Schilt
5 Lebanner
6 Cikatic
7 Hari
8 Hug
9 Hunt
10 Verhoeven
11 Sefo
12 Ignashov
13 Musashi
14 Overeem
15 Greco
16 Fietosa
17 Saki
18 Crocop
19 Leko
20 Ghita
21 Bernardo
22 Filho
23 Mo
24 Roufus
25 Kaman (hw lhw)
26 Manhoef
27 Spong (hw lhw)
Zamedov? Top 50/75?

Last edited:
Lumberjack, Semmy, Hoost.
Any order is okay, but like that for today.

Back