Television THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER Discussion

If you have seen the whole season of FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER, how would you rate it?

• Total voters

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: December 10, 2020

Official Trailer for THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER! Premiering March 19, 2021 [Updated]

Update: October 30, 2018

Winter Soldier and Falcon Limited Series in the Works with Malcolm Spellman to Pen Script

4vqb572.jpg

Marvel heroes Falcon and Winter Soldier are teaming up for a potential limited series at the Disney streaming service.

Variety has learned exclusively that Malcolm Spellman has been tapped to write a series featuring the two superheroes, which is currently in development at the streamer. It is the first of the proposed Marvel limited series to find a writer.

Falcon and Winter Soldier, played by Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan respectively, have both appeared in multiple Marvel films to date, including the recent blockbuster “Avengers: Infinity War.”

While Winter Soldier was a key character in the second “Captain America” film, the character who became the Winter Solider — Bucky Barnes — first appeared in the original “Captain America” film in 2011. Falcon made his first appearance in “Captain America: The Winter Soldier.”

Spellman previously worked as a writer and co-executive producer on the hit Fox series “Empire” and wrote the screenplay for the feature film “Our Family Wedding.” He is repped by CAA and Industry Entertainment Partners

News of the development comes after Varietyexclusively reported that Marvel and Disney were prepping multiple limited series centered on characters from the Marvel Cinematic Universe who had yet to appear in their own standalone films. At that time, it was reported that characters like Loki and Scarlet Witch would also be the subject of their own limited series. The series are expected to be six to eight episodes.

Unlike other Marvel shows like “Daredevil” and “The Punisher,” the series on the Disney streaming service will be produced by Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige, who has headed up the MCU for years. The shows are also expected to have large budgets compared to other television projects.

The news also comes as Netflix canceled Marvel shows “Iron Fist” and “Luke Cage,” which both ran for two seasons. The two street-level heroes were part of the four-hero crew that made up the limited Netflix series “The Defenders,” which included Daredevil and Jessica Jones. “Jessica Jones” has already been renewed for a third season, while “Daredevil” launched its third season earlier this month. “The Punisher” was renew

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/falcon-winter-soldier-limited-series-marvel-1203015438/

Unlike other Marvel shows like “Daredevil” and “The Punisher,” the series on the Disney streaming service will be produced by Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige, who has headed up the MCU for years. The shows are also expected to have large budgets compared to other television projects.
Now that's what i'm talking about!!

Man, Disney tryna to make it hard to not get their service.

Malcolm Spellman’s writing credits definitely aren’t anything to write home about, to put it lightly.

Fak Disney and thier streaming service.

I'd rather see a Cap-Bucky romantic series.

steve___bucky_by_liuyuchi-d7oqcf2.jpg

tumblr_n41nfq7f0N1tt7g2go1_1280.png

Wait, what?

Man, Disney tryna to make it hard to not get their service.
Yup.

They will splash some money now to try and draw in and hook subscribers who they hope will then stay.

I am excited to see what they do.

I really wish they'd make Bucky great again but partnering with Falcon means a lot of comedy. He's lost all that intensity he had in Winter Soldier.

I'll still watch.. lol

I really wish they'd make Bucky great again but partnering with Falcon means a lot of comedy. He's lost all that intensity he had in Winter Soldier.

I'll still watch.. lol
Intensity level on a Disney owned streaming service is probably going to underwhelm.

I'm expecting them to substitute odd-couple buddy cop dynamic for the gritty espionage thriller vibe I really want out of these characters, though.

Intensity level on a Disney owned streaming service is probably going to underwhelm.

I'm expecting them to substitute odd-couple buddy cop dynamic for the gritty espionage thriller vibe I really want out of these characters, though.

The espionage thriller thing is kind of boring me recently. Buddy cop all the way IMO

Hope they give it the budget it needs otherwise Falcon's gonna look turrrible. Either that or loads of shots of him just landing and taking off.

2 possible Captain replacements though. Interesting stuff.

Pass.

It will be cancelled after two seasons

Back