The Great Chicken WARS of 2019. Chick Fil A Or Popeyes?

Damn, right before seeing this thread my coworker was eating the new chicken sandwich from popeyes. His opinion is that chik-fil-a is better. Looked pretty good. I think they should have done a premium bun that sizes perfectly with the chicken. Most good burger joints also have at the very least pretty good buns. The popeyes bun look very standard and slightly oversized in comparison to the chicken.

Wish I could try both.

Oh yeah, any adult writing «Sammich » deserves to be culled.

Popeyes but if we are to include all fast food chicken chains, it would be Wingstop

I've only had Chick-fil-a once and is was not very good. Bland. Shit is seriously overrated.

It's sold out here.

ChikFila is better in general but I don't like their standard chicken sandwich. I go for the grilled one.

On a side note, I tried the Carl's Jr chicken burger for the first time because of a coupon in the mail. I loved it. It's not as crispy as other places, but the meat is thick and juicy and the flavor is great. Not dry at all. It's great with extra mayo and putting shredded mozzarella from home and toasting it so the cheese melts a little.

60da9913956f7b926a0b3ab1a3697b11.jpg

Chick fila and Popeyes shouldn't be compared as their specialties are different

That said chick fila has much better quality, a better comparison would be kfc vs Popeyes which recently for me has been KFC for me

I've never had Chick-fil-a and thought "Damn, that was amazing. Can't wait to come back."

Popeye's wins even though they served cold mac n' cheese last time I went. That shit had to have been stored in the fridge.
Yea but Chick fila is real food

Drove by a Popeye’s today and the line was out of the parking lot.

The hype is real lol. Seriously though, go try it if you can.

Yea but Chick fila is real food

Chick-fil-A® Chicken Sandwich

Ingredients
Chicken (boneless, skinless chicken breast filet with rib meat, seasoning [salt, monosodium glutamate, sugar, spices, paprika], seasoned coater [enriched bleached wheat flour {with malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid}, sugar, salt, monosodium glutamate, nonfat milk, leavening {baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate}, spice, soybean oil, color {paprika}], milk wash [water, nonfat milk, egg], peanut oil [fully refined peanut oil, with Dimethylpolysiloxane, an anti-foam agent added]), bun (enriched wheat flour [wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid], water, sugar, yeast, soybean oil, wheat gluten, contains 2% or less of salt, cultured wheat flour, vinegar, calcium sulfate, monoglycerides, DATEM, calcium propionate, ascorbic/citric acid, enzymes, soy lecithin, potassium iodate), bun oil (soybean oil, palm kernel oil, soy lecithin, natural flavor, beta carotene), pickle (cucumbers, water, vinegar, salt, contains less than 2% of alum, calcium chloride, potassium sorbate (preservative), natural flavor, polysorbate 80, yellow 5, blue 1.

On a side note, I tried the Carl's Jr chicken burger for the first time because of a coupon in the mail. I loved it. It's not as crispy as other places, but the meat is thick and juicy and the flavor is great. Not dry at all. It's great with extra mayo and putting shredded mozzarella from home and toasting it so the cheese melts a little.

60da9913956f7b926a0b3ab1a3697b11.jpg
I like their fish sandwich it huge.

Chick-fil-A® Chicken Sandwich

Ingredients
Chicken (boneless, skinless chicken breast filet with rib meat, seasoning [salt, monosodium glutamate, sugar, spices, paprika], seasoned coater [enriched bleached wheat flour {with malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid}, sugar, salt, monosodium glutamate, nonfat milk, leavening {baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate}, spice, soybean oil, color {paprika}], milk wash [water, nonfat milk, egg], peanut oil [fully refined peanut oil, with Dimethylpolysiloxane, an anti-foam agent added]), bun (enriched wheat flour [wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid], water, sugar, yeast, soybean oil, wheat gluten, contains 2% or less of salt, cultured wheat flour, vinegar, calcium sulfate, monoglycerides, DATEM, calcium propionate, ascorbic/citric acid, enzymes, soy lecithin, potassium iodate), bun oil (soybean oil, palm kernel oil, soy lecithin, natural flavor, beta carotene), pickle (cucumbers, water, vinegar, salt, contains less than 2% of alum, calcium chloride, potassium sorbate (preservative), natural flavor, polysorbate 80, yellow 5, blue 1.
@Clippy tell your son to go to bed

Popeyes wins bc they are brave enough to be near me. Tried the sammich last week and was suprised at how good it was. A&W makes a decent yet overpriced spicy chicken sandler

Back