Television THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER Discussion

If you have seen the whole season of FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I wonder if falcon is gonna get the super serum by the end of the show. So he can be new cap in the movies

Most likely yes. I believe Zimo made a version of it in the comics and he will be in this series. So the show probably is about him escaping prison, them going after him, him creating the serum and using it, then Mackie has to use it to defeat him. Or some such.

Falcon doesn't get the serum.

He absolutely can still be a baseline human. It's not the serum that makes Captain America.

I've struggled with this entire line of Falcon becoming Captain America because while I agree what that the Super Serum does not make Captain America, he is also not Captain America without out. Not in any meaningful way. He is a dead scrawny kid.

We cannot deny the super serum is what makes him tough and physically resilient which enhances his natural mental toughness and strategic abilities.

The pre serum Steve would have taken a ton of beatings and shown great heart doing so but is not winning a single fight against anyone able bodied.

Anyway I never saw the comic run of Falcon as Cap and never knew it happened so when I brought this up the last time someone showed me this pic

aikoaiham_10_5_2019_9_59_59_516.jpg

of it basically being Falcon with a shield. If that is to be the case then I can see an already formidable Falcon just getting better. But if he loses the wing suit he drops significantly from his current hero standing in terms of efficacy. Frank Grillo, alone kicks his ass, and Crossbones just walks thru him on the way to fight a real threat.

I've struggled with this entire line of Falcon becoming Captain America because while I agree what that the Super Serum does not make Captain America, he is also not Captain America without out. Not in any meaningful way. He is a dead scrawny kid.

We cannot deny the super serum is what makes him tough and physically resilient which enhances his natural mental toughness and strategic abilities.

The pre serum Steve would have taken a ton of beatings and shown great heart doing so but is not winning a single fight against anyone able bodied.

Anyway I never saw the comic run of Falcon as Cap and never knew it happened so when I brought this up the last time someone showed me this pic

of it basically being Falcon with a shield. If that is to be the case then I can see an already formidable Falcon just getting better. But if he loses the wing suit he drops significantly from his current hero standing in terms of efficacy. Frank Grillo, alone kicks his ass, and Crossbones just walks thru him on the way to fight a real threat.
Steve Rogers has the super soldier serum. Sam Wilson has his suit. Sam isn't going to drop the suit. Just because he is the New Cap, doesn't mean he stops using what brought him to the table.

Agreed. I've said it before; give Sam the Shield and put him in in the elevator filled with Hydra agents, or against the Winter Soldier, or against Tony in the final Civil War tag team match, and he loses every single one of those fights. Badly. Hell, Winter Soldier threw him off the Helicarrier and nearly killed him.

Sam is a highly decorated Para-Rescue Airman, which in real world terms is about as tough as you can get. He's also a genuinely decent guy. In moral terms he's the perfect fit for Captain America. In terms of fighting ability, it's like giving a high school State Champion quarterback Tom Brady's uniform and expecting him to lead a team in the NFL.

I don't think this is a problem as long as Falcon has the wing suit. As other people noted, I think there's a 0% chance he gets the serum.

Now I do see the potential of a plotline where Sam sans-suit does have to prove his mettle and show he deserves the faith Steve placed in him by giving him the shield.

Glad Zemo is coming back. Although I'm kind of afraid they're going to be cheap and have him "break out" so Falcon and Bucky have to chase him. That would be (to me) betraying his arc in Civil War and turning him into a bog standard baddie.

Baron Zemo, with purple mask and all, apparently will be the villain of the show.

7yqNiGK.jpg

Eyswqx4.jpg

hmmmm

I'll let this marinate before I bite in

This will be a Buddy Cop , or Heroes for hire done right type deal, minus the hiring part.

Sam is a highly decorated Para-Rescue Airman, which in real world terms is about as tough as you can get. He's also a genuinely decent guy. In moral terms he's the perfect fit for Captain America. In terms of fighting ability, it's like giving a high school State Champion quarterback Tom Brady's uniform and expecting him to lead a team in the NFL.
It reminds me of the end of Dark Knight Rises and Bruce passing off the mantle to Joseph Gordan Levitt.

Bruce: Highly trained assassin with multi-million dollar tech
JGL: Rookie cop

I'd give JGL 2 hours as Batman before he gets killed.

Baron Zemo, with purple mask and all, apparently will be the villain of the show.

7yqNiGK.jpg

Eyswqx4.jpg

Not sure I like the mask idea. What made Zemo impressive is that he was a well trained, highly motivated ex-spy with no superpowers who was able to cause the Avengers to implode through sheer cunning and manipulation. Unless there's a good in-universe reason for him putting on the mask, they shouldn't do it.

Not sure I like the mask idea. What made Zemo impressive is that he was a well trained, highly motivated ex-spy with no superpowers who was able to cause the Avengers to implode through sheer cunning and manipulation. Unless there's a good in-universe reason for him putting on the mask, they shouldn't do it.
Does the mask give Zemo powers and if so what?

Does the mask give Zemo powers and if so what?

Not in the comics. Comic Zemo is a very different character; a Nazi who fought Captain America in WWII. The mask was permanently attached to his face when it was doused in an experimental form of adhesive.

Update: August 23, 2019

Wyatt Russell Cast as U.S. Agent in THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER

VowEBZD.jpg

Among a whole plethora of announcements about Marvel Studios' Disney+ shows made at D23 already, Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige dropped a pretty big bombshell about The Falcon and The Winter Soldier. As some had suspected in the wake of a Steve Rogers-less world, it appears the upcoming Disney+ show will introduce one John Walker — probably more commonly known as U.S. Agent.

Walker will be played by Wyatt Russell, most recently of JJ Abram's Overlord fame. Coincidentally enough, Russell also happens to be the child of another name you might know — Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 star Kurt Russell. In addition to Russell joining the cast, both Daniel Brühl and Emily VanCamp have been confirmed to be reprising their roles as Baron Helmut Zemo and Agent Sharon Carter, respectively.

As the name suggests, U.S. Agent/John Walker was turned into a pseudo-Captain America experiment to work solely on behalf of the United States government. He did, however, make his comics debut as the supervillain Super-Patriot so it's yet to be revealed if Russell's take will be friend or foe to the new Captain America (Anthony Mackie) and Winter Soldier (Sebastian Stan). As with most things at this stage in development, Marvel Studios remains pretty hush on the storyline, though Stan previously did tease what fans could expect.

"I think it's time for Bucky to go out there and have an identity outside of the circumstances that we've met him through," Stan said. "So, I don't know, he might do all kinds of things. He might even go on a date. I don't know. Scary world out there, you know? Apps, things like that. I don't know what he's gonna do. I can't see him on an iPhone...I think it's gonna be a lot of dealing with Anthony's character and Anthony himself which is always another character."

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/0...tt-russell-falcon-winter-soldier-disney-plus/

Back