Crime The Gabby Petito case.

This. Christ guys, never, ever, ever talk to cops unless you have to. If they stop you in traffic and it's not apparent why, ask if you are being detained and leave if you can. Ask them if you're legally allowed to leave and just go (if you are, I mean).

Do not ever try to help them. They are not trying to help you. Their job is to detect crime, and they're looking for it everywhere.

If they show up to your house, do not let them in. If they say they have a warrant, ask to see it, and if they do, let them in but don't talk to them without a lawyer. If they don't have a warrant tell them they do not have permission to enter.

Guilty or innocent, most of the time the people who end up in prison are the ones who said too much, not too little.

They don't care about you. Stay out of their way and out of their crosshairs. Stay out of trouble, but if for any reason they start talking to you, don't talk to them.

Whoa wait a minute. I agree with your overall attitude, especially when it comes to higher crimes. But if you are pulled over for speeding or something else, its ALWAYS better to be nice and do as they say to try and get out of the ticket. Doing what you said you are 100% getting a ticket and they might fuck with you and try and nail you with more.

Whoa wait a minute. I agree with your overall attitude, especially when it comes to higher crimes. But if you are pulled over for speeding or something else, its ALWAYS better to be nice and do as they say to try and get out of the ticket. Doing what you said you are 100% getting a ticket and they might fuck with you and try and nail you with more.
That's not what I said at all. I might not have emphasized it enough but I'm not talking about an occasion in which you've broken the law. If they pull you over, and you don't know why, and they won't tell you what law you broke, I think you should ask them if you did break a law, and then ask if you can leave if they can't give you an answer.

I say this because this actually happened to me. I was, to the best of my knowledge, going the speed limit but I got pulled over. I thought to myself "I must have been speeding and just not realized it." The officer kept grilling me and saying I was tearing around but when he said "do you even know how fast you were going?" I genuinely asked what it was, and he wouldn't answer. I asked him if I was speeding, and he wouldn't answer me. I asked him if I had broken ANY laws and he said that he was going to keep an eye on me. At that point I asked him to either give me a ticket or let me go. He said he was going to let me go with a warning. I asked "a warning for what?", and he walked away. He got in his car and zoomed by me. I was left wondering if I was in trouble but after a while I figured out he just didn't like my PA plates-- I had recently moved to Florida.

And finally, the race angle. Maybe so many women of color go missing and don’t catch that media attention because there is so much violence and murder in the community. Missing black women get lost in the sea of violence. There are so many black people killed in shootings that a missing woman from Chicago is not going to receive national attention. Just like shootings happen so often in the black community that the only time it becomes national news is when a cop kills a black person. Cop kills white people very rarely get any attention, but every black man shot by police is the potential next big story. I think the media hopes this is the case because protests and anger are good clickbait stories. Again, to go back to the sheer number of black males women and children shot, their communities can’t seem to muster the same leve of rage and caring unless it is a cop that shoots someone-even when that person is armed and a lifelong piece of shit

And ultimately, it is up to the media and what stories they decide to run with and what stories catch the attention of social media.

This is where the bias comes from.
Not every black person lives in the gang infested slums of Chicago or Baltimore. If you watched the news, you would think that black people only live in gang war lands.
40% of blacks live in the suburbs, and another 10% or so live in rural areas. How many stories do you see about black people in the suburbs?

Typically, when the news covers black people, it's about racism, or police violence, or something going on "in the hood" and "black on black crime"...these larger narratives that we see in the media.
The story always has to be about race whenever covering blacks....and not just covering human stories.

There's an assumption that black kids runaway, or their disappearances are crime related....as if black kids can't get kidnapped, have accidents, or be victims of crimes that have nothing to do with all of these media and political narratives.
You, and others form your opinions on blacks based off of all these sensational stories about "the hood", when most blacks don't actually live there...there's just a higher concentration compared to other races. And it gets more attention because it's the only time media covers us.
And that has created a national bias in how people see blacks as a whole.

that’s not a problem to you? <Lmaoo>

“just do whatever they say and you’ll be alright” it’s so fucking dumb the shit you guys come up with

that’s not a problem to you? <Lmaoo>

“just do whatever they say and you’ll be alright” it’s so fucking dumb the shit you guys come up with

what? If you are pulled over for speeding, what exactly would YOU do if not listen to the cops and be nice to try and get out of it? The only time you should be using the word dumb is when referring to yourself my man.

what? If you are pulled over for speeding, what exactly would YOU do if not listen to the cops and be nice to try and get out of it?
if i was actually speeding, yeah maybe i would do that. if i wasnt, then yes, i’m doing exactly what that other dude said.
The only time you should be using the word dumb is when referring to yourself my man.
did you just literally “i know you are but what am i” me? <Lmaoo>

Not every black person lives in the gang infested slums of Chicago or Baltimore. If you watched the news, you would think that black people only live in gang war lands.
40% of blacks live in the suburbs, and another 10% or so live in rural areas. How many stories do you see about black people in the suburbs?

