Television THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER Discussion

If you have seen the whole season of FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
US Agent sounds good. Will need some info on his origin though because I wasn't reading comics then.

It would be good if this show featured more of the Captain America cast of characters.

tumblr_o6rawnCIbO1ro7d57o2_500.gif

Update: August 25, 2019

THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLIDER Promo Poster Features New Look for Bucky

EC1f5WmUcAAvOkR.jpg

US Agent sounds good. Will need some info on his origin though because I wasn't reading comics then.

It would be good if this show featured more of the Captain America cast of characters.

Really bad summary:

US Agent. AKA John Walker. Obtained Super human strength from a guy named the power broker. Ends up becoming The Super Patriot with his side kicks the buckies. Fast forward a bit, Steve Rogers tells the government to go fuck themselves and gets stripped of the title of Captain america. Cap keeps heroing it up using a Black White and Red costume, calls himself the Captain. The commission of superhuman affairs gives Walker the title of Captain America and he royally fucks the whole thing up, goes crazy, kills a bunch of people after his parents get killed, when the buckies reveal his identity on tv.

Walker loses the role of Cap, it goes back to Rogers, Walker takes the Black white and red costume that Rogers had been using and calls himself the US Agent.

He's a Patriotic Psychopath that can tear a car in half.

This was right when I stated reading Captain America.

I do not understand how Falcon can hold it? Do they finally replicate the Super Serum and give it to him because otherwise he is so physical inferior to Cap in every way that it makes no sense. His powers now come from the wing suit and tech but he is otherwise normal in every way and gets his assed kicked by normal rogues.

Bucky is pretty much Cap's equal in physicality and his new vibranium arm arguably gives him a Cap upgrade once you give him the Shield too.

Only Bucky makes sense imo, but tell me how it could be Falcon if someone disagrees?

It really made no sense to give that shield to anyone but Bucky. They ruined that moment for me because it should have been Buck to get the shield. Falcon has his own thing going with his flying and shit. Like you said Bucky is pretty much just like Cap.

Anyone even remember Anthony Mackie was in the Hurt Locker? I saw the movie over the weekend again and I forgot he was even in it. He was good in it too

It really made no sense to give that shield to anyone but Bucky. They ruined that moment for me because it should have been Buck to get the shield. Falcon has his own thing going with his flying and shit. Like you said Bucky is pretty much just like Cap.
People in the thread explained to me he will be Falcon with the Shield, which I did not know.

Falcon is formidable with the Wing suit so give him the Shield and I guess he is more so.

But still I struggle to see Falcon with a Shield as Captain America. I think the Captain America part just gets lost in there. Bucky was still the better choice IMO.

People in the thread explained to me he will be Falcon with the Shield, which I did not know.

Falcon is formidable with the Wing suit so give him the Shield and I guess he is more so.

But still I struggle to see Falcon with a Shield as Captain America. I think the Captain America part just gets lost in there. Bucky was still the better choice IMO.

In that case it makes it even more pointless for cap to give him the shield. If he's not going to take on the mantle of Captain America than give it someone who is. Bucky had a horrible past I'm sure he would be glad to give all that up and have a resurgence as Captain America.

Really bad summary:

US Agent. AKA John Walker. Obtained Super human strength from a guy named the power broker. Ends up becoming The Super Patriot with his side kicks the buckies. Fast forward a bit, Steve Rogers tells the government to go fuck themselves and gets stripped of the title of Captain america. Cap keeps heroing it up using a Black White and Red costume, calls himself the Captain. The commission of superhuman affairs gives Walker the title of Captain America and he royally fucks the whole thing up, goes crazy, kills a bunch of people after his parents get killed, when the buckies reveal his identity on tv.

Walker loses the role of Cap, it goes back to Rogers, Walker takes the Black white and red costume that Rogers had been using and calls himself the US Agent.

He's a Patriotic Psychopath that can tear a car in half.

This was right when I stated reading Captain America.

The scene where his parents get taken hostage by a right wing terrorist group is chilling. IIRC, Walker kills them all with his bare hands and saves his parents...except it's a hallucination caused by severe psychological trauma. While he did manage to kill the terrorists, he wasn't quite fast enough to save his mom and dad. The final panel is Walker holding their corpses in his arms and cheerfully talking to them...:eek:

Last edited:
The scene where his parents get taken hostage by a right wing terrorist group is chilling. IIRC, Walker kills them all with his bare hands and saves his parents...except it's a hallucination caused by severe psychological trauma. While he did manage to kill the terrorists, he wasn't quite fast enough to save his mom and dad. The final panel his him holding their corpses in his arms and cheerfully talking to them...:eek:
He was the poster child for ptsd, before we knew what ptsd was.

So Winter Soldier won rock, paper, scissors to be Cap Am?

Aside from maybe war machine
I dont think they could have paired up two hero’s I give less fucks about

Sorry Marvel

I always liked US Agent. Great subject matter. Some really good writers would straight fuck his shit up because he was supposed to have conservative views and they couldn't get into that headspace or couldn't pass up the opportunity to make that camp look terrible.

One of the big things about Walker when he was introduced was that he served during peace time and didn't re-enlist as he didn't see the point. He was military but didn't see action until he got the costume and powers. I wonder how they'll handle him now that we've had guys deployed for nearly 20 years.

New set photos featuring Bucky, Sharon Carter and Baron Zemo.

EOARIXXUEAAzZ5S

EOARIXUVUAAEHeq

EOARIXTUwAASAvW

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back