Typically, when the news covers black people, it's about racism, or police violence, or something going on "in the hood" and "black on black crime"...these larger narratives that we see in the media.
The story always has to be about race whenever covering blacks....and not just covering human stories.

There's an assumption that black kids runaway, or their disappearances are crime related....as if black kids can't get kidnapped, have accidents, or be victims of crimes that have nothing to do with all of these media and political narratives.
You, and others form your opinions on blacks based off of all these sensational stories about "the hood", when most blacks don't actually live there...there's just a higher concentration compared to other races. And it gets more attention because it's the only time media covers us.

I am talking about media attention, or the lack of it, and possible reasons for it. I don’t watch the news because I hate their format. I check the news on fb and if a story catches my interest, I read it and if it is something that I want to read more about, I will search for it. Crime stories or stories about outrage are what I click on, so fb algorithm feeds me only that stuff, and since I don’t watch the news, that’s all I see. But as I said in an earlier post, I can’t remember the last story of a missing black person that I read unless
It involved some controversy I wouldn’t click on a missing person story and not many missing person stories capture national attention. This girl’s story did, probably because she was beautiful is my guess.

I form my opinions on my interactions, which outside of my former profession, have been largely positive. I work in a mostly black workplace and it is really nice to not be in an adversarial role, but when I was a leo, I had to deal with the thugs all the time and my only interactions were with the criminal element. I am not going to give you the “I have a lot black friends” line because I don’t. I live in a pretty homogeneous area and outside of the academic arena, we have few minorities, which is one of the things I hate about my area. It really limits the food selection. I would kill to have a Thai restaurant here, or Korean, Indian, Turkish, or soul food.

I get that, and you are right. I mentioned earlier that I can’t remember a missing persons case of a black person missing that made national headlines like this chick. I guess it is because she was beautiful and the cryptic texts and stuff made for a good story is why it took off like it did. But I objected to Reid’s “missing white woman syndrome” bullshit. She is complaining about the lack of coverage and she has a platform and she can start a missing person of the week story if she wants, but she won’t.

As for the other stuff, I think one would have to be pretty ignorant to believe that black people only live in the hood. But the ones that do live in the hood are a very serious public relations issue because of the violence and crime and it casts a big shadow, unfortunately. It is the same with police-the bad ones leave more of an impression than the good ones even though the bad ones are such a small number.

As for what I said about the number of missing black women, that number is currently around 64,000. So maybe that is the issue is that there are so many that no one knows who to pick to cover as a story. I just know that they seem to pick attractive women that go missing under mysterious circumstances.

And I don’t form my opinions based upon sensationalized stories in the press. I based my opinions about people of any race upon my experiences as a leo. I am pretty damn good at spotting the shady people, but I am also pretty damn good at differentiating the good people from the bad. I have biases and I lean on them in a pinch, same as everyone I guess, but I try not to let those guide how I treat people. That was one unfortunate aspect of being a leo is that I usually only dealt with the dregs of society-and when you live in such a homogenous area as I do (6% pop is black) it is hard to not have bias when the only black people you deal with are criminals, and as you said, it is what many people see on the news and once that opinion is formed, it is difficult to erase. I think what hurts even more is that you will see “bloody weekend in Chicago-89 people shot, 14 dead” and with few exceptions, both the suspects and victims are black. And my thoughts are that since there is no outrage or national marches over all this violence in the community, why would anyone else care about the violence. Meanwhile, a cop in the same city shoots an armed man and there are people in the streets marching and protesting but they don’t bother with the dozens of people shot in the same weekend in that city even when the victims are women and children’s.

Ah yes the modern race baiting media.

White kills black guy - racism against blacks
Black guy kills black guy - systemic racisms fault
White guys kills white girl - racism against minorities at play once again

I am talking about media attention, or the lack of it, and possible reasons for it. I don’t watch the news because I hate their format. I check the news on fb and if a story catches my interest, I read it and if it is something that I want to read more about, I will search for it. Crime stories or stories about outrage are what I click on, so fb algorithm feeds me only that stuff, and since I don’t watch the news, that’s all I see. But as I said in an earlier post, I can’t remember the last story of a missing black person that I read unless
It involved some controversy I wouldn’t click on a missing person story and not many missing person stories capture national attention. This girl’s story did, probably because she was beautiful is my guess.

I form my opinions on my interactions, which outside of my former profession, have been largely positive. I work in a mostly black workplace and it is really nice to not be in an adversarial role, but when I was a leo, I had to deal with the thugs all the time and my only interactions were with the criminal element. I am not going to give you the “I have a lot black friends” line because I don’t. I live in a pretty homogeneous area and outside of the academic arena, we have few minorities, which is one of the things I hate about my area. It really limits the food selection. I would kill to have a Thai restaurant here, or Korean, Indian, Turkish, or soul food.

I get that, and you are right. I mentioned earlier that I can’t remember a missing persons case of a black person missing that made national headlines like this chick. I guess it is because she was beautiful and the cryptic texts and stuff made for a good story is why it took off like it did. But I objected to Reid’s “missing white woman syndrome” bullshit. She is complaining about the lack of coverage and she has a platform and she can start a missing person of the week story if she wants, but she won’t.

As for the other stuff, I think one would have to be pretty ignorant to believe that black people only live in the hood. But the ones that do live in the hood are a very serious public relations issue because of the violence and crime and it casts a big shadow, unfortunately. It is the same with police-the bad ones leave more of an impression than the good ones even though the bad ones are such a small number.

As for what I said about the number of missing black women, that number is currently around 64,000. So maybe that is the issue is that there are so many that no one knows who to pick to cover as a story. I just know that they seem to pick attractive women that go missing under mysterious circumstances.

And I don’t form my opinions based upon sensationalized stories in the press. I based my opinions about people of any race upon my experiences as a leo. I am pretty damn good at spotting the shady people, but I am also pretty damn good at differentiating the good people from the bad. I have biases and I lean on them in a pinch, same as everyone I guess, but I try not to let those guide how I treat people. That was one unfortunate aspect of being a leo is that I usually only dealt with the dregs of society-and when you live in such a homogenous area as I do (6% pop is black) it is hard to not have bias when the only black people you deal with are criminals, and as you said, it is what many people see on the news and once that opinion is formed, it is difficult to erase. I think what hurts even more is that you will see “bloody weekend in Chicago-89 people shot, 14 dead” and with few exceptions, both the suspects and victims are black. And my thoughts are that since there is no outrage or national marches over all this violence in the community, why would anyone else care about the violence. Meanwhile, a cop in the same city shoots an armed man and there are people in the streets marching and protesting but they don’t bother with the dozens of people shot in the same weekend in that city even when the victims are women and children’s.

Oh to be clear, I am not accusing you personally of anything.
I didn't mean for it to sound like I was personally questioning YOUR knowledge or watching habits.
My point is, is that the media tends to cover black people in a particular way. Stories that involve black people often have a "black" angle to them. They don't cover black people like just, people. There's always a racial angle to it. I'm not saying it's intentional. And while I don't like Joy Reid, I don't think her point was a bitterness to Gabby, or to say that something intentional was going on either.
I don't think the bias is intentional. I know that there are serious problems in some areas, so I'm not downplaying those problems, or saying that they don't exist. But when the media ONLY covers those problems, it creates an image that isn't accurate of the whole. It's more a natural result of a media that thrives off of sensationalism.
You don't have to be white to have these biases. The biases work on all of us. Blacks are watching the same news everyone else is, and are susceptible to the same biases.

I think a lot of people are pretty ignorant on things involving other people/communities. I doubt most people would've been able to tell me the breakdown of how many blacks live in poverty/gang areas vs. the suburbs, or that they've even ever thought about it. Which is natural.
But the image that is presented is that blacks are either constantly oppressed and killed by cops, or constantly trapped in some gang war, when neither picture is really accurate.
And when that's the only story that is being told, that's the only thing that people think about.

There are attractive black people that go missing. There are black kids that go missing, get kidnapped, get molested, etc. It's just not covered. This has been a problem for Native American women as well. I'm sure there's some attractive victims with some interesting stories there as well. Reid can do more, and hopefully going forward, she and other do so.
I get why Gabby's story got attention. People are just questioning why other people NEVER get any attention. Off the top of my head, i think black people are like 35-40% of the missing people, so it's not like what is being said is some outlandish untruth. But it all gets put in this "black" category, which is "gang/hood violence", instead of just stories of missing people, child abductions, etc.
Again, I don't think it's intentional, but it is feeding into this lopsided way of how people see these things.

Oh to be clear, I am not accusing you personally of anything.
I didn't mean for it to sound like I was personally questioning YOUR knowledge or watching habits.
My point is, is that the media tends to cover black people in a particular way. Stories that involve black people often have a "black" angle to them. They don't cover black people like just, people. There's always a racial angle to it. I'm not saying it's intentional. And while I don't like Joy Reid, I don't think her point was a bitterness to Gabby, or to say that something intentional was going on either.
I don't think the bias is intentional. I know that there are serious problems in some areas, so I'm not downplaying those problems, or saying that they don't exist. But when the media ONLY covers those problems, it creates an image that isn't accurate of the whole. It's more a natural result of a media that thrives off of sensationalism.
You don't have to be white to have these biases. The biases work on all of us. Blacks are watching the same news everyone else is, and are susceptible to the same biases.

I think a lot of people are pretty ignorant on things involving other people/communities. I doubt most people would've been able to tell me the breakdown of how many blacks live in poverty/gang areas vs. the suburbs, or that they've even ever thought about it. Which is natural.
But the image that is presented is that blacks are either constantly oppressed and killed by cops, or constantly trapped in some gang war, when neither picture is really accurate.
And when that's the only story that is being told, that's the only thing that people think about.

There are attractive black people that go missing. There are black kids that go missing, get kidnapped, get molested, etc. It's just not covered. This has been a problem for Native American women as well. I'm sure there's some attractive victims with some interesting stories there as well. Reid can do more, and hopefully going forward, she and other do so.
I get why Gabby's story got attention. People are just questioning why other people NEVER get any attention. Off the top of my head, i think black people are like 35-40% of the missing people, so it's not like what is being said is some outlandish untruth. But it all gets put in this "black" category, which is "gang/hood violence", instead of just stories of missing people, child abductions, etc.
Again, I don't think it's intentional, but it is feeding into this lopsided way of how people see these things.

I think we agree on this, we just came about it differently. I spent 18 years being viewed as an adversarial role against black people when I was a cop and i hated that people hated me because of a uniform i wore. And I imagine it is similar albeit on a lesser scale, to having people hate you because of skin color. It hurt me and most other cops to have all of 2020 and the years prior since mike brown’s shooting being hated on such a large scale. That is why I get more animated when I discuss the murders and crime rates and apathetic response in comparison to even a justified shooting.

Now I work as the director of security for a large development company that owns hotels, bio labs, and other ventures. It has brought an incredibly diverse talent pool into this homogenous area and I love it. The gm is a black male with a Mohawk that wears a bow tie and I love working with him. In fact, most of the people that work in the hotel are black and I love not being in that adversarial role and I am told daily “you are pretty damn cool and nice for a cop” and I have to tell them most cops are more like me than not. I think that we have a barrier of mistrust on both sides that if we can just get beyond, we could make some real progress. I hired a cop I used to supervise, a military guy, and a black Air Force vet that used to work the desk making shit wages and I will have to hire many more to cover all of our properties and we plan to continue to try and bring people with diverse backgrounds into the company.

We do not agree on everything, but this I agree with. I grew up in a black suburb. I now live in a racially mixed suburb. We are next door to an all white town. We do not have higher crime. Our taxes are the same. Our schools have similar report cards. Black kids and white kids hang in the same groups. I have all races of kids over my house all the time. Mostly athletes because that's who my son is. Everyone calls themselves the town nickname. Not their race. They listen to hip hop, country, rock. They all dress normal, on the sporty preppy side. This is what the Media will never show you, it doesn't fit narratives, or push agendas. At the end of the day people are people, if they are left alone. When government steps in and forces programs, and gives handouts, they do not do so out of charity. Its control. Generational welfare is control. Biden was obvious about it, too old to hide it..."If you don't vote for me you aren't black".....All control for votes.

I think we agree on this, we just came about it differently. I spent 18 years being viewed as an adversarial role against black people when I was a cop and i hated that people hated me because of a uniform i wore. And I imagine it is similar albeit on a lesser scale, to having people hate you because of skin color. It hurt me and most other cops to have all of 2020 and the years prior since mike brown’s shooting being hated on such a large scale. That is why I get more animated when I discuss the murders and crime rates and apathetic response in comparison to even a justified shooting.

Now I work as the director of security for a large development company that owns hotels, bio labs, and other ventures. It has brought an incredibly diverse talent pool into this homogenous area and I love it. The gm is a black male with a Mohawk that wears a bow tie and I love working with him. In fact, most of the people that work in the hotel are black and I love not being in that adversarial role and I am told daily “you are pretty damn cool and nice for a cop” and I have to tell them most cops are more like me than not. I think that we have a barrier of mistrust on both sides that if we can just get beyond, we could make some real progress. I hired a cop I used to supervise, a military guy, and a black Air Force vet that used to work the desk making shit wages and I will have to hire many more to cover all of our properties and we plan to continue to try and bring people with diverse backgrounds into the company.
That's awesome, and I think that's what a lot of it really comes down to. People just don't have a lot of exposure to other types of people.
9 times out of 10, If you meet a guy outside of your group, hang around him a bit, you end up seeing he's just a guy, and not this crazy image or stereotype that's been built up in your head.
But it can be hard for people to break these stereotypes they have in their head when it's the only thing that they have for reference. We end up looking at people as just groups and labels, and through the lens of political narratives, and not as just people. And people begin to see themselves through these labels and narratives as well.

Considering your work history, while I don't always agree with some of your takes(or maybe it's the points that you prioritize), I do get where you're coming from. Demonizing groups and making very broad generalizations, oversimplifications, and using extreme language or concepts is rarely helpful, and usually just hurts whatever goal that's being worked for.

We do not agree on everything, but this I agree with. I grew up in a black suburb. I now live in a racially mixed suburb. We are next door to an all white town. We do not have higher crime. Our taxes are the same. Our schools have similar report cards. Black kids and white kids hang in the same groups. I have all races of kids over my house all the time. Mostly athletes because that's who my son is. Everyone calls themselves the town nickname. Not their race. They listen to hip hop, country, rock. They all dress normal, on the sporty preppy side. This is what the Media will never show you, it doesn't fit narratives, or push agendas. At the end of the day people are people, if they are left alone. When government steps in and forces programs, and gives handouts, they do not do so out of charity. Its control. Generational welfare is control. Biden was obvious about it, too old to hide it..."If you don't vote for me you aren't black".....All control for votes.

I was with you, up until about the last few sentences.
Mostly because I don't believe it's a complete, fair, or accurate reading of exactly what government does, or at least what the goal is.
But yeah, black suburbs do exist, as do mixed suburbs. But you'd never think that was the case if you turned on the news.

I would say the larger issue is media/technology, and how people process information about themselves and about each other. As well as human nature to focus on the bad, and what's new and shiny.
At the end of the day, the government can't force you to believe something, and neither can the news. When people choose to only believe in things that already fit their world view, or make them feel comfortable, it will give them a skewed view of what the world is. And it's almost never completely what one side or the other says it is.

This. Christ guys, never, ever, ever talk to cops unless you have to. If they stop you in traffic and it's not apparent why, ask if you are being detained and leave if you can. Ask them if you're legally allowed to leave and just go (if you are, I mean).

Do not ever try to help them. They are not trying to help you. Their job is to detect crime, and they're looking for it everywhere.

If they show up to your house, do not let them in. If they say they have a warrant, ask to see it, and if they do, let them in but don't talk to them without a lawyer. If they don't have a warrant tell them they do not have permission to enter.

Guilty or innocent, most of the time the people who end up in prison are the ones who said too much, not too little.

They don't care about you. Stay out of their way and out of their crosshairs. Stay out of trouble, but if for any reason they start talking to you, don't talk to them.

Not sure if this has been posted yet but…

Dog the Bounty Hunter is on the case. Eric Rudolph evaded capture for five years living in the woods around the Appalachian Trail.

Everyone likes pink lips is why this is hot. Only white women's got em.
RIP Gabby RIP Patrice

Last edited:

My :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

EDIT: Oh my god fuck you sheredog
Monica was what I was saying
https://c.tenor.com/Rw_MdsmhWKIAAAAM/my-:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:-denzel-washington.gif

Don't you arouse increased scurtiny acting like this? How about if you witness an accident or crime? Doesn't sound very good citizen like just not talking.

I gotta tell you in 52 years as a half Latino white male i've never been in the back of a police car and talked to cops dozens of time. How about just don't be doing shit illegal?

Back